Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Greatest Mirror Ever Played - The Champ who should have been Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoLombardi21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoLE8FmooIM
- "Did you realize that you were a championnn"

Now before you read this report and go any further I just want to say that in pokemon the judges have way to much power and authority. They can make the right calls and make em by the book and those are the praised judges. Im not saying all make right calls because some dont choose to make the right calls but some do. The judges that play by the book and make the right calls I just want you to know you deserve so much props. For the judges who are fake, that play favorites with players, and try to mess up a player because of self right-righteousness between them and that player, lets just say I hope yall get your licenses suspended and get some serious retribution.

I find it ironic how there's a post on worlds judges questionable conduct but yet theres nothing on what happend in top four on me vs jason. Im going to tell you what they didnt want you to hear. FYI im not hating on jason, I think its boss the dude won worlds twice. Im hating on the judges who judged my game in top 4 right now. Gino a hater? Not really just upset because I should have been world champ and the judges rulings prevented the champ from being champ.

Sunday Morning:
I invite people to my room saturday night to sunday morning at 2-6am. I crash about 6 in the morning and wake up to a friend Tyler Jones banging on my hotel room door screaming "Gino wake up your gonna get disqualified!" Apparently its 9 in the morning and I was still sleeping. I open the door and ask him how much time I have to shower and get ready. He says if you dont get their in 2 minutes your gonna get DQ'ed. I scream "What!" and suddenly my eyes popped open. I throw on my sneakers and im in a tshirt and shorts and I grab my cap. I run down stairs rushing to the play area with my deck sitting on the table with just 1 minute left before I would have been disqualified. Good save tyler! I've been sick for almost a week but I felt horrible going into the Top 32 my throat was really soar. PS: Darrel, Brian, and Eric were sleeping before I jetted out of my hotel room and they must have been madd beat because they forget to wake me up.

Top 32 - Evans Cheung (AmpZong)[NO]

G1 & G2: I havent ate anything or drank anything. My stomach feels like im going to vomit, I keep swallowing saliva, I feel gross because I havent brushed my teeth or showered. Im basicially wearing pajamas in a dead sleep playing in the world championships and my brain is still sleeping but somehow I play ridiculously fast and beat this kid in 30 minutes BOTH GAMES!

Top 16 - Matthew Koo (Plox)[CA]

Pregame: I went upstairs to my hotel because I had 40 minutes to play with which I then showered, brushed my teeth, freshened up, got into some clean clothes, put on the american bandana, grabbed my dice, and puked before my top 16 match. I then brushed my teeth of course! Like I said I've been sick for almost a week before arriving in worlds. I wouldnt miss this worlds oppertunity for nothing because it payed off. I then grab something to eat to settle my stomach and get my gameface on.

G1: I get a gardy setup, I wait for jirachi ex, I get muk out with lake boundary and start ohkoing his setup. He cant respond to well so I run through his deck with OHKO's.
G2: I get a really slow setup and I have 1 prize left and he has 3. Before I had 1 prize left I koed a jirachi ex but I used a plus power on him and flipped 2 prizes with gallade. Forgetting that even tho with the plus power I would only have to flip 1 prize with gallade Im drawing two of those prizes anyway and that plus power it turns out I would need to win. He brings up gardy lv.x and ohkoes me with boundary. I have ralts + Plus Power x2 weakness = 80 damage = GG but I misplayed so I lose.
G3: Its similiar to game one but he wins almost all the wagers to stay alive and fights back but I win 1-3 on time and I would have won imo if it had continued.

Top 8 - Takae Suzuki (BanBliss)[JP]

G1: Going into this game I know I have to play smart and wisely with my pachirisu and counter stadiums. I make sure I power up a gallade manually. I countered her stadium when I had to strike with dre. She played well but I made sure I could outplay the deck and all of my options were going according to plan. Although I couldn't muk her because of holon WP which was annoying imo but my side strategy worked with gallade, pachy, claydoll, and bring down which were enough options to win me this game.
G2: She rushed me this game and I had to hit a counter stadium to actually beat the deck this one turn. It was a huge risk becuz I had gallade active with one energy. If I could rip the stadium and gallade + P + Dre I'd be set even if she beached me next turn. I didnt want to retreat with two energys on gallade. I claydolled for 4 and drew 4 cards with stevens advice and counter stadiumed her crystal beach and made a repeat of how I won game one except this game I dre'd early and manually powered up with Psychic and Call energy late game. Good games though.

"Everybody who saw this game called it the greatest mirror matches ever played by any player, As a player in the match the series was nothing but epic, I wouldnt have traded these games for anything, everything was back to back, their were highs and lows, top decks left and right, risks and payoffs and unbelieable moves made back and fourth."

Top 4 - Jason Klaczynski (Plox)[US]
G1: This game couldnt have went better for me. I got muk out and 3 gardevoirs t4. I had gardy t2 with dre. He put up a fight and actually drew 3 prizes but when I have 3 gardevoir with dre + Call on each of them and muk out I dont think anyone can win.
G2: I start with jirachi and he starts with jirachis. Hes first and he does call energy. I whiff on the P energy. I roseannes for 2. He attaches and locks me in. I struggle throughout the game but I dont scoop I actually draw 3-4 prizes this game with some top decks but his setup was like mines in game 1 it crushed me.

G3: The game I had but lost. This game was so intense. He ripped T2 Gardy and did claydoll for like 3-4 cards and like drew 4-5 cards with stevens advice and whiffed on DRE. I then decided to jirachi ex him which crippled him soo bad. Not to mention for 2-3 more turns I used claydoll and gardevoir. I get setup and take a close lead but with options and muk on my bench for when he scrambles im set. He uses gallade wit scrambles and hes a top decking god machine right now ripping everything he needs to pull off a huge comeback from a t2 whiff. I remember it being like 2-3 on prizes with me having 2 and I ko his active gallade with my gardevoir and its 1-3 on prizes. My gardevoir has damage on it. He then brings up gardy with 4 damage on it and koes my gardy with scramble. I have gallade with 1 energy on it benched. I dont have dre in my hand and I've only used 1 the whole game which is shocking. I have like 8 cards in my hand and I have to burn cards to be able to stevens I debate between rare candying a ralts into a gallade on the bench because if I celios for gardy I could gardy lv.x bring down for the win later but he has dusknoir on the bench I have to win now! I didnt gardevoir early game I've only used 1 thanks to jirachi ex and my draws so I have 2 gardevoirs left in my deck so I could potentially use them later game. I have no choice to rare candy and burn into gallade and I stevens for 5 with about 16 cards left in my deck I cant remember but I whiff on the dre and I had one prize unflipped so 70 + 40 would have won me the game. DRE was also my next card. I attach a bench and leave the gallade active. He ko's me. I bring up another gallade with energy on it and time was called on my turn. Im ahead 1-2 on prizes. All through these games jason was called for slow play 4 times and I was called for slow play once speficially on a warp point move. The judge gives jason a 5 minute time extension when time was called on my turn. The look on my face is a smirk just because at nationals when I got called for slow play I got a warning, caution, prize penalty, and a game loss. During this game jason got penalized 4 times for slow play. He receieved a warning, caution, a verbel warning stating if he does something like this again or myself it would be a prize penalty to a player even though i didnt do anything BDS states that but if jason got called again that prize penalty would have won me the game, and then he gives a 5 minute time extension. How are these the right penaltys I got warning, caution, prize penalty, and game loss at nationals? The same exact judge who gave these penaltys to me at nationals was judging my top 4 game. The funny thing is I have no discretion with that judge because he told bds and other judges about it and they discussed it. Here I am thinking jason is gonna lose like I did at nats like he should of by the right call. Its a cheap win but when it happens to you I really wanted vengeance. How do these penaltys just suddenly change because jason isnt gino? I sensed in my head and felt this sensation run through my veins that I know for a fact the judges in pokemon play favorites. When jason was called on slow play for a 4th time BDS Made a ruling on it and gave a verbel warning and a time extension when time was called on my turn. After the game BDS stated and I qoute "Jason Klacynski is the golden boy of pokemon." Ya this match or penaltys werent fixed or anything. Remember im not hating on jason im just extremely upset with the judges. I got absolultely dumped on by judges penaltys this year and when another player does the exact same thing I did its totally different. I didnt complain or show frustration at worlds because I0 knew everybody wanted to see that so I held it in and sucked it up. Im glad I typed this up because it'll show you my pride and the truth on how some judges judge even if it isnt the way they are supposed to. If anyone takes offense to this feel free to PM. After nationals and all the penaltys I was given I read the pokemon guidelines and penaltys religiously. I know the rules and I know what penaltys are supposed to be and what there not supposed to be. I could tell you a penalty or a recommended penalty off the back of my head. I didnt go all out this season playtesting weekly and being the best I can potentially be to get cheated by judges rulings and playing favorites. Jasons the champ and I got nothing but props to that dude but just remember the judges beat gino not jason.

3rd/4th - Jimmy O'Brien (EmoZong)[US]
G1: I get a quick gardevoir and gallade and run through his draw-spread-pass setup.
G2: He gets a god baby jesus setup and crushes me. I ask the judge how much time is left and theirs 2 minutes left. Theirs a 2 minute time extension this game because of loud noise. Its going to take jimmy 3 turns to draw 3 prizes. I know if I play this game out on time I'll win on time but this was about being a true champion and winning with confidence not by a fault in the rulings where a player is clearly going to win a game but loses because of a techniciallity and a cheap shot aka winning on time. I explain this to jimmy and tell em lets go to game 3 sudden death im going first.
G3: I start with ralts and energy grab bench. I forget what he has active but he retreats it. Long story short he has up bronzong with water, water, and my gardy has p + dre, next prize wins. I wager, I win the wager I need lake boundary to win. I claydoll for 3 no boundary, I copy his oaks visit and pray for the lake boundary. My 1st card was lake boundary. I shake his hand and win 3rd place like a champion is supposed to win it by the rules. I refuse to win on time or stall or any of that cheap ways to win games. If you think I do then please ask around because after I scooped in G2 like I did ya'll cant say NOTHING!

This season I look at not in dissapointment but as the most amazing season ever! Even if I shoulda won worlds too! Im the first nats champ to win nats and go into worlds and top cut and better the same year. Im looking forward to next years nationals to defend my national championship more then anything! I'd rather be a 2 time national champion then a 2 time world champion just because nationals is so much harder and at nationals 1 bad hand its pretty much over for you. At worlds theres less luck, less people, and you can play with a couple of bad hands.

1st at Citys
2nd at States
2nd at Florida Regionals in the "so called hardest region in the country"
1st at the US Nationals in the Largest Nationals in history
3rd at the World Championships

Props
All of Team Ungerground aka The Future of Pikachu
Everybody from italy!!! I look forward to seeing all of the Italian Players next year!!!
The Frezzas, Mommarock, The Jones, Larry and his family, Everyone from NY, Con le, the coxes, Brian garcia, darrel, Eric, Khan Le, The canada champ I forget ur name and Grandmaaaa jonaaa who i met both in the airport, Edwin cuz ya fat, Krazy Kevin aburnathy, jon b. and his brutha, FRANKIE DURSO, Aziz, Christian, tristen, ian, brett, adrian, muk man, Colin, Dylan for winning! Nick and noah l. for doing well, Thomas for doing well, his dad as well judging wise, johnny blaze and his family, baby jesus, Kanye-West, Emmunual givens im not sure if thats his name I just met him, a bunch of Foreign players names who I cant remember what their names are sorry i remember faces though :) If I didnt list you then my bad guido!
All the little kids asking me and my buddies for bandanas
The North-East

Slops
Getting a camera I borrowed stolen
Paying 500$ for the camera
Jolteon + Lake Boundary + Gardevoir
Certain judges
The ice cream lady giving away free ice cream
Fake players and Judges

-Its Its Its Its Its Geo Baby! !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry but I really think jason is the best even if that was a bad call and geno won jason has still won 1 worlds and another turny just like worlds.

Gino,

Congrats on such an awesome season.

You definitely proved yourself to be one of the top players in the world this year.

Don't let the man hold you down.

Gino: You played well all weekend and should be proud of your accomplishments this year.

As for the slow play penalties and the time extention, it was discussed by the judge team that if warnings were given for slow play, then we were to give time ext's. So, your match was no different in the semi's. As for the # of warnings/verbal given to Jason, I wasnt seated at the table judging, so I cannot comment there on the truth of that assertion.

As for a Judge telling you in the 3rd/4th place match that there was only 2 mins remaining, I find that hard to believe. We all were instructed to state "less than last time check" when asked about time. Yes, you did scoop in game 2 and set up for a quick game 3. You should be commended for that. If you knew the exact time remaining, you are right, you could have played out that game and Jimmy probably doesnt draw all 6 prizes or bench you. Again, props to you for the scoop and the chance to play out the match in a 3rd game.

Good luck next year.

Keith

Well done, Gino, well done. You're a champ against adversity, and I wish you the best. I don't quite know about that time issue - it sounds like both of you were put into a lot of unfair pressure as a result of the time. The clock should not have even been an issue, but whatever.

Hope to see you on the trail next season.

Last edited:
Props
All of Team Ungerground aka The Future of Pikachu
Everybody from italy!!! I look forward to seeing all of the Italian Players next year!!!
The Frezzas, Mommarock, The Jones, Larry and his family, Everyone from NY, Con le, the coxes, Brian garcia, darrel, Eric, Khan Le, The canada champ I forget ur name and Grandmaaaa jonaaa who i met both in the airport, Edwin cuz ya fat, Krazy Kevin aburnathy, jon bristo and his brutha, FRANKIE DURSO, Aziz, Christian, tristen, ian, brett, adrian, muk man, Colin, Dylan for winning! Nick and noah lawson for doing well, Thomas for doing well, his dad as well judging wise, johnny blaze and his family, baby jesus, Kanye-West, Emmunual givens im not sure if thats his name I just met him, a bunch of Foreign players names who I cant remember what their names are sorry i remember faces though :) If I didnt list you then my bad guido!

How the heck do I not get listed, I mean come on its Emmunal Divens and Matthew Koo you don't even remember there names yet they get props. I mean seriously Gino 3 letters are you kidding J-a-y. I was even banging on your door trying to wake you up so you would at least get to play in top 32. I was the one who helped you come up with the Ampharous/Brongzong list and said it ran Rayquaza Ex. Geez some people:nonono:

Sour Grapes!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I'm Just playing man congrats on the amazing year:thumb:

Last edited:
Yeah Gino, Thanks for scooping game 2. It was my only chance at winning, and you clearly knew it.

For the record, I asked Gino to scoop, removing all doubt that I needed it to happen. I'm glad that I had the chance to lose to a player who I could be happy for.

Cheers Gino.

LIKE A TRUE WORLD CHAMPION ONCE SAID...
"TO BE THE MAN, YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!"

You must have played that scenario a million times in your head!
Questioning, "What did I do so bad to warrant this type of action to
be taken against me? Why would one person attempt to cost me
an opportunity of a lifetime? Basically, A BULLY, ABUSING HIS POWER,
and destroying a possible legacy!!!

How many times in the NFL has a bad call that is "NOT ELIGIBLE
FOR INSTANT REPLAY" come back and cost a TRUE championship
deserving team the opportunity to win that championship?

I will just tell you this, as a TRUE friend! You've done an INCREDIBLE
thing this year! You have set a precidence that only you can break!
You have proven that as there are champions...there are people that
rise to the occasion to claim the first prize but are they TRUE champions
or opportunists??
Being a DYNASTY is a TRUE FEAT!
Being like Yamato (JPN), who continues to reach the pinnacle, year
in year out! He makes adjustments, tests and proves why he is at the TOP
of this game! HE IS A TRUE CHAMPION!

You are in the perfect position to be in that same group. Jason is the ONLY
2 time winner! BIG TIME CONGRATS GO TO HIM!! He, like any good pro,
takes advantage of a situation like when a ref. blows a call! In this case, the
"GOLDEN BOY" of POKEMON was the recipient. The OPPORTUNIST!

IT TOOK A CHAMPION TO BEAT A CHAMPION!!!

You must be humble, be confident and be the legacy that you have PROVEN
to be!!
Like I tell my son, don't boast when you win! Be a silent champion! Like NFL
great Barry Sanders...after running for that touchdown, just hand the football
over to the referee and be PROUD to run off the field knowing you are the BEST
IN THE BUSINESS!!!
NOW...can Jason be back in the running in San Diego? Yamato will!!
I know you will too! You can go back as the 2 Time US Champion?!
You will be prepared! You are already preparing!! You know that it will again be
filled with so many talented players gunning to be where you are!
THE DIFFERENCE...THEY ARE NOT "TRUE CHAMPIONS"

Huge congrats Gino, it was cool getting to meet you at the airport, and I think you really proved that you are one of the elite players in the game, major props. I was really hoping you would go all the way, but I guess Jason is a great player, and sometimes the calls just don't go your way. Best of luck next season.

Great Job Gino! You did a fabulous job this season!! I'm glad to have played you and met you!

I hope all is going well.

~Colin

Gino, the reason noone complained when ness won is exactly why you suspected the judges. He is an amazing player, but with the amount of time he took to make his moves, anyone one could give the same showing in skill(okay well not anyone, but most good players) that should be his downfall the way it almost was yours. People got to see what they wanted to see. Jason winning over Gino. Like at nationals when people were like, " if gino wins, nobody cheer" or the giant roar when ness beat you. I dont think its cool at all and ive lost ost of my respect for what the judges have done to the underground, like the "how much time left" - prizeloss issue.

I SAY :nonono:

Heck no pokemon. Bad example of whats been happening all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
You had a phenomenal season and props for that.

However, you should really think hard about what you're saying here. You're saying that Jason Klaczynski, the greatest player to ever play Pokemon didn't deserve it.

Whether or not this is your intention, is irrelevant. The judges didn't give Jason the win. Time should not be a way to win in this game. It's not in the rule book, but hey, it's something we have to deal with.

If you want to say the judges giving Jason more time and not giving him a game loss for thinking out his moves in a complicated format, then that's your problem. Because I and a lot of other people don't have a problem with it.

Look at yourself in the mirror. You're saying the judges helped him out. Well, guess what? You won on time at U.S. Nationals. Drew is a great friend of mine and you were going to lose that game in three turns. Time helped you out there.

What goes around comes around. You shouldn't be making claims like this. Take your season for what it was: one of the best ever.

Congrats.

You had a phenomenal season and props for that.

However, you should really think hard about what you're saying here. You're saying that Jason Klaczynski, the greatest player to ever play Pokemon didn't deserve it.

Whether or not this is your intention, is irrelevant. The judges didn't give Jason the win. Time should not be a way to win in this game. It's not in the rule book, but hey, it's something we have to deal with.

If you want to say the judges giving Jason more time and not giving him a game loss for thinking out his moves in a complicated format, then that's your problem. Because I and a lot of other people don't have a problem with it.

Look at yourself in the mirror. You're saying the judges helped him out. Well, guess what? You won on time at U.S. Nationals. Drew is a great friend of mine and you were going to lose that game in three turns. Time helped you out there.

What goes around comes around. You shouldn't be making claims like this. Take your season for what it was: one of the best ever.

Congrats.

im real sorry here Gino, but this is the truth man. You won nats on time, and then go on the gym to complain about "losing on time" and "judges being bias". I admit you got a bad beat there with the dre, but you still made 3rd AND won nats, which almost beats Curran's record(but not quite : ) You are a BEAST AT THIS GAMMMEEE man situations with time have occured sooo many times, and instead of bashing the judges on the gym, you gotta appreciate what you got.
PLUS you securely got your invite/trip which is great, meaning you can play alll next season not having to worry about getting benched by some guy with a 1500 ranking and losing all your points XD Remember dude this is just my opinion but majorrr props making it this far. you gotta realize how far youve come since the beginning. : D

deckmaster- The champ is here all right but these dudes gotta know what happend to the champ. Thanks for the props kidd. Brooklynnnnnnnnnnnn

Lucario-Master- The dudes madd nice no doubt. Idc ppl dont think im better in one - two years ppl r gonna have a change of thought tho :cool:

jkwarrior- Omg the mannn held me down. I know you were trying to be funny but easy on the stereotyping son.

Jaeger- Yo my badd I typed this in like 2 hours and I didnt just forget you I forget the day 1 pairings.. Ima add you right now. I gotta say im so glad your chill with the group and that you got on the team. We gotta make a forums or something but im not gonna do it lol so hopefully one of the playas will step up and do it. Underground - Believe in Now

ChaosJim- Not really just because I explained that it would have tooken you 3 turns to draw 3 prizes needed to win the game. I knew their was 3-4 minutes left so after I explained this to u and how I didnt want to go out like that you jumped in and asked "so u wanna scoop" and I replied yet. I still see that as I offered but in the sense that you asked before I offered then ya but I was on the verge hence mah explaining Jimmayyyyy.

StoneCold- Everything this guy said was amazing and 100% true. I dont think anyone can put it better then this guy did. I just love the NFL comparisons as well. Yeah ima true champ not a fake champ or paper champ. Theres a huge difference.

brendan2236- Yeah next year we should chill. That other kid at the airport has like the funniest nickname Grandmaaaaa Jonaaaaaaaaaaa!

swanton1717- Same here colin. Your the most fabulouslicious player I have ever met. I Hope to see you soon!

Bellawesome- Its alright kidd even the judges can't strap us down. They can try but a true champion will rise up and overcome it. Hopefully none of this happens to u. I cant wait to see what your going to bring in the masters division. See ya at Citys unless u go to RI BR. Props on ur achievements.

Scizor- "You're saying that Jason Klaczynski, the greatest player to ever play Pokemon didn't deserve it. " I didnt say that so dont put words in my mouth. I said the judges stepped in and he shouldnt have one. I know yall dont have a problem with jason winning because gino is the other guy. "You won on time at U.S. Nationals. Drew is a great friend of mine and you were going to lose that game in three turns." Nope I had that game regardless. Seriously my hand had a roseannes with bring down, stevens dre. I dont even care bout that game regardless if a player wins on time its a rule. Wats the point of Sotg if their broken.

garchompx12- I won it on time I won regardless. I aint bashing the judges I just want an answer. I know one of em was made aware of this post. I really want a judge that judged my top 4 match to post on it. BDS, POP, or the other judges who I dont know. They know Im right and Ik im not addressing this matter politly but at the same time im not disrespecting anybody and if u take it that way then my bad

- Its Geo Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back