Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

You have GOT to be KIDDING me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krucifier

I just got a thick letter from Croftminster (Our LD) with all the Worlds/Scholarships stuff in it... I was reading it and I really couldn't believe what it said. I must prove that I am going to the World Championships within 2 weeks of the ending of my National Championships? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Now, had I have won a travel award, this wouldn't be a problem for me. But considering that I came 2nd place, and that is only an invite, *NOT* a travel award, telling me that I have 1 week to pull $2,000 out of nowhere is just... :nonono::nonono::nonono:

I was under the impression that we had longer than 1 or 2 weeks to prove that we are going to Worlds. (From what I read on the website a while ago.) I am *TRYING* to get to Worlds, the only thing standing in my way, really, is money. I would more than likely be able to go to Worlds if we had more than 1 week to save up. Worlds is a bit over 3 months away. Surely, you don't *NEED* to have all of our information in 1 week? Surely, we should have *MORE* time to save up and go.

Telling me that I have 1 week to get $2000, or my invitation - which I worked bloody hard to get, is worth nothing, is just wrong.

They probably did this to prevent having to give out your invite to the people in the grinder. Good luck getting the money :/

I Agree.
I say they should give you until around the time U.S. Nationals is to get your money in before they void your invitation.
POP is growing worse.

They probably did this to prevent having to give out your invite to the people in the grinder. Good luck getting the money :/

How is this PREVENTING handing my invite into the grinder. It is only making sure that there are MORE invites for the grinder!

I bet that if you don't show them the way you are getting to worlds, they would probably pass it on to 3rd place in your nationals.

Funny. 3rd place at my Nationals *DID* get an invite. (Rankings).

Lawman, it was sent *FROM* the LD, but it was all on behalf of POP. (All of it is official POP forms and stuff)

according the the worlds FAQ here on the OP site: http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/championshipseries/worlds/info/07-08/answers.html
Players who earn invitations without Travel Awards must send travel verification in the form of airline itineraries, hotel booking receipts, or other proof of planned travel to [email protected] no later than 7/14/2008 or forfeit their seat into the event. Seats not claimed may be rolled into the Last Chance Qualifier.

so sounds like the 'two weeks' IS the LD's date, not POP's?

'mom

I know PUI/OP needs to know how many invites are going to be used to plan accordingly. I would think the deadline is the LD's call though, not POP's since the USA wont even have there Nats for 5-6 weeks or so. In the past, PUI had a check in time cutoff at Worlds itself before the grinder started/ended, so they could announce any changes tot he grinder #s before the end of friday.

Keith

EDIT: Thx 'Mom....I knew I saw a cutoff daye somewhere. Knew it wasnt that soon.

Yeah. I knew I saw a date somewhere. But what I don't get is why the forms (Which are OFFICIAL POP forms) say "No later than 2 weeks AFTER your National Championships".

Yeah. I knew I saw a date somewhere. But what I don't get is why the forms (Which are OFFICIAL POP forms) say "No later than 2 weeks AFTER your National Championships".
then email POP, and get the answer directly from the source instead of starting a lot of speculation on the 'gym.

'mom

then email POP, and get the answer directly from the source instead of starting a lot of speculation on the 'gym.

'mom

And wait a week for a reply, which, if these forms are correct, would *COMPLETELY* eliminate *ANY* chance of going at all?

Surely, someone out there (Other than POP) knows something about this, and could help.

Could be the forms are based upon the USA Nationals dates - end of June, 2 weeks after is July 14th so "within 2 weeks" is how the form is worded.

I could see why the paid trip that you got they would want it that fast, but for the non-paid invites. I am not sure they would need to let anyone know, as POP usually knows by the registration how players are at worlds and how many roll into the grinder.

Drew

I could see why the paid trip that you got they would want it that fast, but for the non-paid invites. I am not sure they would need to let anyone know, as POP usually knows by the registration how players are at worlds and how many roll into the grinder.

Drew

I didn't get a paid trip though.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Could be the forms are based upon the USA Nationals dates - end of June, 2 weeks after is July 14th so "within 2 weeks" is how the form is worded.

It *DID* come across my mind that it could be for America...But still. Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
um, no one posting here is going to 'know for sure'.

unless one of the OP staff was to stumble across this thread...which is not likely to happen anytime soon, as it is now 8:20 pm here on the west coast and i'm fairly sure they don't read the 'gym after work hours...your best bet for a quick reply would be emailing POP *directly* so it's there at the start of the workday tomorrow. it's certainly what *I* would do...ymmv.

jmho.
'mom

Tick the Maybe you're going to worlds on the Invitee form and send them back in. This way if you go, you go. If you don't, you don't. I really hope you do get to come this year though.

I think BJJ is correct, it is probably referencing USA Nats and 2 weeks after that time frame. Email POP and get a direct answer.

Keith

I think BJJ is correct, it is probably referencing USA Nats and 2 weeks after that time frame. Email POP and get a direct answer.

Keith

no these forms Are different. These are NON US winner forms. I'm certain that It is 2 weeks after our Nationals. However, like 'mom quoted- you have to confirm if youre going or not by that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back