Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Greatest Mirror Ever Played - The Champ who should have been Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jolteon* is an idea that came from none other than Chris Fulop. (Most weird tech ideas stem from him.) I had been playing Jolteon for months. I also ran it all last year in the last format with Banette ex.

It's not that important but just in reply to what someone else said earlier about elite players/techs, in GG Jolteon * is just a searchable pluspower (which doesn't work when you were locked the previous turn). The self 10 dmg is a disadvantage. Whereas in Banette ex, and Gyarados variants the self dmg is usually benefitial. By no means is this post saying the Jolteon was a bad GG tech

Very true about that Jolteon* but when you have the knowledge to know when to drop it. To Lake
Boundry first and see a wide open Gallade on the other side...with a 60 X2 capable Gardy!!(Most
have a DRE attached, right?) Lady luck is on your side!! (or you are just an ELITE player!!)

Jolteon* was mainly for the Lake Boundary/Gardevoir KO on a Gallade. Yamato ran the Muk also. It was just never popular in Iowa. No I take that back our League Leader used it in his professor deck. I found out how good it was Friday night before worlds, but I just could not see droping Dusknoir for an untested tech. In hind sight the Muk would have been a better call for me. Didn't use Dusknoir once.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Dang StoneCold beat me to the Jolteon* explanation.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me LOL. Oh that's right. You are a fan of Tom Roos. The guy that used the Italians
deck to win World's.
Please, don't use sarcasm with me. I am making a legitimate statement and have explained many
times why they deserve that honor.
If you have nothing positive to add then you should add nothing!:nonono:

I am not a "fan" of Tom Roos. He is on my team and a friend. Why do you think I'm a fan of him?
Tom Roos did not win with the Italians' deck (whatever that was) he used Absolutions, a commonly known deck.

Also, I did add Muk To G&G a long time ago.

Greath job at placing 3# at worlds 2008! I look forward to see you at San Diego next year!

Last edited:
It's explanations provided by Ness on how techs like Muk/Jolteon * works in decks that make me read threads like this. Keep up the good work and congrats to both Gino and Ness (I hope you keep posting as they are very insightful to me and my kids).

Gino is a sour grapes sore loser and a bad sport. Worst of all he's a liar.

I had a good deal of respect for Gino after his Nats/Worlds back-to-back but disparaging Jason and the judging staff like that undoes all the goodwill he's gained. I actually went to bat for you Gino at worlds when people were talking smack behind your back. I feel stupid now for doing so.

Grow up, man.

Last edited:
Whatever moss weren't you the dude who hollerd "He took the Bait!" or was I dreaming since I was watching the juniors more than masters

Good Job at USA Nats and Good Job at 3rd at Worlds

But dude, Bashing the Judges and Ness.... Really isn't making you win any Popularty Contest

Dude...good job at USA Nats and 3rd at World's.

But Dude, stating your opinion and sharing your feelings isn't
gonna win you any Popular(i)ty Contest...especially with the judges.

BTW...Good luck in the NEW 08/09 season!!

ps. Since you are getting a FREE ride to World's 09
in gorgeousSan Diego, Cali. Call me for a
tour...We were there last time!!

GJ on 3rd.Even though you was not the champ.but you did an awesome play at worlds.hope 2 see u next year.have fun with the new season now!

Here is another teaching moment.

EXAMPLE OF BAD POST:
Dude...good job at USA Nats and 3rd at World's.

But Dude, stating your opinion and sharing your feelings isn't
gonna win you any Popular(i)ty Contest...especially with the judges.

BTW...Good luck in the NEW 08/09 season!!

ps. Since you are getting a FREE ride to World's 09
in gorgeousSan Diego, Cali. Call me for a
tour...We were there last time!!

You substituted words that another member wrote and tried to change them around to mock them, and furthered this insult by correcting the member's spelling while butchering your own grammar. Not only is this hypocritical, but it's absolutely ignorant. The Ghost never said Gino wasn't sharing his feelings or opinions, in fact, I bet The Ghost would agree. The Ghost simply said what those feelings were- bashing of people. So you misquote The Ghost, to come off as arrogant when correcting his English while butchering your own, only to change his quote into a much more vague and broad one that doesn't actually make a different claim, just an extremely vague one. Wow.

So before you try to make a post mocking someone like this you should check your own post. You look like an absolutely hypocrite for correcting spelling, and you look ridiculous by substituting the words in such a mocking manner when you didn't say anything differently or positively- you can share your feelings and opinions and still be bashing people, which is precisely what Gino did.

Technically you didn't say anything against the rules, but the obvious tone and intent to mock makes this post bad. Besides the "ps" the entire post was intended to mock another member, making the majority of the post pure spam. The only reason I'm leaving this post here is to serve as an example on what to NOT do when trying to make a point.

StoneCold, maybe next time you could at least mock better?

Dear Mr. Vergel,

Sounds like the only one "mocking", "butchering", "ridiculing",
"insulting", "spamming", and basically attempting to share his
sudo-intellectual, Dr. Phil-esque philosophy is you.
My Ryan, you are yet another member of the Thought Police!
No one can state their "o p i n i o n" without someone else "reading"
into things.

Your post is off base and off "t o p i c".

Next time you want to correct my gramm(e)r, my opinion, or my
congratulatory comments be courteous enough to take it off
the thread.

Thank you for using me as your philosophy class topic of the week.

See you soon,
StoneCold.
ps. Go Noles!!OoooOoooOoooOooo

Dear Mr. Vergel,

Sounds like the only one "mocking", "butchering", "ridiculing",
"insulting", "spamming", and basically attempting to share his
sudo-intellectual, Dr. Phil-esque philosophy is you.
My Ryan, you are yet another member of the Thought Police!
No one can state their "o p i n i o n" without someone else "reading"
into things.

Your post is off base and off "t o p i c".

Next time you want to correct my gramm(e)r, my opinion, or my
congratulatory comments be courteous enough to take it off
the thread.

Thank you for using me as your philosophy class topic of the week.

See you soon,
StoneCold.
ps. Go Noles!!OoooOoooOoooOooo

Go Noles!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Alright guys way to hit each other where it hurts -spelling. Nothing hurts worse than when another guy corrects your spelling. I'm no mod or "teacher" but I'm pretty sure the the last few posts were off topic.

A dead topic anyway. Lock

Thanks 'pop - Meganium45

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back