Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-11-28 Raichu Lv X SF 99/100

Status
Not open for further replies.
loooooooooooooooooove this card

10000000000000/10

best card ever made in my oppinion.

(hurray third post!!!)

Between the MT Pikachu, Electrivire's Motor Drive, Magnaton's Super Connectivity, Rayquaza's
Speed gain, and possibly some other non-electric powers, the electric Energy Engine is been charged
up so much that it rivals the grass types now. This makes this card VERY POWERFUL. Everyone so
far is correct, it does have to be used right. But with all the search cards in the format, and all the
draw power and energy speed this deck has, it could be the best deck in the format.

Expecially if you play 3-1 with premeir ball power, you can get a full 6 attacks in 3 turns of the game if
you do it right. This deck is not gonna work for a new player learning, but a skilled player could really go
to town with this card!

96/100

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

None of the cards people have been mentioning so far in this thread (Rayquaza, Magnezone, Electivire) other than MT Pikachu help you fuel Voltage Shoot since the discard must come from the hand, not other Pokemon. SF Raichu's Burst Ball is the attack that combos with those cards. However, it is hardly the main attraction.

Voltage Shoot isn't easy to repeatedly use unlike Kingdra's Dragon Pump, which seems to be a similar attack on the surface, because it is very specific (you must ditch 2 electric as opposed to 2 of anything) and unfortunately there is no easy way to get all of those energy back into your hand/deck later whereas Kingdra has Aqua Stream to put as many back as it wants while also doing damage. The Raichu player is going to have to rely on Night Maintenance, Conductive Quarry, MT Pikachu with a Pichu underneath, or Energy Restore to get them back.

Having to discard so many energy from the hand means you won't be able to charge up a back-up Raichu very easily. It doesn't help at all that each of the regular Raichus have expensive attacks that require heavy discarding. It is not that easy to recover three energy either even with those Pokemon that can grab it from the discard. You'd have to have 3 Magnezone or 3 Electivire benched, or get 3 heads with Rayquaza (unlikely), assuming you were using SF Raichu and could discard from anywhere. With MT Raichu you'd have to rely on Energy Link or Magnezone. Either way would be very clunky; in fact Magnezone is clunky with Raichu in general if you ask me and so it should not really be considered as a legitimate option. Even if you are able to get 1 or 2 energy back you still have to play one from the hand to use the big attack or Voltage Shoot again, which sets you back on setting up another Raichu or makes it harder for you to fulfill the discard requirement of Voltage Shoot when you want to use that attack. After a while all of this constant discarding and lack of adequate back-up building will add up and the Raichu player will simply face burn out before they can draw 6 prizes, at which point the opponent will take over.

All of this being said, Raichu lv. X is still a card with a lot of potential; the issue is in finding ways to get around the demands of so much discarding while also being able to charge back-up Raichus. Staying alive long enough to get an attacking Raichu lv. X out is also a challenge considering the soonest it can be up and ready is turn 3.

Bottom line: definitely not a 10 out of 10. People who have given this card that rating are grossly exaggerating its abilities.

Hmm I think its quite popular cos its the evoulution of pikachu. But as a card its pretty decent. Im currently playing it with Electivire And I can beat my brother (whos in the masters )Kingdra alot. I think its just so good cos of the fact that he can snipe claydols. And free retreats good. Although Unown g can be very annoying. Id give it a 8/10.

Hmm I think its quite popular cos its the evoulution of pikachu. But as a card its pretty decent. Im currently playing it with Electivire And I can beat my brother (whos in the masters )Kingdra alot. I think its just so good cos of the fact that he can snipe claydols. And free retreats good. Although Unown g can be very annoying. Id give it a 8/10.

Unown G does not prevent damage, so it does nothing to stop either Voltage Shoot or any of the other attacks that the regular Raichus have.

9.9/10

Pure awesome, but needs a skilled player to pull off.

lolz, the card is good itself but not that great in decks, not too much good combos, i tried it but you use up discarding to much energies way to quick,

8/10

Rayquaza

Rayquaza and superscope x4 will be very beneficial. However the only way to do voltage shot 6 times over three rounds is to stuff the deck full of energy, which will not work anyway. However you only have to do voltage shot once pr. round, and deal damage to knock down the active afterwards (Pokeblower, Warp Point)

I love this card. Sadly, I believe it's highly overrated. people say that it destroys Kingdra, but it just can't keep up with Kingdra's swarm factor. It also has trouble with quick decks and high H.P. pokemon.
That being said, it does have potential and is the main card of Raidhatter.

7/10

I have played this card in a Raichu deck quite numerously in the past 2 weeks. I have to say, it almost never lets me down. As long as you build the deck correctly with the right supporting cards (eg. Electivire, Energy Link, Rayquaza, etc..), it creates a combo that sickens even the best of players who think they've seen everything.

Believe me, watching their face just drop after you double Voltage Shoot a fully charged up 140 hp pokemon out of nowhere is possibly the best thing to stare at.

9/10

None of the cards people have been mentioning so far in this thread (Rayquaza, Magnezone, Electivire) other than MT Pikachu help you fuel Voltage Shoot since the discard must come from the hand, not other Pokemon. SF Raichu's Burst Ball is the attack that combos with those cards. However, it is hardly the main attraction.

Nevertheless a good card but hardly deserving of a 9 or 10. Conductive Quarry and Energy Restore are your only legitimate options and they are far to flippy. (Bronzong only okay)

7.75/10:pokeball:

Last edited:
3 3 1 line of rachu
3 3 1 line of electivire
and
3 3 line of the latest bronzong

raichu is your muscle
electrivire brings the energies back (or also muscle
and
bronzongs Poke-Power: Cycle keeps thoose energies in your hand. (a slight counter for machamp)

you could also add energy link for obvious reasons, scoop up for a charged up electrivire so you can get more energies in your hand, and of course claydol.

This card is insane. I use it right now and i am not changing decks anytime soon. The main problem I see is how big machamp is....the times two, plum mabey no guard........scary. As for getting the energy for it, run Raquaza for burst ball use, and MT Pika+SF Bronzong for Voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back