Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Your most PRO move! (Or were a witness to a PRO move.) Come share!

Rikko145

This thread is for people who have a particular move they were proud of in a game! Come here and share! Just use the below format!:

Who the move was made by: (Me, A Friend, My Grandmother, JWittz, etc.)

Where was it?: (States, Regionals, Nationals, League, Home, RedShark, etc.)

What season was it in? (2010-2011, 2009-2010, etc.)(--- if it wasn't sanctioned)

When was it?: (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, etc.)

The pro move: (Please go into detail so everybody understands!)

Feel free to post multiple, as well!

Myself
RedShark
---
Pro Move:
I was playing a Donphan deck, and usually I have no problem with Donphan. I've beaten this guy a couple times before, and this time he is playing straight donphan. I got some pretty bad draws that game, and I was down 5-2. I was testing with Tyrogue and Jirachi at the time, and usually Jirachi is a late-game saver, and you don't lay down a Tyrogue after T2. (It's mainly for donking lone Cleffas.) I had nothing but weaklings on the field, and he only had his final Donphan on the field, with 3 :fighting: energy, a Rescue Energy, and 50 damage on it. I Collector, not having much else to do, and devise a plan. I get a Tyrogue, Jirachi, and something else I don't recall. I drop the Tyrogue and retreat. Mischevious Punch for 10 damage. I stay asleep, he tries to Reversal, fails, and passes. I wake up, play Jirachi, two heads, (only had 1 :psychic: energy in the discard, though), and Time Hollow FTW.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really classify my move as "pro," but it's the most favorite move I have ever done..

It was the 2004[I believe] City Championships... It was Round 4 of swiss [3-0 v 3-0].. it was Dark Dragonite/Dark Electrode mirror. It was 2-1[myself winning].
We both had Dark Dragonite active. Mine had 50 HP left.. and... if the Dragonite was KO'd... I would have no energy left in play. I had drawn Zangoose That turn. It was great... except I had no room on my field. [Had switch in my hand]. I was thinking of using Pidgeot's Clutch... but... I knew he had a switch in his hand [also, he would OHKO me next turn with Rocket's Sneasel EX. So, I sat there for a minute contemplating what I would do... and then... I look at my Dunsprace that had 10 HP left... I used Quick Search and got a Rainbow Energy... I attached it to Dunsparce and KO'd it... I then played Zangoose, switch, proceeded to move the energy to Zangoose and did 120 damage to Dark Dragonite for the win.

I won a match that was 1-5 in one turn by using my Omastar MD followed by Giratina LvX (or it might have been DCL, i know I had at least one Expert Belt knock out). I would have grabbed 6, but I had already taken a prize early in the game.

My most skillfull move was winning vs. 3 Machamps on field with a Deck built with 4 Honchkrow G and 4 Crobat G. xD just for lulz.... (format was DP-RR back then)

Hmh a skillfull move was in prague cup final getting 4 prizes with BDK vs. 3 Machamp SF, just having a Chomp X on bench and going to 1-1 on prizes vs. Michal, but then having to loose vs. random Topdeck Warp Point, with him having pretty much no drawpower.
I had also no drawpower and wasn't able to get the turn for chomp -.-, but that one more turn would've won me the game for 2-0.

One during states I went first energy pass. my opponent opened with uxie, played collector for uxie shaymin Unown q, and plays them and a tangela all down. He passes............I play ERL, galactic switch, energize, and thunderfall for 4 prizes turn 2. <3
Posted with Mobile style...

Well while testing DonChamp with Zoroark at League, I was playing vs. LostGar. I believe he had Lost Zoned 5 Pokemon and just needed to hit the Lost Zone and another Pokemon FTW. I had a Zoroark with DCE on the Bench, and Donphan with 1 Fighting Active. He has a Gengar Prime Active. I think for a while, then see he has Mime Jr. on the Bench. I DCE to Donphan, do 60. Next turn, he Lost Zones something, I DCE Donphan again, Retreat, Foul Play Cursed Drops to KO the Mime Jr. FTW.

Also while playing Gyarados vs. my friend's Machamp, I remember he had a Machamp Active and 3 Pokemon on the Bench. I have 2 Smeargle in play. I use the first one to Portrait another Seeker, then Warp Point to my Q'd one and Portrait the Seeker again so he has 0 Pokemon on the Bench and an Uxie Active. Then I Retreat to Gyarados and 90 FTW,

Finally... I started with Dragonite FB against Vilegar at Provincials. Of course he opens Tomb. I figure I'm screwed this match so I just throw Energy on Dragonite. He pushes up Gengar and snipes my Zong I think. I Giant Tail, heads, 80. He KOs my Zong and I get tails on Giant Tail. He Poltergeists for like 30, I Giant Tail, heads, KO! After that (and trying to get another Giant Tail on Uxie X, but getting tails =(), I Retreat Dragonite and carry out my normal LuxChomp strategy, but Dragonite won me that match.

Format was MD-BW.

I was playing Reshiram/Zoroark/Typhlosion vs Yanmega/Magnezone

Played reversal, hit heads. Brought up Giratina Let loose, used it to kill the giratina (2x dark weak) AND two mons on the bench from flipping one heads.

At regionals this year.. in finals... I was playing vilegar vs donchamp...
All I had for 10 turns was a fully loaded nidoqueen...
But It tanked and destroyed his field so when i finally got gengar there were no more pokes to KO..

Not a pro moment, but I got extremely lucky.

I was using Donchamp and was playing against Magneboar. I started with 0 supporters or trainers in my hand; all I had was 2 Donphan and 1 Machop. The rest was energy. For the first 4 or 5 turns, I wasn't able to draw any supporters. However, I top decked every single evolution and even more basics.

My opponent scooped. Luckiest match ever. :thumb:

Ok... at nationals last year in the final round, I was using what is now known as loxchomp and I was playing againest a gengar/garchomp/mewtwo. I somehow managed to take 5 prizes with no poketurns. And near the end, I had my dialga G stuck as my active in a faceoff with his mewto lv X. We were the last two playing and he had taken 4 prizes. So I knew all I had to do was stall. I then use deafen to prevent him from playing his Gengar which would have spelled the end for me. He attacks with his metwo lv X but he can't one shot my dialga G... expert belt ftw. So every turn, for three turns in a row I warp my dialga G to the bench, send up my garchomp C, level up to heal, use bronzong G to move the warp energy to my garchomp C lv X, and poketurn it, laying the garchomp C back down. I win on time with a one prize lead. My opponent then refuses to end his turn because I cheated lol. Last time I checked, I wasn't just doing nothing for three minutes every turn, my turns were only about a minute long anyways. If you're outplayed, accept it.
And the day before, the kid next to me was using luxchomp and he was playing againest a cursegar that had mewtwo in it. So he takes two early prizes and his opponent has a Claydol and a Mewtwo lv X in the active position. The mewtwo takes a prize and i figured it was over. But then he uses bright look to bring up the claydol and he passes. The opponent collectors for a Q, but it get sprayed. He attaches to his claydol and passes. Then the luxchomp player goes ok... flashbites the Q to death, and he uses ambipom G's attack to constantly move an energy off of the claydol to the mewtwo lv X, which causes the energy to be discarded. With his Palmer's prized he admits defeat because he will never be able to retreat his claydol. The luxchomp player wins with having only taken two prizes. Genius.
Posted with Mobile style...

Last edited:
Back