Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Claydol abuse

People keep coming up with this sort of threads. First it was the holong engine, then gardy and gallade (altough that was really broken) and now it is claydol. Maybe it is a lack of creativity in making threads.
I suppose there's always something to whine about.

Trust me, I understand the frustration, I'm practicly the only person at my leauge without it. I used it in my deck once by borrowing it, and I was instantly hooked. It is probably, no, it IS the best speed-up card out there, and it is reeeeeeeeeeeeeelly annoying to fight against, but try fighting WITH it, and suddenly it's not so aggrivating as ellusive.

Obviously Claydol is abused.
It proides versatility in this format, so that normally slow decks can compete.

:nonono: No, they can't. :nonono:​

Sure it speeds up slow decks.

BUT, it also gives the fast tier 1 decks the tools they need to counter-counter, and answer your "well-laid" plans. That's what i meant earlier about it pushing tier 1 decks so far above the others.

Well, the tier 1 decks use claydol, the tier 2 decks use claydol, and even tier 3 decks use claydol(using the Metagame thread as a ref). So i am wondering, what exactly are these "other decks" that don't run claydol? If they are not even recognized as 3rd tier then they probably are not that good in the first place.

Claydol is an amazingly great card. It allows for some really great creativity in deck construction believe it or not.

It is the only real acceleration there is in the game right now.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that people who do not like Claydol, probably do not have any.

A few years back, the complaint was how broken Pidgeot was and how bad it was that everyone was forced to play it.

If you know claydols are rampant in your area, figure out a way to beat them.

GG shuts them down,
Nidoking drags them active so you can kill them
Dusknoir makes it where they are the only thing they have on the bench if they are playing more then 2 on the bench.

And I am sure some creative players have other ways of dealing with them.

The card does nothing but allow you access to your deck.

From a TO's perspective (as was argued earlier) I haven't seen how the card harms the format in the least.

They should just ban Claydol and put a rule into the rulebook that says, "Once per turn, a player may put up to two cards from their hand to the bottom of the deck, then draw until they have six cards in hand." It would make the gameplay the same without Claydol clutter.:lol:

and then people still play claydol to do it more lol

I have a friend that won't play competitivly because he doesn't have a Claydol line to use. I keep trying to tell him there are ways around it, but he won't listen... That is until I convinced him that Kingdra w/ Bronzong MT works. One of the things that I love about playing this game is that this game gives so much creativity if you are willing to think. If you don't want to use Claydol, then there are other decks that you can create. I hate it when people whine about not having the cards to make 'Metagame.' Goodness.... FIGHT THE CONFORMITY!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend that won't play competitivly because he doesn't have a Claydol line to use. I keep trying to tell him there are ways around it, but he won't listen... That is until I convinced him that Kingdra w/ Bronzong MT works. One of the things that I love about playing this game is that this game gives so much creativity if you are willing to think. If you don't want to use Claydol, then there are other decks that you can create. I hate it when people whine about not having the cards to make 'Metagame.' Goodness.... FIGHT THE CONFORMITY!!!!!!!!!

But why the **** would you do that ? :rolleyes:

"Look at me, I saw my own arm of, now I'm different and better than all of you" :rolleyes:

Claydol makes complicated decks playable, I'm mostly using Stage 2 with other Stage 2 and a bunch of tech decks, those would be unplayable without dol...

well, i play claydol, but i do look at ways to make my draw system quicker, more efficient, and take up less space. so stop whining ya babies, get over it. be the smart person you might be and try to figure a way to get around it.

This is how I imagine most of these complaint threads are thought up:
*sob* *sob* I don't have any Claydols *sob* *sob* I am tired of getting owned at tournaments and league *sob* *sob* I know! Instead of figuring out a way to improvise, get some Claydols, beat it, or get around it, I am going to create a thread that whines about it! Obviously there is something wrong with the metagame because I am losing. If only Claydol did not exist, I could be a l33t pokeemanz player and pwn all teh n00bz!

Basically, stop complaining and get over it. There are so many viable decks this season, and Stormfront will only increase that number. This is one of the most versatile formats we have ever had, and Claydol is just icing on the cake.

Claydoll is what makes the format WORK. If you havn't noticed we have NO good draw trainers. Can a mod please lock this before we get another "ban gardy" thread?

Just like the holon engine Claydol adds consistency and FUN to the format. Lets take it out and sit there with 2 cards in your hand, praying to draw into one of the mediocre draw supporters in your deck.

There are FAR more broken cards out there then Claydol. I'm guessing the OP never saw a Plox deck...

In my case, by the time my opponent got 3 claydols out, I'd either be WAY ahead or WAY behind (in which case i'd just whip out Toterra and blast them all). I don't like certain cards, but I'm not going to whine about them. I made a clumsy water/grass deck for battle road and I was 10 damage short of winning a match against an electivire-rayquaza deck. Just work a way around claydol's power: You can deplete the opponent's deck, like w/ LA Camerupt, or just use heavy hitters like me.

well claydol is realy useful though... it helps me speed my up deck... all my frens using furret but i prefer claydol cuz claydol is pokepower and furret is atk.

OK, sheep, first of all, no one is gonna take your Claydol away. So you can just agree that it IS indeed broken.

If a card is in EVERY single deck of EVERY single top 4 of EVERY event, and any deck not running it is considered "rogue", then yes, it's broken.If i'm wrong about it not being in every top 4 deck this season, please show me.

My sisters houndoom didnt play claydol, she got 2nd.

Not all decks now need claydol, yes most of them do but some can survive on uxie or extra supporters.

"My sisters houndoom didnt play claydol, she got 2nd.

Not all decks now need claydol, yes most of them do but some can survive on uxie or extra supporters. "

Most turn 2 decks don't really need Claydol. Most stage 2 based decks do......
Decks based around basics don't really need Claydol too too much.

If a card is in EVERY single deck of EVERY single top 4 of EVERY event, and any deck not running it is considered "rogue", then yes, it's broken. If you have to build your deck to either out-Dol, or answer Dol, then, yes, it's broken...

If i'm wrong about it not being in every top 4 deck this season, please show me.

I went 4-1 at a large BR without Claydol, and only missed the cut on resistance. (With Sceptile/Eggs MT)
By "this season", you mean DP-on, right?

Claydol is not broken. Good, yes, but not broken. You guys just keep telling each other that Claydol is essential until you don't even try not using it. If you can't think outside the box, don't get in the box at all.

Back