Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009 US Nationals

:frown:*cry*:frown:

i so wanna be there, going to nats on my first year of OP Pokemon play would have been an amazing experience.

Argh it's sooo early to having to wake up. It's 5:23 and making last minute deck choices. Good luck everyone for today!!

I wish everyone, players and staff, the best of luck over the next couple of days. Especially Gym Leader Blaine... 1200+ players!! :eek:

let's hear it for the specific north fresh.

I'll be checking this thread and twitter all day with anticipation!

The doors are now open and it's a mad house. More players swarming in to register and play. What will the final numbers be?

I dont get why pokemon hasnt live coverage anyway. Just look at Pojo 4 YGO, and in the US, Pokemon is big enough that there should be someoen willing to do it.

Flashback posts made when the location change was announced.
Who is right, who is wrong?
Today we will find out, have fun reading.

Naki Feralkin said:
The numbers will be a lot smaller this year, whether people believe it or not. I'm quite certain that Florida, the Carolina's, and Georgians are probably complaining about a further drive. At least its north to Ohio and not North and East to Missouri.

Prime said:
I hope the tournament brings in the numbers PUI is expecting, because I honestly feel we will see 1/3 the attendance because of the move. I feel Origins really brought in a lot of random new players to play in nationals each year, and I feel Origins was a great hub for all the players of this game to get together and reconnect over games and have fun doing other stuff too. Nationals in MO is worst of both worlds. It's an only-Pokemon event, and there will be no random new players to introduce to the game. The only people that will be there are those that play the card game already or live very close to it and heard about it on the news or newspaper.

Naki Feralkin said:
Its not gonna be as big an event as it could be at origins. For a growing game, this is not where you want to go.

ryanvergel said:
I think this could be a very good change for the game. This means that recognition is being thrown to pokemon for having such success. This is GOOD!

pat460 said:
A large portion of the pople who went to nationals in previous years went only because it was at origins, or in other words, that they werent just going for pokemon nationals. But with this move, what will people like that do now? They wont go to nationals.

the sniper said:
Put the event on Mars- I'll be there

meganium45 said:
If the event is, um, free, we will be breaking EVERY attendance record out there!

eeveelover said:
All I can say, is if this makes you not come to Nats, well, you will be missed. But I am pretty sure those chairs that you usually use will not be empty.

I wish everyone, players and staff, the best of luck over the next couple of days. Especially Gym Leader Blaine... 1200+ players!! :eek:

Thanks. I feel lucky that I have such a great staff in the HIVE with me this year. :biggrin:

Back