2 Copycat
2 energy retrieval
4 pluspowers
2 revive
3 switch
3 seeker
1 flower shop lady

STRATEGY:

Start with either Zekrom or Yanma. If you start with Yanma, search out Zekrom and retreat for free. Use all of the resources to search out 3 energy, 1 pachi and 1 shaymin. Then attach 1 energy to zekrom, bench pachi, use his power to attach 2 electric energy to him, and finally use shaymin to switch the energy over. Yanmega Prime to stall out donphan Prime.

How does this look?

Last edited:
I'm not sure you need 4 com's seeing that you only have 2 pokemon that arent basics they should be easy enough to get through your dual balls and collectors. But it seems pretty solid just looking at it

I actually agree with bosoxfan the more I think about the deck; Zekrom is all about keeping your opponent on the back foot; sure another Donphan could just KO back, but that's assuming he HAS anything. If Zekrom is going to work it has to be pulling out fast KOs _all the time_.

Lanturn > Yanmega as a Donphan tech. Underwater Dive to turn into water type and 1HKO Donphan.

You clearly have not thought this past 1 turn....

You use lanturn to KO donphan
I repond KO on lanturn with 1 energy and donphan
You draw pass as you dont have 3 energy on the next lanturn....

OOPS,

Jimmy

i agree with the yanmega line, but i would make it 2-2 or 1-1. your main focus of the deck needs to be getting zekrom attacking turn 1 or 2 at the absolute latest. you can cut collector down to 3 and be fine. i wouldn't run SSU unless you're going to play 4, so add another one of those. the fourth scoop will also help eliminate bad pachirisu/shaymin starts and potentially get them back into your hand for the ftko. good luck with the deck.

You clearly have not thought this past 1 turn....

You use lanturn to KO donphan
I repond KO on lanturn with 1 energy and donphan
You draw pass as you dont have 3 energy on the next lanturn....

OOPS,

Jimmy

Oh wait. I have an idea. How about you power up Lanturn the same way you power up Zekrom?

You know the, attach energy, play Pachirisu, attach two more energy, move with Shaymin (or maybe even, gasp, energy switch).

It is not going to be hard to power up a Lanturn the next turn.

Lanturn is a better tech because it is the same type. It does not require extra cards to make it work. Yanmega is going to need at least four of Judge/Copycat to get off its attacks.

Oh wait. I have an idea. How about you power up Lanturn the same way you power up Zekrom?

You know the, attach energy, play Pachirisu, attach two more energy, move with Shaymin (or maybe even, gasp, energy switch).

Lanturn is a better tech because it is the same type. It does not require extra cards to make it work. Yanmega is going to need at least four of Judge/Copycat to get off its attacks.

So now you have 2 more bench spots filled. I am now down 2 donphan. I dont need a huge combo to respond yet another KO. How many times do you think you can pull that combo off in a game?

I know I can get 4-6 donphans attacking in 1 game without much effort.

Jimmy

You're trying to argue in favor of Lanturn. When simply, although you may definitely take a prize, Donphan will always have the return KO, and with much more relative ease.

Lanturn is not a Donphan counter, period.

Are the Energy Search supposed to be Energy Switch? If not, I don't see why you'd run 3 trainers to grab 1 energy when you could just run more energy instead.

I think you should max the SSUs and also find a way to run a few PlusPowers for mirror/anything else that has 130 HP (e.g. Reshiram).

You're trying to argue in favor of Lanturn. When simply, although you may definitely take a prize, Donphan will always have the return KO, and with much more relative ease.

Lanturn is not a Donphan counter, period.

Ok, so what the hell is Yanmega doing in this deck? How is he any better against Donphan?

Also, even if you find that Yanmega is a better tech against Donphan, how is he when your coming up against Emboar/Reshiram. How is he against against the mirror. The correct answer is terrible. Yeah, I bet you wish you had Lanturn instead of Yan-Mega POS. Lanturn easily makes the Donphan and Reshiram matchup wayyyy better.

Last edited:
Ok, so what the hell is Yanmega doing in this deck? How is he any better against Donphan?

Also, even if you find that Yanmega is a better tech against Donphan, how is he when your coming up against Emboar/Reshiram. How is he against against the mirror. The correct answer is terrible. Yeah, I bet you wish you had Lanturn instead of Yan-Mega POS. Lanturn easily makes the Donphan and Reshiram matchup wayyyy better.

uh lanturn gets ohko'd by reshiram too

Tech in a Kingdra Prime instead! If you just have the Kingdra out in 1 round before, or the Donphan is damaged at all, Kingdra will OHKO it!

Everyone arguing over lanturn or yanmega, I just decided to put it Kingdra prime. I won't get OHKOed by donphan and can help me OHKO reshiram.

PokemonPow: Good idea! I'll put in a 2-2-2 kingdra line to counter donphan prime and reshiram. Kingdra's power can help me OHKO reshiram with Zekrom.

butlerforhire: The energy search is for thinning my deck and hand, it can also be used repeatedly thanks to junk arm. I want to max the ssu. Do you see anything that can be taken out? Kingdra solves the pluspower problem.

TheFreshness: I cut the comms down to 3

Also, Should I take out the rescue energy and do I need 4 pokemon collector?

kingdra prime cannot OHKO reshiram due to its attack stating if they have any fire pokemon in play kingdra does 20 instead of 60.

I did not even come close to mentioning Yanmega was good as a Donphan counter. Calm down.

Also, Kingdra prime? Wow, lets toss in a stage 2 as an unnecessary tech in an entirely basic oriented deck. You guys are geniuses. Bravo.

kingdra prime cannot OHKO reshiram due to its attack stating if they have any fire pokemon in play kingdra does 20 instead of 60.

kingdra prime's power lets you put one damage counter on one of your opponents pokemon. Reshiram has 130 HP Zekroms Bolt Strike does 120, see a pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back