Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Zek/Eels top 16 FL states

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagrineth

Mostly posting this here for posterity and for my own personal reference later.

Pokemon (15):

4x Tynamo (1x 30HP 3x 40HP)
3x Eelektrik
2x Zapdos ND
2x Zekrom BW
2x Zekrom EX
2x Mewtwo EX

Trainers (30):

3x Collector
4x Sage's
2x Cheren
2x Juniper
3x N

4x Junk Arm
3x Catcher
3x Level Ball
2x Eviolite
1x Switch

3x SkyArrow Bridge

Energy (15):

4x DCE
11x Electric

100% Reverse or FA. Feels good man.

Went 6-2 in Swiss. Losses were to Terrakion/Landorus/stuff (would have won if I'd hit either a Junk Arm or one of two Catchers after Juniper'ing into a 12 card deck...) and to TyRam (draw and pass until turn 8? Yeah, right...).

Then lost to CMT in the Round of 16, close first game, donked before taking a turn t2, and got surprise-KO'd by Shaymin EX on what seemed like a surefire win for game t3.

My personal general strategy is to pick my attackers based on my opponent's pokemon. If I see lots of Fighting, I skip Zekroms and go M2/Zapdos, occasionally dropping Zek EX with an Eviolite (survives Retaliate unless they PlusPower, can oneshot anything Fighting type except Donphan). If it's a mirror I'll focus on normal Zek and Mewtwo more. Non-EX deck, Zek EX pulls double duty... etc. Minimal tech to get in the way of the one-two attacker combinations.

Having played Blaziken/ex heavily in times past, this style feels very fluid and natural to me. Very excited for Raikou and Rayquaza in the next two sets!

Feel free to dissect it.

I am sure it works great. Great job on top 16. Take my comments for what it is worth, someone who has create my own list by personal playtesting. (So I don't hold myself to conform to group think.)

1. I run 3 x 30 and 1 x 40 Tynamo's, 1 Cleffa. No Skyridge. (If you are committed to Skyridge, then definitely considering add Smeargle (over cleffa). I guess if you do run smeargle, then you need to have Super Rod to clean up your mistakes discarding. Again, I have been in the Cleffa camp. 3 spots for skyridge, seems not needed.

2. I Would prefer PONT over Cheren. I have 4 collectors and 10 other draw combo. My sage count keeps increasing.
3. I had only 7 attackers (1 Thunder, 3 Zek, 1 Zap, 1 Zek EX, 1 Mew EX) I try to focus on Zek's early, end or respond with the EX's.
4. You have no Plus Power. I run 1, wish I had two. Key to mirror.
5. I play Shaymin which gives many options. I also play pachi, but that would leave my list before shaymin.
6. I currently don't run switch, only match up I wish I had it for was Durant. (Shaymin is another out on eel stuck at active)
7. I am at 15 energy also. I feel comfortable at either 14 or 15.

Again, I think any list is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back