Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Zekrom and Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm sure that all of you are tired of seeing this deck floating around for the past few months, but I have a list that needs looking at. And yes, I understand that the Zoroark has no place in here, I just added it for its utility.

Pokemon

2 Zekrom BW
1 Zekrom EX ND
3-3 Eelektrik
2 Mewtwo EX ND
2-2 Zoroark BW
1 Cleffa
1 Tornadus EX DE

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

3 Junk Arm
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Cheren
3 Switch
2 Pluspower
3 Level Ball
2 N
1 Super Rod

Energy

9 Electric
3 Double Colorless

STRATEGY:
Get set up as early as possible and prepare Eels, Zekrom and Tornadus if necessary. Use the Eels to reattach discarded energy to power up Zekrom faster. Sweep. Win. GG.

Last edited:
- 1 Zekrom EX
- 2 Zoroark Lines
- 3 Cheren

+ 1 Junk Arm
+ 1 DCE
+ 1 Shaymin UL
+ 1 N
+ 3 Sage's Training

I can understand why the Zoroark but no need because you can't search for Zoroak and with out the Dark Energy you can't use Ascension to quickly search and Evolve.

Zekrom EX is a card I never really liked because of it's high energy cost and in most situations it's too big, slow and dumb to be of any service.

Cheren does make the deck faster but Sage's Training helps set up Junk arms and Dynamotors.

Ok, took out an energy. Thanks for the input, though I still would like to keep Zekrom EX.

-3 Cheren
-2-2 Zoroark

+1 DCE
+3 Sage
+1 N
+ 1 Junk Arm
+1 Shaymin

So, for the past few weeks I have been testing this list. I made some changes:

Pokemon

2 Zekrom
1 Zekrom EX
1 Tornadus EX
4-3 Eelektrik
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Thunderus

T/S/S

4 Juniper
4 PONT
3 N
2 Catcher
3 Dual Ball
2 Plus Power
3 Junk Arm
2 Switch
2 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Revive
1 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver
2 Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy

8 Electric
4 DCE

Personally, I think it looks a lot more solid, but let me know if there is any changes I should make.

Last edited:
Seems Relitavely sound now, ive found through personal experience that dual balls and ultra balls arent that great i would remove them and replace them with a standard card draw like prof oak/rival/rosannes research.

Thanks for the replies. I like to use Revive here, because I can instantly get back a Zekrom or something and after a few Dynamotors, it can attack again. I find it helpful late game when both of our decks are worn down and I can use it to get a surprize win. With Cather dominating the format, I feel it necessary to run a 4-3 line of Eels to ensure that I can set up. Unfortunately, this is not an unlimited deck, so I cannot add Roseanne's or anything like that. Too bad though, because I honestly miss that card :(

More eviolites? You have 8 powerful basics and only 2 eviolites. Id suggest a full playset if you have it, especially with all those terrakions floating around...

More eviolites? You have 8 powerful basics and only 2 eviolites. Id suggest a full playset if you have it, especially with all those terrakions floating around...
^ lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Anyway, to OP, why aren't you playing 2 Mewtwo EX? One is never enough in a Mewtwo war, should you run into it. I'd take out the Tornadus for Mewtwo EX, because Tornadus is quite a useless attacker in this format. 80 damage and needing 3 energy is terrible in my opinion; Tornadus EX outclasses it so much.

I would swap out one Ultra Ball for Smeargle. You already run Skyarrow bridge so Smeargle doubles as a free retreater and an "extra supporter" every turn. Id also take out the Revive for an additional Junk Arm

Well, I'm out of Junk Arm and I don't have any Smeargle so I can't do that. For the most part, my list can set up T2, but in nearly every game, I hit a drought when getting my bench out. What do you guys suggest? Currently, I'm experiementing with one Pokemon Communication in the list in place of one Catcher. It seems fine so far.

-1 Tornadus

+1 Mewtwo EX

Last edited:
What drought do you face? Energy drought? In that case you'll want to set up Thundurus first to draw out your energy. Your supporter lines are solid enough imo, but Smeargle really gives you a huge boost and I'd recommend you to get your hands on one.

Also I wouldn't play communication because you need a Pokemon in your hand for that to work. I actually like Level Ball or Ultra Ball alot more.

My deck has no shortage of pokemon, thats why I added communication. I am very against Level Ball just because it does not share the "variety" that Ultra Ball provides. With Ultra, I can search for anything, plus fuel my Dynamotors. By drought, I am referring to mainly energy. I almost always start with Thundurus, but I have found that the hardest part about running this deck is getting energy into the discard. If I can do that, then it is basically GG

ok here is what i do

Pokemon

2 Zekrom
1 Zekrom EX -1
1 Tornadus EX +1
4-3 Eelektrik +0 +1
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Thunderus
+1 shaymin (unleashed)
T/S/S

4 Juniper -1
4 PONT
3 N
2 Catcher +2
3 Dual Ball
2 Plus Power
3 Junk Arm (if you try to get one more)
2 Switch
2 Ultra Ball -2
2 Eviolite (debateing on more)
1 Pokemon Communication -1
1 Revive -1
1 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver +1
2 Sky Arrow Bridge -1

Energy

8 Electric
4 DCE

options:
try to tech in 3 lv balls to get your eels out quicker
1 Raikou ex
hope this help

My deck has no shortage of pokemon, thats why I added communication. I am very against Level Ball just because it does not share the "variety" that Ultra Ball provides. With Ultra, I can search for anything, plus fuel my Dynamotors. By drought, I am referring to mainly energy. I almost always start with Thundurus, but I have found that the hardest part about running this deck is getting energy into the discard. If I can do that, then it is basically GG

I would say that your list is good enough in terms of getting energy into the discard. Thundurus is usually the #1 option to draw out energy and discard. The next few would be Juniper, Sages Training (not recommended due to horrible drawing power), and Ultra Ball. Try upping either one of these or simply add in one more Lightning energy :)

okay so you wouldnt run 4 eviolites but you might want to run 3 if your running 8 basic attackers (especially Tornadus EX). Id say that suggestion is very undeserving of a pointless LOL spree.

@ Pokemonrocks777 I like your list 2, but I really dont agree with taking out skyarrow and zekrom EX. Both are must haves for zeekeels in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back