3 Professor Juniper
3 Seeker
2 PONT
2 Switch

Energy (16)
14 Lightning
2 Rescue Energy

Strategy:
Basic ZPS strategy, except you can give the energy to Zekrom or Tornadus.
If you can get set up un T1 Witout needing a Supporter, then you can play Seeker for the probable Donk.
Otherwise, you get the KO and are already up 1 Prize.

I will try to playtest matchups ASAP. I'll post them when I do.

P.S. I need most of the cards for this deck, so feel free to PM me if you have any and I will check your thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
more collector less dual ball. like 3/3. collector gets you what you need guarranteed. Dual ball allows for a draw supporter, but will fail when you need it most. would also cut like 2 nrg and 1 junk arm for 3x catcher.tornadorus is def better than yanmega. play three and free another spot to run a fourth catcher. noticed there were no interviewer's questions. Don't know what to cut , but if you can find a spot for 1, it will win you games.

more collector less dual ball. like 3/3. collector gets you what you need guarranteed. Dual ball allows for a draw supporter, but will fail when you need it most. would also cut like 2 nrg and 1 junk arm for 3x catcher.tornadorus is def better than yanmega. play three and free another spot to run a fourth catcher. noticed there were no interviewer's questions. Don't know what to cut , but if you can find a spot for 1, it will win you games.

You have that kind of luck with Dual Ball too, don't ya?

You run yanmega prime, but you run PONT and juniper instead of another judge and copycat?

-2 PONT
-2 Juniper
-4 dual ball

+1 Judge
+2 Collector
+1 extra space
+ 4 Copycat

^Nooooo PONT and Juniper are fine hand match cards with the 3 Judge in there. Copycat is an absolutely horrible card in this format. Decks without 4-3 or 4-4 Yanmega should not run it. In most Yanmega-focused decks anything over 2 is overkill.

If this is going for the donk, try dropping the Rescue for 2 basic Darkness and using 1 Unown Dark because you can collector for it then get an energy.

Thanks Everyone!

try playing tournadorus instead of yanmega works better 2 shots donphan

Yes, it does: However, it does 80 damage for 3 Enrgy. With Yanmega & Judge, you can do 70 Damage (3 turns) for no energy. So it can attack T2 for no energy, which means I have energy to attach to Zekrom.
Also, this list is pre-Emerging Powers, so Tornadus wouldn't be on here now anyways.

-1 judge
-1 lightning energy

+1 energy search
+1 pokemon collector

Thanks! I'll take out 1 Lightning Energy for an energy search, but because of the 4 Dual Ball i'm fine with only 2 Collector.

Thanks! I like 4 Dual Ball and 2 Collector so that (like you said) on T1 I can play Dual Ball to get basics, then PONT or Juniper for a new hand, or play a Seeker for the Donk. Next, this deck is pre- Emerging Powers, but when the set actually comes out I will add Catcher. As I told JoshA11, I prefer Yanmega because of the low (no) energy cost, and the fact that Tornadus wouldn't be on here cause it isn't out yet. As for interviewer's, I thought about it because I run energy search already, and with energy search you can get it again with Junk Arm and reuse it.

You run yanmega prime, but you run PONT and juniper instead of another judge and copycat?

-2 PONT
-2 Juniper
-4 dual ball

+1 Judge
+2 Collector
+1 extra space
+ 4 Copycat

As untitled said, this deck is not Yanmega-based, Yanmega is simply a tech. I don't want to run 4Judge because it gives me only 4 cards, whereas PONT and Juniper give me 6 or 7. That pretty much goes for Copycat, too. And collector: I like this being a more trainer-oriented deck, so that on T1 I can use Dual Ball instead of Collector so that I can Seeker T1 for the Donk.

^Nooooo PONT and Juniper are fine hand match cards with the 3 Judge in there. Copycat is an absolutely horrible card in this format. Decks without 4-3 or 4-4 Yanmega should not run it. In most Yanmega-focused decks anything over 2 is overkill.

If this is going for the donk, try dropping the Rescue for 2 basic Darkness and using 1 Unown Dark because you can collector for it then get an energy.

I don't really want to run unown, because I run Energy Search already, and i fel like it gives the same effect. Also, with the # of energy/energy search I have, there is about a 1 out of four chance that a card I draw wil be one of the two, so I have enough energy already.

Thanks Everyone!

Pokemon (12)
4 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
2 Tornadus
2 manaphy

T/S/S (34)
3 Plus Power
3 Defender
4 Dual Ball
3 Junk Arm
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Switch
3 Energy Search
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Juniper
2 Seeker
4 PONT
4 Pokemon Catcher

Energy (13)
11 Lightning
2 Double Colorless

This is what i will use to win
3-3 shaymin pachi is a waste of space.

Updated: Added Zoroark.
Also, I want to add in 1 more energy search, 1 more collector, and 2 Special Dark Energy. What should I take out(or should I)??

Don't run zoroark your all ready weak to phan why make it worse, also ur tsst lines need work for consistency issues
Posted with Mobile style...

This is what I would do for a T1 Donk Deck:

Pokemon (12):
4 Zekrom
2 Tornadus
2 Shaymin
2 Pachirisu

Trainers (33):
4 Dual Ball
4 Junk Arm
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Pluspower
2 Seeker
2 PONT
2 Juniper
1 Revive
2 PokeGear 3.0
4 Catcher
2 Max Potion
3 Defender

Energy (15)
11 Electric
4 Double Colorless

I have never tested, so the energy count is probably off.

Last edited:
Cut Dual Ball, Energy Search here, and Bianca or PONT. Max out Juniper and add in some Pokegear 3.0 and Defender, as well as making it 4 Collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back