Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yeap, Another SMP deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dietrich

Hi Guys, Today I confirmed the power of a SMP deck wining my third tournament ^_^ I'm so happy XD there were good battles agaisnt Dark Slowking deck, Feraligatr + Claydol deck and others. ^_^

Here the deck list:

Pokemon: 25
2 Plusle / 2 ( Dunsparce for RS-on )
4 Beldum
2 Metang ( psy boom )
3 Metagross DX
1 Ralts
1 Gardevoir ( Emerald )
3 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto
3 Pidgeot
2 Scyther
2 Scizor Ex

Energy cards: 12
8 Psychic energy
4 Metal energy

Trainer Cards: 23
3 Island cave
2 Copycats
2 Steven's advice
2 TV reporters
2 Rocket's Admin
4 Celio's Network
4 Rare candy
2 Switch
2 Strengh charm

I use Gardevoir Emerald here in order to reduce some damage after Steel wing or just for remove the damage counter after metagross's pokepower, ( it helped me a lot agaisnt Dark Slowking and Manectric Ampharos Decks ) 3 - 2 - 3 Pidgeot is here because I need to build my bench quickly so i'm testing it with this formation.

Some of you have more experience than me with this kind of deck, please help improve it. Any suggestions and ideas are most welcome ^_^

Thanks and good luck for your Battles !!

Last edited:
Dietrich said:
Pokemon: 25
2 Plusle / 2 ( Dunsparce for RS-on )
4 Beldum
2 Metang ( psy boom )
3 Metagross DX
1 Ralts
1 Gardevoir ( Emerald )
3 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto
3 Pidgeot
2 Scyther
2 Scizor Ex

Energy cards: 12
8 Psychic energy
4 Metal energy

Trainer Cards: 23
3 Island cave
2 Copycats
2 Steven's advice
2 TV reporters
2 Rocket's Admin
4 Celio's Network
4 Rare candy
2 Switch
2 Strengh charm

I use Gardevoir Emerald here in order to reduce some damage after Steel wing or just for remove the damage counter after metagross's pokepower, ( it helped me a lot agaisnt Dark Slowking and Manectric Ampharos Decks ) 3 - 2 - 3 Pidgeot is here because I need to build my bench quickly so i'm testing it with this formation.

Some of you have more experience than me with this kind of deck, please help improve it. Any suggestions and ideas are most welcome ^_^

Thanks and good luck for your Battles !!

Wow....I'd be curious to know what you *did* go up against, and how you fared on a per-matchup basis. 25 pokés seems like way too many, and 12 energy seems like way too few, especially since you're only running 2 TVR, the only draw card to reliably get energy into the discard pile where it is accessible by Super Connectivity.

Unless you're having overwhelming success with this lineup, I'd at least suggest ditching the 2 Plusle (Call for Family Beldum/Twin Play Scyther plus a couple of Celio's should be enough to populate your basics), cut your Celio's in half and max out your TVR. I understand the rationale behind the Ralts/Gardevoir, but something I've been considering is a 3-2-3, 3-1-3 or possibly a 2-1-2 of Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, using a FRLG Pidgeot for quicksearch and a POP2 Pidgeot for Beating Wings. Maybe I'll try that this weekend....

Anyway, one man's ramblings.

//Spotter

With 1-1 as line of Gardevoir is really hard you can play it, sometimes Ralts will be prized, and sometimes Gardevoir. i would take those away to add 2 TV Rep, so you can put your energys on the discard pile to use Metagross's Pokepower.
Also i consider Boost Energy in the case you need a desperate hit.

Drop the Gardy line its not really needed.
omg! You're from Lima, Peru! I just finished my South America Map for World Geography and I remember that Lima is the capital. It's cool to know that they have Pokemon tournaments down there.
Oh sorry for getting off topic.
Anyway your list looks pretty good and a 3 tournament sweep looks good too!

I'm just curious, what age group are you in? other than that, you're metagame sounds pretty messed up. but maybe gardevoir delta is the thing that stares everyone in the face and noone realizes it's good until they face it.

originally from Spotter:

Wow....I'd be curious to know what you *did* go up against, and how you fared on a per-matchup

Well, I faced yesterday decks like:

Feralidoll ( Feraligatr Ex + Claydol DX ) 2nd
Toolkill ( Dark Slowking + Primeape FRLG + Porygon2 ) 3rd
Amphtric ( Ampharos UF + Manectric DX ) 4th
Healingwilly ( Wailord Ex + Bellossom HL + Claw fossils )
Magcargo deck ( Magcargo DX + Magcargo UF )
Darksteelix turn2 ( Dark steelix ^_^U )
Gardevoir deck ( Gardevoir Ex + Gardevoir RS )
Typhloziken ( Typhlosion UF + Typhlosion Ex + Blaziken RS )
and other decks from guys who started playing pokemon TCG last week.

originally from Professor Elm:

omg! You're from Lima, Peru! I just finished my South America Map for World Geography and I remember that Lima is the capital. It's cool to know that they have Pokemon tournaments down there.

The number of pokemon trainers here is growing by the time and I think the next tournament will have more surprises ^_^ .

Sorry for the off topic ^_^U.

Thanks for your Advices I'll try the 2 - 1 - 2 Pidgeot Line and some of my friends are thinking in use a fire deck for the next Tournament so I'm thinking in 1 - 1 Horsea TRR / Kingdra TRR over Ralts / Gardevoir ( I can't find a Deoxys Ex attack form u_u ).

Good luck for your Battles !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back