Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pooka's 2009 Nationals Report

Congratulations Pooka on winning the Nationals Tournament! Nice report and read the entire thing. You must've been really lucky to make it that far since you didn't face any Machamps during the tournament.

There's a reason he didn't play Machamp the whole time...he was in the winners bracket. Based on the decks run at nats, if champ didn't play SP, champ didn't win.

But, yeah, again, huge congratulations, and good job on playing your deck to a t (which, technically isn't in the word 'Deck', so in this instance, the aforementioned variable 't' will be a replacement for the letter 'd')

Congrats for your Nats win! Maybe the 'There's always next year' bit in your sig needs to be changed :p

Nobody really answered my question as too why not many players used Machamp at the tournament?

Congrats on your win at Nat's Mr. Pooka! You really deserved it; I couldn't think of anyone else better to win Nats this year. Your the best PKMN TCG player ever!

CMT

I read the whole report and I can definitely say that you deserved it for your great playing skills and your motivation throughout the whole Tournament. It was great to actually read a winning report, so congratulations is all I'm left with. ;o

dmaster out.

Congrats Pooka. Nice work!
Kevin A. from my league ran the Porygon Z. He's getting to be a pretty darn good player.

Congratulations.

Your report was thorough, thoughtful, and engaging. You played well and you won with humbleness.

I am delighted to have a Master's Champ such as yourself as a role model for the younger players. Way to keep what is important on the forefront - SOTG, determination, and humbleness in winning.

Great Job.

Im sorry But I cant understand the report what so ever, I think this must be some kind of inside joke maby you should lock the thread?

A huge thanks to everyone! I appreciate all the kind words (and even some of the less kind ones).

TSDMage: Just because I did well at a tournament doesn't mean I'm gonna forget you and the guys from Jimmy's shop! Thanks a lot. As for the Healers... I'll think about it.

Abudoggie: I'm glad Sydney likes the Torchic! I'll see you in San Diego!

Pajamas: Yeah, the games against Gengar are always close. I totally forgot you had three Bebe's prized. Great meeting you, and I hope to see you again soon.

GinoLombardi21: Thanks a lot man. I'll do my best to represent the US at Worlds like you did last year. We didn't get that picture at Nats, so hopefully we'll get that in San Diego. See you there!

CHOMPY: Actually, I faced a Gengar/Machamp deck in the Swiss rounds, so I did face one Machamp. As I mentioned in my report, Machamp is a very questionable deck choice because your only offense is Hurricane Punch most of the time, meaning you have to rely on flips to carry you through a tournament. Eventually your luck will run out. Thanks!

Venjamin: Ah, I knew it was a name I should remember! Thank you!

Thanks again, everyone!

If you did face a Machamp deck. How would you beat the deck other than Uxie Lv X + Crobat + Lucario + Unown G?

A huge thanks to everyone! I appreciate all the kind words (and even some of the less kind ones).

TSDMage: Just because I did well at a tournament doesn't mean I'm gonna forget you and the guys from Jimmy's shop! Thanks a lot. As for the Healers... I'll think about it.

Hey, I already got Jimmy to sign my Claydol ex... then again, Claydol ex didn't kick his but several times over, it was a card he was supposedly going to use... my bad ;)

Jokes aside, awesome job and we're rooting for you at Worlds!

Back