Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yet anothere Ludicargo, but which tech to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

togepikachu90

Ok. This is another Ludicargo deck. But there are some changes because of the new rotation. Also, there are many techs that are used in ludicargo that I have heard about. The best techs I have heard of are Rhydon, Lanturn, Grumpig, FRLG Marowak, and, somethig I picked, Deoxys Dusclops. For 3 energies, you can lay up to 7 damage counters on your opponents active Pokemon. Plus, if you get two heads on a different attack, you can discard ALL energies on your oppnents active Pokemon. So I will think about what techs to use for this deck, but for now i am using rhydon. Anything help on what techs to use would be heplful. Oh yeah, FYI, this deck has to be HL-on. Thanks in advance.

Pokemon: toody-too
4 Plusle DX
1 Jirachi DX
2 Slugma
2 Magcargo
4 Lotad DX
3 Lombre DX
4 Ludicolo (swing dance)
1 Rhyhorn HL
1 rhydon HL

Trainers: 23
3 stevens
2 rare candy
2 swoop
4 celios
3 reversal
1 admin
2 copycat
1 warp point
1 crystal shard
1 strenth charm
3 battle frontier

energy: 15
7 water
1 scramble
3 DRE
2 heal
2 fightin'

P.S. : energy will change depending what techs are chosen

Thank you in advance.

change plusle to dunsparce until the rotation

and as for the tech it all depends on the metagame in you area, i like the wak though.

i would advice against Marowak since the main concept of ludicolo is to fill up your bench to do more damage and with marowak u will need ur pokemon to be in the discard pile to power it up.

grumpig is a nice tech since there are many ex weak to either psychic or colorless (use crystal shard) .

Lanturn on the other hand can do either 100 (discard lightning+strenght charm), 90 (discard lightning or DRE+strenght charm), 80 (by just discarding DRE)

and as tecdecs suggested it also depends on the metagame in your area

Thanks, guys! Well, it looks like a close race, but I think I will chose probably either grumpig, lanturn, or rhydon. Here's why:

Grumpig: great advantage against many EXs for few energy. Good hit points.

Lanturn: can do enormous amounts of damge, but does require discarding. good tech against zapdos ex, but since jake wont be at league for a while, there is no other chance of zapdos showing up in my metagame.

rhydon: good against rock-lock, the most used deck in my metagame. can do 50 or 70 to an ex for 3 energy, just 1 fighting energy.

so there ya go. but lets keep it coming and find out whats the best tech for ludicargo. oh yeah, another thing: there are no T2 decks where i play! i havent seen one in forever!

Thanks again in advance.

Jariel said:
i would advice against Marowak since the main concept of ludicolo is to fill up your bench to do more damage and with marowak u will need ur pokemon to be in the discard pile to power it up.

but with marowak you can hit your opp bench, plus the swoop teleporters and ludi 1st attacks gets the dunsparce and other pokemon into your discard

Last edited:
Tim, just keep in mind that if T2 is still big by premiere tournament time, you'll still see it. ;)

Go with a Rock-Lock tech. No, a T2 Tech. No a Zappy tech.

RL and Zap are Jake, no one else plays them that much. T2 is never around as well.

togepikachu90 said:
Thanks, guys! Well, it looks like a close race, but I think I will chose probably either grumpig, lanturn, or rhydon. Here's why:

Grumpig: great advantage against many EXs for few energy. Good hit points.

Lanturn: can do enormous amounts of damge, but does require discarding. good tech against zapdos ex, but since jake wont be at league for a while, there is no other chance of zapdos showing up in my metagame.

rhydon: good against rock-lock, the most used deck in my metagame. can do 50 or 70 to an ex for 3 energy, just 1 fighting energy.

so there ya go. but lets keep it coming and find out whats the best tech for ludicargo. oh yeah, another thing: there are no T2 decks where i play! i havent seen one in forever!

Thanks again in advance.

Yes, I fully agree, but I would like to suggest you taking a look at Prime's most recent post on Ludicargo, which uses Dark Slowking...

I would also sugest playing:"

1) Playing more Rare Candies and possibly Magcargo, so that Walrein from HL can be added to spped up the game against T2 decks.

2) Dark Slowking, for explanation chek Prime's most recent post on Ludicargo Decks.

3) 1/1 or 2/2 line of both Lanturn and Rhydon from HL.

These were my thoughts... Hope I helped... Good luck...

If there are these in the area . . .

Rock Lock: Use Rhydon, Marowak, Dark Marowak. Rhydon prefered tho.
Ludicolo: Lanturn
T2 Medicham/ Muk/ Hariyama: Grumpig
Blaze: Grumpig(Kills Blaze ex, and Deoxys), Rhydon(Can't Damage
Bench with Volcanic Ash or FireStream You if Active)
Dragonite: Lanturn
Rogue: Whatever

That's what I'd think.

Ok. With what all of you have said, I think that it will be grumpig. Here's the new list:

pokemon: 23
4 plusle DX
2 slugma
2 magcargo
4 lotad
3 lombre
4 ludicolo(swing dance)
2 spoink
2 grumpig

trainers: 21
3 stevens
3 candy (yum!)
1 swoop
4 celio's
3 reversal
2 copycat
1 shard
1 strength charm
3 battle frontier

energy:
6 water
1 scramble
3 DRE
4 psychic
2 heal

Let's keep it comin', guys!
Thanks!

Last edited:
You need more drawing cards 5 is not enought. Try playing 3-2-3 line of ludi and tht will give you the space you need

togepikachu90 said:
ok. lets try this:
-1 lotad
-1 lombre
-1 luidcolo
+1 copycat
+1 admin
+1 birch
Yes it looks better now, you should decide your tech depending on your metagame, almost any stage 1 fits in Ludi

What? Tim, a 3-2-3 line of Ludi is a :nonono:. If you feel the need for space, take out something else.

In my deck, it is a gurantee that 95% of the time a Lotad or Slugma is prized. =/

-1 grumpig
-1 spoink
-2 psychic
+1 lotad
+1 lombre
+1 ludicolo
+1 water

i used a 1-1 tech line of rhydon in this deck before. it worked fine. jared knows. so a 1-1 tech line of da pig should work well

There ya go!

Metal Master said:
What? Tim, a 3-2-3 line of Ludi is a :nonono:.

Whatever you do, DO NOT listen to that quote. The regular Ludicolo Pokemon line uses a 3-2-3 Ludicolo line, in addition to the following:

2-2 Magcargo
2-2 Stage 1 Tech
4 Dunsparce
1 Jirachi (Deoxys)
[Optional: 1 Deoxys ex Norm. for tech against T2]

Since you're doing this HL-On (how many of these have there BEEN? o_O) you should use Plusle over Dunsparce and think about dropping Jirachi entirely since Plusle can't afford to not find Lotad and Slugma first turn. Also, when Huge Turnip comes out (the stadium that makes you discard your Benched Pokemon, which would seriously hurt Ludicolo's damage potential), you should definitely use FRLG Marowak, which does more damage when your Pokemon are discarded, as your Stage 1 line. Until then stick with either Rhydon or Lanturn.

pokemon: 20
3 lotad
2 lombre
3 ludicolo
2 slugma
2 magcargo
2 rhyhorn/ 2 spoink
2 rhydon/ 2 grumpig(the extra ball one that does more damage to exs; explain below)
4 plusle

trainers: tooty-too
4 celio's
3 copycat
1 admin
1 birch
3 stevens
3 candy
3 reversal
1 charm
3 battle frontier

energy: 16
7 water
1 scramble
3 DRE
2 heal
3 fighting/ 3 psychic

Here's why I want to use the Extra Ball Grumpig. Telaport blast would switch out da pig with either ludicolo or magcargo. Both of them have a medium to high retreat. So that I don't keep discarding energies if da pig is needed again. Plus, extra ball will do over 100 to a psychic weak ex, and there are alot of 'em. Switch out the energy for the different pokemon used. I will probably just switch the deck every week depending on who comes and what they play.

There ya go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back