Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pulse of the Frontier scans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayquaza sounds very broken.
With the LA verison, Energy Link, and a good draw engine. (starpator/uxie)
Did you not see the more brokeness of it?
If you have no cards in your hand, you don't have to discard.

I was thinking, how about a uxie/starpator engine?
Uxie X/Uxie is already a great engine and add in starpator and you have a fast engine.
You would of course play a heavy trainer draw engine and a heavy supporter engine too.

Ugh, Absol deserved so much more out of a LV. X than that. And Rayquaza intrigues me. Thought will be put into that one.

Absol Lv. X is AMAZING!! I don't know what your talking about saying it could be better. With an Energy Gain and a Dark Energy you can do 60 by discard 1 card from your hand. Plus the Power is really good. I am not sure I can agree with you saying it isn't that good.

Drew

The effect is one time, with a LV. X. And it has no way to deal higher damage later on. I think it will be somewhat like a [D] type Kingdra for a while. Absol is so much awesomer than being a Kingdra. Message of Ruin is cool, though, and if you can prevent them from retreating it's really nice.

Dont forget that Sp Dark can get additional effect when attached to Absol Lv.X thus making 70 damage.

The effect is one time, with a LV. X. And it has no way to deal higher damage later on. I think it will be somewhat like a [D] type Kingdra for a while. Absol is so much awesomer than being a Kingdra. Message of Ruin is cool, though, and if you can prevent them from retreating it's really nice.

Yes, but with Poke Turn you can do the power up to 4 times more and if you really want you can add SSU to the deck and do it up to 8 time more. It is good because it sends cards to the LOST ZONE not the discard pile which right now it is impossibe to get cards back. You could cripple your opponent if you hit the right things. I mean what happens if you hit a LV. X then need? Or thier Night Maintenance? They would be hurt pretty badly. What about thier draw engine? It is much better than you think it is. 60 for 1 energy is good no matter what limitations is has as far as other attacks. Finally you don't know what Absol does yet so you really can't say it is that bad.

Drew

Lol i Actually forgot about Special Dark now it is even better especially with the Support of
Skuntank G and Garchomp C
and more to come in PoTF

Absol is just completely broken. Raquaza on the other hand is so easy to counter/ play around. I mean a good amount of the decks next format will be sp decks so 200 isn't needed anymore. 3 energy is a lot to get on and unless you want to hurt yourself a ton you have to discard them all. I think htat new dragonite one shots it too.

I'm not saying it's completely bad, I'm just saying it had a bad first impression with me. I was never one for disruption in the first place so Absol didn't ring well with me. If you can make a decent deck out of it, more power to you. I just don't really like it. Also, for the record, you don't know what it does yet either, so you can't say it is that good.

And I misread the first time, I thought it went to the Lost Zone only if you had 3 heads, and it went to discard otherwise.

Yes, but with Poke Turn you can do the power up to 4 times more and if you really want you can add SSU to the deck and do it up to 8 time more. It is good because it sends cards to the LOST ZONE not the discard pile which right now it is impossibe to get cards back. You could cripple your opponent if you hit the right things. I mean what happens if you hit a LV. X then need? Or thier Night Maintenance? They would be hurt pretty badly. What about thier draw engine? It is much better than you think it is. 60 for 1 energy is good no matter what limitations is has as far as other attacks. Finally you don't know what Absol does yet so you really can't say it is that bad.

Drew

Actually we know, 20 Snipe on anything for D and Doom Desire for DDC IIRC, its really bad :/

I just don't understand this, they make tons of sp pokemon and tons of things that kill sp pokemon like Machamp, Mewtwo and Dragonite, if sp pokemon are going to "dominate" i'd be happy to run Machamp. Well see what kinds of trainers they get this time.

Cool! I might get A booster box of this set (in jappenece cause they are still playable and 1 holo and 2 rares per pack) I'm not to impressed with the 3 trainers at the end but meh ther are gonna be more in the set I hope. And also if you look ate the starter deck it comes with both chazard x and garchop x so thats sweet definetly buying that

(sorry about my bad spelling im getting a c in spelling)

-cory :psychic:

Pulse of the Frontier Scans

The entire set is up on Pokebeach

I hope Venasaur/Swampert are good lol

discuss...

Right now I am most curious as to what the new Solrock and Lunatone do... I'm wondering if they have the same kind of support power that HL/DX Lunatone and Solrock had.

I don't want to undercut bangiras by posting translations, but I want to feel important so I'll answer the specific questions that've been brought up.

Venusaur is alright... it would be great if the second attack was cheaper, in my opinion. Granted, you could back it up with Sceptile to make things easier...

Swampert on the other hand is just a dull card.

I don't see chatot g getting play except perhaps in very specific situations. It has a coming into play power, but not exactly a terribly impressive one.

Rhyperior isn't a reprint...

Lunatone and Solrock aren't very good.

I know. I said I'm not posting translations because bangiras is currently working on them and I don't want to undermine her efforts.

Also, I retract my statement about lunarock - someone pointed out to me that it COULD be good with the right combos and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back