Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-8-30 Dragonite - LA 002/146

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this dragonite is that it's too random. It Draco Meteor was more like "Choose 3 pokemon your opponent has in play and do 50 damage to each of them" I'd like it much better.

The only plus side this dragonite has is that unlike most dragon pokemon in the format it doesn't need 2 different types of basic energy to to use its attacks.

I give is a 5/10
~Cyber~

I could think of more than a few Stage2s that would use 3-4 Energy more effectively.

2/10

The Retreat Cost is gross. The artwork is cool. The HP is great. The attacks are awful. It only gets those 2 points for being Dragonite and have decent artwork.

/negativity

3/10
Prolly the worst stage 2 of the set.
Without Boost, you can't do much with this guy, and since when have coin flips really been a good thing.
It's just not very good.

5/10, quite good with any spread deck and togekiss (still only a so-so combo)

but it has good potential.

IT DOES LACK A POWER/BODY THOUGH

you really don't know what you're talking about.

i mean seriouusly, it's soooo flippy.

That's not very nice. @_@
Flippy is usually a bad thing, but this card has 140hp and a good line of pre-evolution to use while you are building it up. I think about pairing this card with togekiss and Garchomp lvlX and who cares if it's flippy? If you had a card that said, "Flip a coin, if heads you win" would you not play it because it was flippy? Granted it's not quite that good, but on average, this card will to 100 damage to every one of your opponents pokemon in 4 turns, which with it's high HP, isn't a strech for how long it would last.

*Is too discusted by the lack of spirit of the game to even leave a rating*

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

After looking in the Gallery, I understand what you guys are getting at. As of Modified, there will be ABSOLUTELY NO Energy cards that provide more then 1 Energy. No DRE, no Scramble, no Boost, not even DCE. The only thing there will be that can provide more than 1 Energy is Sceptile's Wild Growth, and that's only for {G} Energy and {G} Pokémon. When you're right, you're right. In mine and Carrington's Cac sets, we got DRE's for specific ownernames without the damage drawback and in fact, upsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back