Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-6-16 Chatot - MD 055/100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatot is a 60 hp basic pokemon. It's bottom stats are +20 to lightning and -20 to fighting with no retreat cost. Just looking at these stats make it an ok pokemon. With a free retreat you can bring it up in a wp or when your active get's ko'ed to retreat later on. Now looking at it's first attack Mimic it lets you shuffle your hand in to your deck and draw the number of cards your opponet has. This can be good or bad depending on what your starting hand is. Though most hand size is small compared to last season but it can still help out in a bind where your hand is crap and you need to refresh it. It's second attack Chatter for CC is ok 20 and your opponets pokemon can not retreat. It's a good pokemon to lock in a starter that could retreat to bring up something bad when your not ready to face there threat yet. I think this card is slightly over hyped though.
I think this card deserves a 8/10 for i don't think this card can be played in every deck but it can be played in most decks. After all it dose have free retreat with a free attack cost which helps you save an energy attachment to this pokemon and it could help out later game if you or your opponent plays wp.
So that's a 8/10 for me.

Great Card.
Not staple, but a nice starter/tech and can save your butt if you start off with a ridiculously bad hand.
9/10

Decent HP, 60 isn't too bad. the :lightning +20 weakness will get anoying against Pachi, but thee aren't many (frequently used) electric Pokemon that wouldn't KO it in one hit without the weakness. :fighting: Resistance won't be that usefull (there's only Gallade, and you an draw the prize you fliped there). I'd say a Chattot would last about 3 turns average.
But here we are, the best part: Mimic. It's an energyless Copycat. Nw that alone is usefull, but whynot run an extra few Copycats? Well...
Chatter (for :colorless:colorless) will be the most anoying attack since the Gust-of-wind Pidgiot (or maybe that wasn't the attack, but you older players will know the card). 20 damage and no retreat is the best against something that can't do much damage. Like if your opponent gets stuck with using a Baby Pokemon :)lol:), or if they run an opener like Claydol (they'd have 2 problems; most decks don't bother with adding the :fighting: energy for Claydol, and it'll only do 20 damage a turn when it gets going! :lol:).
Need more convinceing? Free retreat, so you don't need to use energy at all! :thumb:

I give this a 9/10.

I am amazed at how over rated this card is. 10/10?!

First Attack: Can you control the number of cards in your opponent's hand? And unlike first turn Pokemon that let me search my deck for specific cards, I'm relying luck to improve my hand. This is not the kind of control I desire.

Second Attack: Why would I spend 2 energy on a basic Pokemon that can't evolve and that can only do 20 damage. This seems rather inefficient to me.

0 retreat cost. This is good. But it is certainly not the only Pokemon with that trait.

60HP for a basic is quite average. +20 weakness to electric is high for a basic. On the other hand -20 resistance to fighting is pretty good.

I'll be at Origins in just a few short days... I bet I won't see Chatot Decks dominating the environment. Just a guess.

This card is awesome. It got me out of so many bad starts it isn't even funny. It back-hands the bad start away. And the free retreat is good also. It also makes a gallade potentially flip 2 prizes.

9.5/10

Pobody is Nerfect

In emergancies, this card could be useful. And it could be good for new trainers who dont have a lot of
powerful effect cards. The retreat/resistance/energyless attack is nice for the start of the game....

HOWEVER

Draw affects are best left for supporters and PokePowers. I could see the use in this card if you
DON'T OWN a claydol or enough of the good draw supporters, but this is a waste of an attack. The only
set up attacks I would do are things that: Search for specific cards that I need, or Search AND ATTACH
energy cards. There are plenty of draw cards out there, use them for setup, and invest your attacks in
Damage, Special Conditions, and Useful special affects.

55/100 (And you won't see it in MY deck! :p )

-Jason
:)dark::Colorless20)

9/10 as a 1 card tech that support so many decks.

I would hesitate to call it the "best starter", but there are worst.
It just stablizes so many builds. 1 Chatot in many decks makes allot of sense. Some people don't understand how important free retreat is.

Pros:
1. Zero NRG attack to reset your hand.
2. Free Retreat - Build behind the chatot.
3. Free Retreat - Your Warp Point - Get at there bench, and have a free retreat pokemon.
4. Free Reteat - Opp Warp Point - Can sacrifice this, because you have zero nrg invested in this, and if they don't KO it, you can retreat it.
5. Free Retreat - After your Opp KO your active - So many times you push up a free retreater active after a KO to see what your hand will emerge to after playing your draw. Free Retreat gives you options.
Cons:
Not Many, you won't read many tournament reports saying I started with a Lone Chatot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back