Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Zebstrika's Zap Zone Ability

vaporeon

I'm looking to play this new Pidgeot EX card and this card is going to be something to worry about since it counters the card pretty hard. Zebstrika's ability reads;

"Damage from the attacks of your [L] Pokemon isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's active Pokemon."

I want to know if I have something like Weakness Policy on Pidgeot EX or similar effect (There is an Aegislash/Altaria card that can turn off weakness), would Zap Zone ignore that ability/effect? While this is an effect on Pidgeot EX, I feel Zap Zone wouldn't work because these effects aren't technically affecting damage done by the [L] Pokemon.

Alternatively, if I had Magnetic Storm in play which reads "Each Pokemon in play has no Resistance", technically Ignoring the [F] requirement for the attack Crashing Bolt's +50 damage.

I'm looking to find tech to defend myself from this card that isn't using Garbodor.

Last edited:
This ruling is in the Compendium and would apply:

Q. If Genesect EX uses "G Booster" to attack a Pokemon with Grass Weakness but that Pokemon has a Weakness Policy Tool attached, is Weakness applied or not?
A. G Booster isn't affected by "any effects on the Defending Pokemon". Weakness is applied. (Feb 26, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Back