Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wrist Plays (Pokemon with a playbook)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoLombardi21

Ok now im a huge fan of the nfl and more and more players are starting to wear arm bands with plays on them. Which are on the wrist of the player. This is effective for running the plays 100% correctely and making no mistakes.

Now with pokemon everyone knows what a misplay is. They can cost you the game if its bad. Now with worlds approaching would it be illegal to wear one of these with tips and stuff in it during a game?

Like stuff I usually forget is like how many switches, warp points, and mr. brineys compassion a deck might play. Other things like what techs it might play, what draw it has, what version of the deck is it? I like to know a move to counter there move. I also would like to know every outcome I possibly can. This helps with making no misplays.

Now I play football for my highschool and the people that have to execute everything 100% and forget plays usually wear wrist plays. I think pokemon to football and chess comparisons represent the game alot.

Anyway you can order these online and just put in tips of your own. Is there any rules against this? I mean if I think about it its exactely like thinking. When you dont know something you think long and hard. With having your tips is becomes alot easier. Its situational.

Heres a picture of the football style if you dont know what it looks like:
http://www.usaflagfootball.com/images/wristpic.jpg

Well I have one of these and im thinking to just erase the stuff it has on it and put plays aka notes on it and wear it during worlds. Would there be a rule or something preventing me from doing this?

Thoughts?

I dunno, sounds fishy at best. Though it's not really cheating, I think that's how some people would see this as, since you are giving yourself a controlled advantage the other person might not have (ie an outside device to remind you what to do or not do).

What about the time it takes you to find what your looking for? To much of a chance to be called for stalling.

IIRC, nothing prevents you from doing this...However, you have to make this information readily available to the opponent.

I don't think this would be too bad if the tips were like:

Don't forget to Smooth Over.

Remember to discard your supporter.

Did you place prizes?

etc.

i dont understand what you would write down. your opponent's decks? how would you know how many switches or techs your opponents deck plays? every deck is different. what you should do is assume the worst. assume your opponent has a switch warp point and briney in his hand and play according to that. assume your opponent will drop that tech on his bench that youre most afraid of.

I don't think this would be too bad if the tips were like:

Don't forget to Smooth Over.

Remember to discard your supporter.

Did you place prizes?

etc.

this sounds like the best way to use it. In my first round at Nats, I had the win staring at me with Metagross Ex. The card I was hesitant of putting in my deck. So having one of these could have helped me win that game. Then in a CC, I teched in a Mr. Bridney's for the Delta matchup, again I had it in my hand and just forgot to play it, instead I just adventurered just because I could not because I needed to. Sounds very interesting to say the least.

Sounds good, I personly would have stuff like, don't forget to use youre pk pwr ( whatever it is), don't for get about the new tec you just put in youre deck, don't forget about scramble, and being ahed in prizes. Simple things like those can cost the game if you forget to do somthing, and if youre tired and have bin playing all day in a hard event, it can be very easy to forget to do somthing. ( Ocasionly at league, or while play testing, I'll forget to deal out prizes.) :redface: Don't want to do that in a major tourny!! :lol:

You are allowed to have a notebook and take notes during a game,
from the rules:

10.Note Taking
Players are allowed to take notes durng a game in respect to actions that have happened
during the game.Notes should be restricted to changes in the game state.Players must be
timely with their note-taking and may not use devices that may send or receive messages
as a note-taking device.Notes taken during a match may not be given to other players
during the course of the tournament.Notes taken during a match may be reviewed by
either player at any time during the match.

So it's like a notebook on your wrist.But when you enter the tournament it must
be blank and than you can jot down the notes you need.

But I would ask the head judge to make sure.

If someone cant remember how to play and made it to worlds we have a problem here. And how could you possilbly know how many of what tech your opponent plays just by seeing what deck they're running. The difference in techs is what sets decks/players appart besides not needing an armband with tips on it to know how to play.

I kept forgetting to smooth over (Magcargo) and Cunning (Dark Slowking), so I wrote "S" and "C" on my hands.

I was told that was not allowed.

Not sure why, but I would think that the wristbands would fit that bill.

But we're talking about Worlds here - you would think that such "help" wouldn't be necessary.

Its my wrist and marker, I should be able to do whateva I want!

Would it also be bad to have instructions WRITTEN ON THE PICTURE OF THE CARD? Since writing is legal, why not just write REMEMBER TO SMOOTH OVER on a few cards so you can see them in your hand.

I was gonna put geometric theoroms on them so I could learn while I play :p

I would like to commend POP for their rating system, which has sent the best of the BEST to worlds, as you can CLEARLY see from this thread.I wish they would have used this rating system earlier to filter out all the unnecessary players,like martin, pooka, moss, seena(Leader), and bianchi.Instead replacing them with Gdog who has clearly seen the benefits of advanced play tactics.

I would like to commend POP for their rating system, which has sent the best of the BEST to worlds, as you can CLEARLY see from this thread.I wish they would have used this rating system earlier to filter out all the unnecessary players,like martin, pooka, moss, seena(Leader), and bianchi.Instead replacing them with Gdog who has clearly seen the benefits of advanced play tactics.
Look like someones still recovering from sour grapes of NOT GOING TO WORLDS!:lol:

I think the wristband would help some players also remember like set prizes, discard a supporter, or even have rulings with ur pokemon on it, ect. Although as pokemon pat said notes taking must be blank. Although during a tournament between rounds you could just copy notes onto ur notes couldnt u?

If someone cant remember how to play and made it to worlds we have a problem here. And how could you possilbly know how many of what tech your opponent plays just by seeing what deck they're running. The difference in techs is what sets decks/players appart besides not needing an armband with tips on it to know how to play.

Haha, too solid of a point, but stay open-minded and think about what GOOD can be done with notes. In addition to everything else mentioned, I always thought it'd be nice if I could speed up my first turn of the game (ie checking to see what is/isn't prized). A wristband would be enormously useful with the listing of single copies, so long as the opponent couldn't see it.

Haha, too solid of a point, but stay open-minded and think about what GOOD can be done with notes. In addition to everything else mentioned, I always thought it'd be nice if I could speed up my first turn of the game (ie checking to see what is/isn't prized). A wristband would be enormously useful with the listing of single copies, so long as the opponent couldn't see it.
At least someone understands the good that can be done with notes. This has nothing to do if someone has it in or not in worlds. It can prevent you from any mistake. It could be very useful. You also could speed up your turn which was a very good thought patriarch had. So people werent mad when they lose or win on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back