Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Your Screenname Makes Me Think Of...

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
You ever notice how a person's screenname can trigger a past memory, part of a song, TV commercial, an old joke, an adage, a character, etc ?

Well, I thought it be fun to read about you experiences with things that PoP into your head whenever you see certain PokeGym Screennames.

Here's a few of mine:

WHEN I SEE THESE SCREENAMES:

Biggie - I, literally, mumble "All ya hear is Papa don't.. B.. B... BIGGIE!"
LOL!

Baby Mario - Anybody else get a Mario Fat Head image in your head?

Time For Pain - Exeggutor LA and Mesprit LA. Seeing his name reminds me of those two cards. If I'm working on a deck idea and I see his name on a screen, I'm like "hmm I wonder if Eggs and/or Mesprit can go into this?" LOL!

PokePop - That crazy Batman movie Joker...lol

Totoro - HuuuAhhhh! I just hear some Kung-fu kee-ah stuff when I see his name.. lol

RyanVergel - Scizor/Cherrim. Back when he was a mod. He really tried to help new people learn to play by using this deck. He would post LONG how-to posts and return to answer their questions. So, when I see his screenname, I'm reminded of that RyanVergel.

MrMeches - Fishing Draw Engine.

Cyrus - *musical sound* ---> duuuuhn..duuuuuuhhn... dn dn.. dUUUUUUUNNNNNN. (it's like dramatic movie strings)

SlowDeck - "HEY!" I'm always glad to see Rob post. When I see his name randomly pop up, I"m like "HEY!" ... lol

Will-iam - "I GOTTA FEELIN'... that tonights gonna be a Good Night... Feelin'!"

Hatter - Team Hatter.

Toxictaipan - Wise. Surprisingly wise. He's like a young dude that can be like "seriously though... " and then just break something down with wisdom beyond his years. It's pretty awesome to spot.

ashinto - warrior. Don't know why. That's the first word that comes to mind. :/

GengarPwns - Gengar. I love this kid. Good Peoples.

Vanderbuilt_grad - Creative. To me, he's the Eminem of Pokemon. Just sick wit' it on the deckbuilding tip.

Smackattack - Smack-Tack. That's how my eyes kept interpreting the screenname. I think REDSHARK because I saw his name EVERYWHERE on Hamchi when I first got started on RedShark.

crobat - I think "Really?" Can't ever wrap my head around that screenname choice.

asterenploren - I probably spelled that wrong, but CREATIVE. I used to have so much fun testing rogues with him. Where is he now?

Austino - BOSS Senior. I think he's in masters now, but I made it a point to read his reports because dude was just a BOSS.

Jaeger - Consistant. Another name I click on when I want to read a "how it's done" tournament report.

I gotta go. But, I'll look around and document my reactions to screennames here :smile:

Last edited:
GengarPwns: -thinks of all the times that he beat the pulp out of me w/ gengar...-

i gotz morez!!!!!

cyrus: team galactic/cool silver hair

smackattack: getting a backhand

totoro: snorlax/miyazaki movies

SD pokemom: getting infractions....

Box of Fail: Shuppet Donk

Last edited:
Haha, I was about to post asking, but seems my sn's already there. :lol:

Rogue_Archetype: politics, but a nameless political issue.

Baby Mario: Britain

RyanVergel: Cows in Africa.

drrtybyl: sensitivity boosters

SDpokemom: :nonono:

The General - Some hardcore military dude

Alex2k - Typhlosion Swarm

kwisdumb - Kitchener/Waterloo (two cities attached in Southern Ontario)

nnaann - Rooby Doo

JPN Gallade - Card of the Day

Thr0neofLegends - Koo-kies

Alex2k: I think of some scrub :)
LOLZ: I think of Anthony Caspanello/Ft.Laud.Loud.Mounth
Eauxmar- I think best player on R
ProdigalFanboy- I think of a pro.

For some reason when I here Jwittz I think of someone that twitches alot........ >_> <_<. Just saying. Jwittz is AWSOME :D!!!!!!

Also with "Box of Fail" I think when I open the box I see: My career ending with me as a poor person on the streets, My social life torn to pieces, the essence of fail, and how it would make a horrible christmas present for someone lol XD. But I love the name :)

Last edited:
the_sniper = flariados (super fun deck!). Also..."about _________ (insert choice word) time my son won worlds" LOL
Squirtle = World Champ
prodigal_fanboy: Let him eat a sock!
NoPoke: Tallest English math wiz I know.
M45: WOOT CHAW! Best piglet wrangler
BDS: Should emcee EVERY Worlds, along w/ Schwimmer (no actors please this year).
eriknance, vandy_grad, ryanvergal (and many others): smart dudes with steller posts (usually ;)
bulbasnore: podcasts
super_ttar: When you going to cut that hair?

I'll post later on more names.

Keith

JWittz- Profit

Pooka- Very Kind Wisconsin guy who won U.S. nats 2009 with Luxape

Regis Neo- Card of the Day dude like I am

That's all I can think about for now.

True, but you have kept it...

I changed the clown avatar that the Pirate gave me (-shiver-)

And risk the wrath of the avatar pirate? I think not! You pushed it with yours, Mike. Fortunately, you kept it within the spirit of the title. :wink:

Most of the avatars I slap on people are quick MS Paint jobs. I actually had to go into Adobe Illustrator to craft that work of art. 'Mom wouldn't dare change that avatar. And she can't change the title. I have to do that for her, and I'm not willing to, because it's too darn funny. Especially the purple text.

Didn't we already do this once?

Every time I see my own screen name I know I'm the only one who understands it. :lol:

And risk the wrath of the avatar pirate? I think not! You pushed it with yours, Mike. Fortunately, you kept it within the spirit of the title. :wink:
I had to risk it.
That avatar still gives me nightmares.

Back