Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WoTC Cards.

PokeManx

Hey guys, new here, just started getting back into collecting, after 10+ years out. Obviously I started collecting when Pokemon cards first came out. Which is why I believe the old WoTC cards are better.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I bought a Team Rocket Booster box, not opening it though! Don't seem to have the heart, as there are only a few left. I actually opened a Base set booster pack today, got a Poliwrath, which I wasn't expecting. Also bought a few other WoTC booster packs over the months. Anyone else still buy WoTC merchandise?

I'm thinking of collecting plasma storm, I bought one pack and got a holo Manaphy. Is it a good collection?

Welcome and glad to hear you decided to start collecting. In all honesty, I think most WoTC collectors aren't very fond of the new sets and your money may be better spent on what you already know and love.
Being newer to the market you may not already know that WoTC boxes are not exactly in short supply (a few are). Base and Team Rocket boxes being the most common by far. You can pick one up any day of the week. Though Team Rocket has spiked in price almost over night. They were under $200 not too long ago but recent auctions have gone to $250. What I'm getting at is if you want to open it you won't have trouble getting another. There are literally thousands out there. I opened two of these boxes a couple years ago and had no regrets :)

Back