Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why do so many people hate to play against a sp deck or hate it in general??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they send up a Machamp, you send up a Toxicroak, if they send up Gengar, you use Weavile . . .

But that's just theory . . . you can't always assume you will have the right Stage 2 ready to go whenever you need it, especially in a deck which splits its resources like Gengar/Machamp. It is MUCH easier to get a Basic SP Pokemon out . . . attach, Energy Gain, Galactic Switch . . .

Someone gets it. Idk why people still don't play weavile

No... Weavile might beat Gengar, but it takes a long time to charge Weavile with Unown G, and when you spend all that time doing so, they'll just send up a Machamp and either Take Out if you didn't G it, or Hurricane punch. It's hard, there isn't a G deck that consistently beats it.

Incorrect.

if you see Gengar hit the feild a G-deck player will restrict his/her bench to

honchcrow/weavel
Toxicroak
Toxicroak
Sunktank (w/ Unknown G)
Dialga
maybe Uxie/crowbat.

ok. So Gengar spreads to what? uxie? ok.. take 1 prize, while I K.O your stage 2 with combo of weavle + poison + crobat + poketurn

they send up machamp, pwn with Toxicroak.

+ (and a BIG plus) you just "axe" (spray) the GeChamp's uxie/claydol on their turn, they can never recover.

they dont take long at all i mean the sp decks are supposed to be really fast and powerfull right thats how ive played at some points

they dont take long at all i mean the sp decks are supposed to be really fast and powerfull right thats how ive played at some points

Really? You don't think doing ten damage+ possible poison throughout almost the whole game takes a long time?

i eventually move on from that lol cuz eventually they will set up and now with phione and develuter coming back more often its huge lol so

Incorrect.

if you see Gengar hit the feild a G-deck player will restrict his/her bench to

honchcrow/weavel
Toxicroak
Toxicroak
Sunktank (w/ Unknown G)
Dialga
maybe Uxie/crowbat.

ok. So Gengar spreads to what? uxie? ok.. take 1 prize, while I K.O your stage 2 with combo of weavle + poison + crobat + poketurn

they send up machamp, pwn with Toxicroak.

+ (and a BIG plus) you just "axe" (spray) the GeChamp's uxie/claydol on their turn, they can never recover.

And then Gengar uses Poltergeist for a minimum of 120 damage against a Toxicroak, I've never seen a Galactic's deck with fewer than 2 TSS in their hands...

. . . and then they OHKO the Gengar w/ Weavile and Poison Structure . . . so you send up yet another Machamp . . .

We can do this all day, but seeing as Gengar/Machamp is really trading Stage 2 Pokemon for Basic Pokemon (let's hope no Candies are prized!) . . . it's not hard to figure out which deck will run out of steam first.

I like the G decks, but they're changing the game and you know how much we all like change.

Galactic cards are overpowered. Compare Jolteon*(card won worlds!) to Crobat g/Poketurn, and you'll understand.

We've gone from dueling pistol to machine gun.

It's like a return of the skilled donk.

Sorry, not seeing the skill there. Not picking on you, but I want to make the point that going second and getting a Cyrus FTW is not different from any other kind of donk... in terms of skill.

And then Gengar uses Poltergeist for a minimum of 120 damage against a Toxicroak

We had an epic 480 damage in top cut at SoCal regional. Everyone at the table cracked up.

We can do this all day, but seeing as Gengar/Machamp is really trading Stage 2 Pokemon for Basic Pokemon (let's hope no Candies are prized!) . . . it's not hard to figure out which deck will run out of steam first.

Right, that's what they're working against, and its significant, but its not a forgone conclusion the GeChamp player can't win against WeavileG decks; I saw a lot of it. Comes down to draws and skill of the players involved.

I think a lot of it is 'come back ability'. Playing Dialga G tank with 3-4 Spec metal attached and Blissey healing it can survive for a number of turns. All I need to do is use one Galatic Switch previously to a benched Dialga G then next turn I can Galatic Switch again, Poketurn, bring out the Dialga G Benched - attach Energy Gain, a Spec Metal in my hand and Lv X and your opponent is back where they started 2-3 turns ago.

Not to mention being basic pokemon is a huge advantage. Quick Bounce back ability, No need for 10 ( 4-2-4 ) pokemon lines and Rare Candies mean the deck has loads of room left as well for broken SP trainers.

Power Spray and Poketurn have got to be some of the most annoying cards when facing an SP deck.

Machamp is the only real option, but Toxicroak + Lake Boundary can counter this easily.

SP decks do make a change though, and they are fun to play. I love them anyway, except when playing against one.

I like the G decks, but they're changing the game and you know how much we all like change.

We've gone from dueling pistol to machine gun.

Sorry, not seeing the skill there. Not picking on you, but I want to make the point that going second and getting a Cyrus FTW is not different from any other kind of donk... in terms of skill.

We had an epic 480 damage in top cut at SoCal regional. Everyone at the table cracked up.

Right, that's what they're working against, and its significant, but its not a forgone conclusion the GeChamp player can't win against WeavileG decks; I saw a lot of it. Comes down to draws and skill of the players involved.

None taken, but I'd rather have a person play 5-6 cards to get it than rare candy a machamp.

. . . and then they OHKO the Gengar w/ Weavile and Poison Structure . . . so you send up yet another Machamp . . .

Except that Toxicroak doesn't OHKO Croak...

Actually, it was quite a bit more skill than chop/candy/chump. Moves like this arn't always very obvious, and don't always work. When I donked him, I had to make the choice to dedicate myself to the donk and possibly risk not getting set up. It payed off, but someone who isn't very skilled in the game probably wouln't have know if it was a smart choice or not.

Chop/Candy/Champ/NRG
Croak/Gain/Tank/NRG

Top combo KO's 458-1=457 basics in modified.
Bottom combo KO's 458-64-9=385 basics in modified.

Leaving aside meta and other T1 possible effects, the latter combo is only 85% as effective at T2KO but it isn't a dime more skilled.

Because quite simply, the deck adds to the theme of lucksacking and luck involved in this terrible and stale format. I can't remember a time where the game was so based on luck and not skill. Even last format was better than this. All it takes is some Power Spray, Poketurn or some other Dialga BS to easily negate your long and well thought-out strategy. It's making the game much less fun and much more frustrating to play. Quite frankly, it;s ruining the game and the skill factor involved in it. I was beaten by a mentally challenged person at my regs who misplayed every single move he made but was able to save himself with a few Poketurns and Power Sprays. This format is utterly ridiculous because of this. I recently quit Yu-Gi-Oh! and returned to Pokemon because Yugi was like this, and I coincidentally got back into Pokemon while it was becoming the same thing.

Maybe you lose to G decks because your deck is bad... :/

^That was awesome.

Palkia is also stupid because it's similar to Dusknoir, not nearly as bad. But IMO bench limitation is bad.

^That was awesome.

Palkia is also stupid because it's similar to Dusknoir, not nearly as bad. But IMO bench limitation is bad.

I haven't paid enough attention to outside metagames, but so far I've seen very little of Palkia and anything I've seen running Palkia hasn't been very consistent.

palkia dialga pretty good in my opinion i mean it does loes on ocasion but me and my freind did very well in states with it i got 9th and he got 2nd so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back