Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Would Mismagius GL and Shuppet be viable?

ArmoredMewtwo

Well... Would it?

I didn't really think much about Mismagius GL in the beginning, to be honest... I just thought 'Ultimate Machamp Counter for SPs' because of the ability to move Unown G around. Then I read its attack and began to think of a fun deck my friend used to run which revolved around Shuppet and Pluspower, pondering how full the hand of a player would get with said Shuppet strategy. I once again brushed this off, even with the potential of 70 (80 with Buck's), returning the Pluspowers to the hand, and then placing 8 damage counters on the next turn (assuming that Mismagius has two energies and an E-Gain) if I happened to have three other cards in hand. Still, I was relatively unimpressed, seeing as the other three cards still needed to be a factor.

Then came the realization that Pokemon Contest Hall would grab Pokemon and attach Tools. I should have already guessed by now from playing the games that it was meant to be played with Mismagius GL, but I really didn't think that it could make a combo with Unown G, allowing a player to send both cards back into the hand if they get a heads and don't get their powers canceled for the turn. That took the cake for me. So I've started playing around with the idea. I've yet to find the right combination of cards, but I'm certain there's some untapped potential here...

Any thoughts on the matter?

I like Mismagius G since she now makes decks that may use energy gaon (luxray) competitive. Being able to remove a tool from a poke that going to get knocked out is big, especially w/ unown G. The only problem I see with your Contest hall idea is:

1) Coin flips are evil

2) bad for you in a SP mirror match or any deck that runs tools. You don't want to give your opp. a headstart by letting them search out Dialga G and an energy gain.

Contest Hall is good in any SP deck for the most part.

The risk of running stadiums is generally universal because there are just some matches where it will also help your opponent, there is just no avoiding it

Shuppet, eh? I dunno about that, but I definitely think that Mismagius GL is a good play, I just wish the Lv.X's attack was damage so you could apply weakness

Shuppets better ( I never thought I would of ever said that lol ). It's great.

Simply play a 2-2 Mime and Unown Q. As soon as all your shuppet and pluspowers go back to your hand bring him out. Next turn retreat and do the same over and over. Skuntank G is great aswell as the poison goes away.

I honestly think Shuppet could be a good deck.

Thanks for the comments, guys. :3

PokePockets is right about the Stadium thing. Very few Stadiums exist that don't benefit both players in some way, form, or fashion.

I've been playing around a bit more with it, and might do the Mr. Mime thing, seeing as there's plenty of space for Pokes in this deck idea.

seems sort of interesting with pokemon contest hall, to get your energy gains out early, then put them on anything you need to.

lol i just thought of a stadium that would work. I'm not really sure about the shupped and mismagius GL though because I don't really know much about mismagius GL. But the stadium is contest hall or speed stadium in a shiftry deck :lol:

this will just slow shuppet down, i've seen shuppet deal more than 80 damage a turn b/c he ran crobat g's SSU poke turn and other stuff, srsly i seen shuppet decks deal like 120 damage for like 3-5 turns

Back