Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Would anyone know what TCG these cards are from?

It's not widely used, but I have a Deck Mechanic section on my website... And I just received a very confusing e-mail, most likely from a very confused person. ;)

The field that asks for your Deck's List, he filled it out using the following.

maxmew
ducklint
hunter
add attack
arfy
clapeni

Well, I know little of cards from other TCGs. So, anyone recognize these cards and what the heck they're from? (Either way, I thought I made it clear that it was a Pokemon Oriented Website... :lol: )

Last edited:
I've seen some ODD names in my gaming life, but none as odd as those... Sounds like a Pokémon clone, by the names...

In the off-chance that he submitted a Poké deck, I'd interpret it as...

Mew
Golduck
Haunter
Pluspower
Poochyena?
Clefairy/Clefable?

Real odd... Then again, could it be a japanese Duel Masters deck?

Could be a foreign language version of Pokémon?

That's my only guess. And not all that great. Since I think, for example, "Mew" is "Mew" in all languages.

Perhaps someone was using their own fake cards?

I considered that too, I've been searching the internet for a while, but I've yet to find anything. If they spoke limited English and were attempting to translate from their language, that would make more sense.

Although. 6 "Cards" and no numbers next to them. Hm.

Perhaps I should contact the reply e-mail and just ask what gives. :lol:

It doesn't seem to be a foreign language version of Pokémon. It's more likely to be from a very young deck builder with limited writing and reading skills. Or just someone who was bored and wanted to send a "funny" e-mail. =P

I'm thinking it probably is a little kid, or just a pranker, probably the former rather than the latter of the two.

Tails probably has it right, but I think a few might be different from what he/she suggested.
Ducklint would be Psyduck (duckling would be the correct spelling, and as it evolves to Golduck, Psyduck would logically be the child form, thereby making it a duckling)
I'm thinking Arfy would be Growlithe, assuming my idea is right (children tend to use their own names for things they don't know).
and Clapeni would be Chansey/Blissey, maybe even Togepi, because of the way they hold their hands.

Back