Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009 US Nationals

Hagrid23

This is the (quasi)official thread for the US Nationals Main event. We will be providing updates throughout the weekend. As always, we cannot provide details on decks being played or what the records are for specific players so please don't ask.

We are almost two hours into registration and we have broken the 1000 player barrier.

Over 200 in both Juniors and Seniors, almost 600 in Masters.

Tommorrow's going to be a blast.

Last edited:
oh kk, how many rounds do you think there would be for masters, and also would the tounremount be longer than 1 day?
The number of rounds will be determined by the final number of players so we won't know until tommorrow morning. US Nats is a 2-day event with the Swiss rounds taking place on Saturday and the Top Cuts on Sunday.

With 10 minutes remaining in Preregistration, here are the updated numbers:

Total: 1140
Masters: 659
Seniors: 261
Juniors: 220

We could add a couple hundred more in the morning (if space is available).

Here are the final registration numbers for tonight:

Total: 1147
Masters: 661
Seniors: 263
Juniors: 223

Everyone have a wonderful night and we will let you know the final numbers tomorrow.

Bumming all my family is there but me this year, just started a new job and couldn't get the time off :(

It's great to see these numbers already, hopefully they're won't be a cap on registration - maybe if there's overflow they'll just hold different flights - pods..if space permits.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, especially Team Blaze NY! Thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming......

Go Team Nance!171

Too bad only half is there! Where are you Erik!

:wink:

Helped out at League today. We recorded 680-ish games in a 10-hour period. That's 68 games a hour being recorded. That's more than one game per minute being recorded, for 10 straight hours.

WOW

Secret Deck is Mamoswine!

Here are the final registration numbers for tonight:

Total: 1147
Masters: 661
Seniors: 263
Juniors: 223

Everyone have a wonderful night and we will let you know the final numbers tomorrow.

Shrooms, that's a lotta people! I think my initial estimate of 1200 Nationals participants might have been a *touch* on the low side :wink:

Back