2 mary's request
3 tv repoter
2 super scoop up
2 warp point
2 strength charm

energy 17
12 lighting
5 fire

I'am trying to modify my old Zap-Turn-Dos into a ZRE but i don't know the exact cards used in it. Can someone help me with this list.

you dont need 4 super scoop up. you need like 2-3 but no more than that. you need like 2-3 more energy because of the magmar and tv. you can take out 1 battle frontier and also take out 1 pow and take out 1 rocket admin. You can also add in another electrode ex.

Interestingly enough, I find Magby in this deck to be highly effective. I run 4 TV Reporters with it and, if I get one soon enough, I can go ahead and discard 2 Energy's for use with Electrode ex. This combo works well because you don't have to run as many energy's in the deck, and you don't have to run as many Supporters (considering you get to double up on them). I run 4 Magby's in mine, along with 2-3 Magmar's. It works well because I usually get a really good start (considering I have 6-7 good Basic Pokemon to start with), and I nearly always have plenty of options from the first turn.

So yes, I would suggest Magby.

I don't really like Magmar in Zre, but without fossils what can you do????

Pokemon
Look good. I'd drop a Voltorb for a Rayquaza* or a Moltres Ex. They both have pros and cons personally I'd run Moltres Ex for the Scizor Ex matchup.

Trainers
I don't like Wally as much as PETM IMO you want magmar as your active b/c it has more hp than voltorb. So it can last probably the first 3 turns which is exactly when Quaza, should be ready.

why Wally?

i've used this for a while (super consistent):

ZRE 3.03
Pokemon (21)
4 Magmar
4 Voltorb
3 Electrode EX
3 Slugma
3 Magcargo
2 Zapdos EX
2 Rayquaza EX

Trainers (20)
4 Pow!
4 Tv reporter
4 Rocket’s Admin
4 Master ball
4 Battle frontier

Energy (19)
13 Lightning Energy
6 Fire energy

now i'm testing this:
ZRE 3.05
Pokemon (15)
4 Magmar
4 Voltorb
3 Electrode EX
2 Zapdos EX
2 Rayquaza EX

Trainers (27)
4 Pow!
4 Tv reporter
4 Rocket’s Admin
2 Copycat
4 Master ball
3 Battle frontier
3 Super scoop up
3 Warp point

Energy (18)
13 Lightning Energy
5 Fire energy

sometimes it works, sometimes it doestn't. Master ball were good with magcargo. Pheraps i'm gonna change them with dual ball. (and a 4th electrode EX)

Last edited:
I love warp point in ZRE, it really comes in handy since there are no fossils. It's nice to combo with rayex and to hit their bench and stuff. If you have a pow, it can become a switch, too. Just an overall nice, disruptive card that fits right in.

I think 4 electrode ex is WAY overkill. You really only need to blow up once, normally, maximum twice and that's pushing it. 4 electrode won't help too much at all.

I'm still trying to find a way for a nice blend of super scoop up and warp point. I think thinning down the electrode is the trick.

ZRE is one of those decks that you can really play with to find your own style. You can play with cargo, cargoless, warps of none, ray* or none, moltres tech or none, the trainer and energy and pokemon lines are all flexible, it's a nice deck indeed.

i'm thinking about a 4th electrode just when i don't have magcargo, sometime you need an early explosion and you cant' simply draw into it fast enought!

P.S. i agree with you ryanvergel, it's really upon personal style. I played it a lot with Super Scoop up and now i'm playing without any form of filppy card!

i find the above list incredibly consistente in set up but lacking that lategame power that a free warp point could give.

also i've benn told the pappanese player didn't use Stadium.

i have 3 BF and every time my opponents play desert ruins it's a 50-50 loss.....

Also 3-2-3 pidgeot hurt this deck a lot.
especially if they have some sort of energy acceleration!

It's a great deck! ery fun to play!!! i love it!

Can't see time for Mew EX to be here and for claw fossil!

Last edited:
David's Confused Pokedad said:
How close to Go's deck is this one?

which one?

remember world's decks were r-s on so pheraps they had claw fossils and dual balls in them!

P.S. Flammingspinach kindly gave me hi ZRE list HL-on.
do someone know go's exact list RS-EM used at worlds?

Last edited:
How close to Go's deck is this one?

Go's had magcargo, used dual ball, used poke ball, he used stevens...
i'm trying to recall from memory
used claw fossils(to combo with rayquaza)

i think it even used reversals, but i dont really remember. the stuff above i was sure of. no ray* iirc

it was a while back and my memory is terrible. i should have written down the list, since yamato was randomly interjecting numbers of cards to the crowd who stood close to him

Venusaur: i read he ran no stadiums.
How did it performed against your 4 desert ruins?

P.s. i want a nidoqueen signed by you! Hope we will trade soon so i can send U an italian nidoqueen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
mumble mumble....

seems i'll have to test that strange stadiumless version more!!!

P.S. Thanks a lot for nidoqueen!!!
But i don't want to abuse you kindness! i don't think you have a lot of nidoqueen to give away to anyone asking! or pheraps you have (you must some kind of super-star :eek:) ?!?!?!?
If we'll trade in the future (hope so) u can send one 'queen to me for sure (i'll sign a drk Ttar that i used in italian-national where i went second if you like :D )!!!

you seemsù to be a great guy (beside a great player!!!!!)

Last edited:
Before Worlds My son ran a Monarchy deck that had four of his seven Nidokings in it but only had two Nidoqueens. Several people promised him the next time they played they would get him more nidoqueens. Then you guys go and make one of the best decks ever to play at worlds and Nidoqueen is suddenly unavaileble to him. I'll try to find some by city's but not sure if Monarchy is the best deck for him to play. Your thoughts on Monarchy and did the nidoqueen deck start out as a monarchy before all the deck testing?

People! Use 4 mary's Request! 3 Lennete's Net Search! 4 Pow! 2-2 macargo line! 3 Zap and 2 quaza works fine. four admin., four master balls (mabey, not sure yet) 4 scoop up, three reversals and 8 lightning or so and 6-7 fire. mabey change a Zap for a moltres. That's my setup

Before Worlds My son ran a Monarchy deck that had four of his seven Nidokings in it but only had two Nidoqueens. Several people promised him the next time they played they would get him more nidoqueens. Then you guys go and make one of the best decks ever to play at worlds and Nidoqueen is suddenly unavaileble to him. I'll try to find some by city's but not sure if Monarchy is the best deck for him to play. Your thoughts on Monarchy and did the nidoqueen deck start out as a monarchy before all the deck testing?

Age division is EXTREMELY important in guaging what deck to use. complication of decks, along with the metagame in younger divisions are key factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back