Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-8-30 Dragonite - LA 002/146

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10 for fun

Flip for claydol(tails) flip for chatot(tails) flip for (insert man attack of deck name here) tails.......................

for real play 5/10.

Third!

Rats i was so close!

This card card, with its high cose to attack and flippy attacks make it a bad deck theme.

It can be for a fun league deck, just to see what your opponets face is when his benched claydol dies, or nealy dies.

4-5/10 Competitive 8-9/10 Fun

I like it more often then not.

with a rigged dice 9/10

without a rigged dice 9-x/10 with X being the number of flips you miss per dragonite >.>

Dragonite could be a fun card to base a deck around. 140 HP is great for a Stage 2, +30 Weakness to Colorless shouldn't be too bad unless Blissey gets popular again, -20 Resistance to Fighting is always useful, and 3 Energy to Retreat is bad, but expected for a Stage 2. Hyper Beam is meh at 3 Energy for 40 damage, even if you get a chance to discard an energy attached to the defending. Draco Meteor is what makes Dragonite worth a look at; for 4 Energy, you can flip a coin for each of your opponent's Pokemon, and if you get Heads, it's an auto 50 damage to it. Great sniping, but many people will hate it for its flippy nature, which does detract from it overall. Shame Boost or DRE still isn't around, this card would be so much more fun to use then.

Modified - 5/10 (Too flippy for a tournament, but could be fun to use at League)
Limited - 7.5/10 (If you ever get one out and powered up, it could be good to use)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Gets killed by ER and SER, but you also have Double Colorless to use here too)

If Hyper Beam and Draco Meteor costed 1 Energy less, I'd give it a +3. However, 4 Energy for a very flippy attack... is a major failure. *Sigh* I wish PUI made Dragonite better.

5/10

Dragonite in the right hands and setup deck is just asking to be a King of Dragons!

Modified to me is a 7/10

Played with Chomp LvX and TS-2, this is such a nice combo for Spread! Draggy with Bronzong is also nice in the damage spread situaiton... though there are more consistent ways of doing it, the lucky Heads of 75% will turn a game around!

Don't overlook this card, it will be difficult to gauge when you see it on just how lucky they will be!

Fish

I give it 8/10 becuse of the flip, if the flip wasn't there and you could choose two pokemon instead, the card would be broken.

Garchomp lvl.x - dragon pulse - restore dragonite - next turn retreat, attach and flip that coin for ko's.

Dragonite has an impressive 140 HP for a stage three and Draco Meteor is just plain brutal to basic pokemon on the bench. You better watch out Claydol! Too bad it's flippy but if your opponent's bench is full, you're bound to at least get one heads...hopefully.

7/10 Modified

Play with Garchomp and Gallade. This card is actually alot better than others give it credit for, and it is depressing to see that.

In an HP-LA Box Tourney i went 5-0 with Gallade/Dragonite and won a box.

Nuff said, great card.

7.5/10

pros: its weakness and resistence are quality. the hit points are very good. if you flip several heads, the second attack has the capacity to destroy an entire bench of basics, and could do some big hurt in a spread deck.

cons: expensive, flippy attacks & high retreat cost.

modified i give it 6/10. i want to like this card more, but i roll (flip) tails more often than i'd care to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back