Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yet another Gallade/Gardy deck - needs faster setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem with my Gallade/Gardy deck is that it's too irregular, especially with regard to setup. At the Coral Springs Cities, I actually missed top cut with a slighty altered version of it (w/Shiftry ex CG, Basic Dark Energy, and Bebe's instead of Dusknoir, Holon WP, and Celio's), but at Miami Cities, I failed miserably with it. Please take a look and see what's wrong with it, and suggest any changes:

"Lezginka.dec" (A brief explanation of the deck name here).

Pokemon:

4-2-3 Gallade SW line
2-1 Gardy SW-Gardy Lvl. X
1 Duskull CG
1 Dusknoir DP
4 Absol SW
1 Holon's Castform
1 Minun DP

Trainers:

3 Celio's
4 Rare Candy
3 Roseanne's
2 Castaway
2 TGW
3 TGM
2 Night Maintenance
2 Windstorm
2 PlusPower
2 Strength Charm

Energy:

4 Psychic
3 Fighting
4 DRE
2 Scramble
2 Holon WP

You probably know the strategy by now: Absol wrecks the opponent's hand long enough for you to set up Gallade (the main attacker) and Gardy (development/secondary attacker). Dusknoir is for shuffling your opponent's big guns back in their deck. Minun helps a little w/draw power and recovery. Castform gets attached to a Gallade w/a DRE on it so you don't have to waste Strength Charms/PlusPowers.

As a final note, I'll let you know that most of the folks in my area with G&G decks use Stantler or Mawile CG as a starter, so feel free to suggest that.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Last edited:
A few of the G&G players in my area use Furret as their setup Pokemon. From what I've seen, it is quite effective. You may want to try that out.

I was thinking of putting in Warp Point; thanks for suggesting it, Pokedad. I also thought of using Prof. Oak's Visit instead of TGM in my deck in case of a mirror match (which your opponent will exploit to the fullest if he/she gets Gardy out).

In the Miami CC, I did see one G&G deck that used both Furret and Stantler. Don't know how well he did, though, or how I could possibly squeeze even a 1-1 line in.

- Croatian_Nidoking

If you want to make the deck fast get rid of the Dusknoir line, Castform, Minun, and Holon WP. Now add 1 Fighting, 1 Psychic (energy), 1 Gardy Lv.X, and 3 Oak's Visit. Also replace Pluspower with Strength Charm so you can search for them with Castaway.

I would trade the Absol for Stantler as well. Instead of trying to ruin your opponents hand try getting yourself into attack mode to take the prizes.

If you want to make the deck fast get rid of the Dusknoir line, Castform, Minun, and Holon WP. Now add 1 Fighting, 1 Psychic (energy), 1 Gardy Lv.X, and 3 Oak's Visit. Also replace Pluspower with Strength Charm so you can search for them with Castaway.

I do have 2 Strength Charm in my deck - I just forgot to put them in the list. I'll fix it ASAP.

I'll grant you most of those changes, but I only have 1 Gardy Lvl. X, and I don't see the purpose of adding another one. I'll keep the Minun and the Dusknoir, they've helped. Also, I'm thinking of replacine TGM with Oak's Visit, I don't need both.

- Croatian_Nidoking

I run Absol, Stantler, and Furret in my varient. a 1-1 furret, 4 absol, and 3 Stantler. It's nice because you can really set up fast with your options. I'm considering teching in a couple other things though. I don't know. I played a GG deck without DRE at a cities and got 4th with it. The next time I played it with the DRE, i got 17th. Big difference.

^ That's pretty odd, secrets, since every G&G deck (successful or no) I've seen uses DRE. I don't see how you could play the deck well without it.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back