Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

One Piece

Poke Trainer J

Anyone here a huge fan of the series? I know the 4Kids dub for it was traumatizing but FUNimation got the rights for the series and remade the English dub of it for the better. It's already the #1 Shonen series in Japan and it's one of the most downloaded series on the internet with over 300+ episodes that rival that of Dragonball Z.

I'd recommend watching the Japanese fansub and start from the beginning and once you get to the Arabasta, Skypiea, and Cypher Pol No. 9 Arcs I'm sure you'll really love it. Luffy is such an amazing character as he represents Goku from DBZ in a great way, Gear 2nd makes him like Goku going Kaioken and when he uses that technique against the CP9 it's pretty cool.

One of the best things about this series is that almost every character gets a turn in the spotlight meaning that there's a good amount of character diversity in this series compared to Naruto which hardly has any Post Part 1. I've found that Portgas D. Ace, Blackbeard, Shanks, Mihawk, and some others are great characters as well.

Ace is arguably one of my other favorite characters in One Piece next to Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Robin, Chopper, and Franky. Oh Franky is a fun character especially how he goes around wearing that speedo of his...

Yeah I'm a big fan, I read the manga every week and I must say it is one of the best I know :D

I also had the same thread but it got deleted :S. All in all I love all One Piece characters including the one you didn't mentioned yet :p.

Stop comparing it to DBZ. .__. Granted, I am looking forward to Dragon Ball Kai a bit. Also, what the heck? You totally missed Brook. :\

I'm quite a bit behind on the manga (stopped reading some time around Oz's resurrection in the Thriller Bark arc), so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Shabondy Archipelago arc goes.

I love One Piece on a level totally untouched by any other Anime I've ever seen. One Piece is just so fun to watch. I love how fun the characters are, and regardless of power ups or fighting, I just love to watch the show. I can't find that feeling with any other Anime I watch. Naruto I watch to see Naruto grow up and gain cool new techniques. Bleach, new techniques. One Piece stands out from everything else to me.

It's like the Spongebob of Anime.

Wow. Pokegym is about the last place i would expect to find a thread for One Piece...... ._.

My favorite Characters are hard to determine...... So far it has to be Brooke as my Favorite in General. Then it probably has to be Sanji, just for being the Master of Chivalry yet ultimately, a Perv. That, children, makes him a hypocrite. ;D When it comes to abilities tho....I have to go with Robin. I love the concept of her Devil Fruit power and the way it can be applied.

Well yhis is one of those few animes that i started watching and didn't stop in the middle! It has everything. A good plot, intresting characters, cool action scenes, and most important of all, humor!

The filler is actually watchable (I'm looking at you, garbage Naruto fillers) and often makes sense where they put it, which I like.

The new Bleach fillers probably make the One Piece fillers look like anime gold as well...

The new Bleach fillers probably make the One Piece fillers look like anime gold as well...

I don't know if you are reading the manga or watching the anime, but I would recommend just ignoring bleach. The first storyline was really nice, but it gets awful amazingly fast.

Only show ever where the death of an inanimate object made me cry.

Oh the Going Merry, yeah I know what you mean. It wasn't just an inanimate object ya know, it has a living soul and it's legacy and spirit lives on in the Thousand Merry! :thumb:

Professor Chris said:
Stop comparing it to DBZ. .__. Granted, I am looking forward to Dragon Ball Kai a bit. Also, what the heck? You totally missed Brook. :\

I'm quite a bit behind on the manga (stopped reading some time around Oz's resurrection in the Thriller Bark arc), so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Shabondy Archipelago arc goes.

Why shouldn't I? It's about as famous as DBZ is in Japan unlike the Naruto series which well I'd rather not get into that. I've seen pics of Goku and Luffy together more than I do with Naruto and Goku in general, If that doesn't tell you that One Piece is the next best thing since Dragonball Z instead of Naruto then I don't know what will.

Yeah I forgot about Brook my bad! :p

I like him too, any skeleton wearing an afro is win in my book especially Luffy's... :)

Last edited:
That's been my favorite show since it first came out. I wonder why they never show it anymore, now they are putting all these new shows they kinda don't make sense .

My favorite characters are Luffy and Trace (Luffy's Brother)

Actually Luffy's brother's name is Portgas D. Ace not Trace, almost had it though. -__-

They don't show it in the U.S. anymore because of how 4Kids screwed up the English dub for it and that Naruto faired better than it by the better dubbing company Viz Media.

Recently FUNimation the dubbing company that aired Dragonball Z English dubs besides Ocean/Pioneer was planning on letting the One Piece series run again on Cartoon Network but the channel refused because of a stupid excuse that they didn't want to re-air the same episodes that 4Kids did for their English dub for One Piece with the FUNimation dub version which was better.

Pretty stupid eh? Besides the Japanese Sub and Manga is far superior anyway...

A bit of a bump, but hey, One Piece is at the beginning of it's turnpoint! The New World is getting closer and closer!

The last episode was a great one in my eyes, to bad it's Goldenweek in jappan so we have to wait for the official release. However spoilers have reached the internet and the next Manga is ace to! What's not to love about that dream team guys?!

All in all I'm happy to read there are more fans here! I completely agree that this anime is on a extreme high level, much like dragonball. So much they have done some great crossovers and will make some extra in the future :D

Cheers,

It's just a shame TV networks can't find a target audience for it. The fighting style is too cartoony for adult swim, but the content is too mature for children to watch. Oh well, at least there are some people out there who appreciate it.

Oh the Going Merry, yeah I know what you mean. It wasn't just an inanimate object ya know, it has a living soul and it's legacy and spirit lives on in the Thousand Merry! :thumb:
You mean Thousand Sunny :p

Why shouldn't I? It's about as famous as DBZ is in Japan unlike the Naruto series which well I'd rather not get into that. I've seen pics of Goku and Luffy together more than I do with Naruto and Goku in general, If that doesn't tell you that One Piece is the next best thing since Dragonball Z instead of Naruto then I don't know what will.

Yeah I forgot about Brook my bad! :p

I like him too, any skeleton wearing an afro is win in my book especially Luffy's... :)
Luffy/Goku fusion dance was amazing.

I'd never, ever argue that Naruto is better than One Piece because One Piece is clearly superior. However, while I've been enjoying Dragon Ball Kai, the Dragon Ball Z anime had a lot of problems that kept it from being great. Though, the fact that One Piece and Dragon Ball Kai now air side-by-side is most of the reason Luffy and Goku are shown together these days. ;P

Here is the reason that One Piece isn't popular in America:
4KIDS

Their incredibly awful dub was finally replaced by Funimation, but the damage was done. Funimation's never had a chance of being aired because any market that was possible (which considering the popularity of Dragonball and Naruto, should have been huge) was distanced from the tame not funny piece of junk that was released.

I have only seem the English version of One Piece it's ok; but not my type of show ._.

Last edited:
Isn't the Funimation version of One Piece currently being aired on Cartoon Network / Adult Swim?

I really don't understand how a show like One Piece should be dubbed FOR KIDS. I mean it's full of swearing and other things not suitable for kids. The English version it totally different than japanese one. Not sure if they even follow the same story.

Back