Yet another Gallade/Gardy deck - needs faster setup

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Croatian_Nidoking, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

The main problem with my Gallade/Gardy deck is that it's too irregular, especially with regard to setup. At the Coral Springs Cities, I actually missed top cut with a slighty altered version of it (w/Shiftry ex CG, Basic Dark Energy, and Bebe's instead of Dusknoir, Holon WP, and Celio's), but at Miami Cities, I failed miserably with it. Please take a look and see what's wrong with it, and suggest any changes:

"Lezginka.dec" (A brief explanation of the deck name here).

Pokemon:

4-2-3 Gallade SW line
    2-1 Gardy SW-Gardy Lvl. X
    1 Duskull CG
    1 Dusknoir DP
    4 Absol SW
    1 Holon's Castform
    1 Minun DP

Trainers:

3 Celio's
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Roseanne's
    2 Castaway
    2 TGW
    3 TGM
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Windstorm
    2 PlusPower
    2 Strength Charm

Energy:

4 Psychic
    3 Fighting
    4 DRE
    2 Scramble
    2 Holon WP

You probably know the strategy by now: Absol wrecks the opponent's hand long enough for you to set up Gallade (the main attacker) and Gardy (development/secondary attacker). Dusknoir is for shuffling your opponent's big guns back in their deck. Minun helps a little w/draw power and recovery. Castform gets attached to a Gallade w/a DRE on it so you don't have to waste Strength Charms/PlusPowers.

As a final note, I'll let you know that most of the folks in my area with G&G decks use Stantler or Mawile CG as a starter, so feel free to suggest that.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  2. for Dusknoir to work on a big attacker will you need a warp point?

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

A few of the G&G players in my area use Furret as their setup Pokemon. From what I've seen, it is quite effective. You may want to try that out.

4. Croatian_Nidoking

I was thinking of putting in Warp Point; thanks for suggesting it, Pokedad. I also thought of using Prof. Oak's Visit instead of TGM in my deck in case of a mirror match (which your opponent will exploit to the fullest if he/she gets Gardy out).

In the Miami CC, I did see one G&G deck that used both Furret and Stantler. Don't know how well he did, though, or how I could possibly squeeze even a 1-1 line in.

- Croatian_Nidoking

5. Crosplat

Crosplat New Member

If you want to make the deck fast get rid of the Dusknoir line, Castform, Minun, and Holon WP. Now add 1 Fighting, 1 Psychic (energy), 1 Gardy Lv.X, and 3 Oak's Visit. Also replace Pluspower with Strength Charm so you can search for them with Castaway.

6. Aggy&Co.

Aggy&Co. Member

I would trade the Absol for Stantler as well. Instead of trying to ruin your opponents hand try getting yourself into attack mode to take the prizes.

7. Croatian_Nidoking

I do have 2 Strength Charm in my deck - I just forgot to put them in the list. I'll fix it ASAP.

I'll grant you most of those changes, but I only have 1 Gardy Lvl. X, and I don't see the purpose of adding another one. I'll keep the Minun and the Dusknoir, they've helped. Also, I'm thinking of replacine TGM with Oak's Visit, I don't need both.

- Croatian_Nidoking

8. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

I run Absol, Stantler, and Furret in my varient. a 1-1 furret, 4 absol, and 3 Stantler. It's nice because you can really set up fast with your options. I'm considering teching in a couple other things though. I don't know. I played a GG deck without DRE at a cities and got 4th with it. The next time I played it with the DRE, i got 17th. Big difference.

9. Croatian_Nidoking

^ That's pretty odd, secrets, since every G&G deck (successful or no) I've seen uses DRE. I don't see how you could play the deck well without it.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.