Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Final Report by Gino Lombardi

first off i have seen him and how he acts at worlds and the only time he ever did anything good was when he played a deck that a anyone could pick up and play well, yes winning nats is good but when the format was all plox and empo it was alot of luck that let him win.
Maybe i shouldn't be badmothing him but then again he is the only person to win nats that has an ego so big that he can blame almost all his losses to judging.
P.S im not looking at this page anymore because of the amout of stupid gino lovers that are deffending him when we all know he isn't the best player in the freaking world as you guys put it.

You say you don't like how Gino acts but look at how you have acted in this thread. Gino came out and wrote a very well thought out and detailed report. You came out acting like your 5.

first off i have seen him and how he acts at worlds and the only time he ever did anything good was when he played a deck that a anyone could pick up and play well, yes winning nats is good but when the format was all plox and empo it was alot of luck that let him win.
Maybe i shouldn't be badmothing him but then again he is the only person to win nats that has an ego so big that he can blame almost all his losses to judging.
P.S im not looking at this page anymore because of the amout of stupid gino lovers that are deffending him when we all know he isn't the best player in the freaking world as you guys put it.

hahaha biggest ego i think not

L-M: Gino played a tech that no one else was playing, so you can't say that he was playing what everyone else was. That tech made his deck very different.

And on that note, no more of this "Gino isn't the best" argument.
Best or not, he has earned an impressive record, especially last year with a National Championship and a top 4 finish at Worlds. When you perform similarly, then you can talk about his skill.

Now, further back and forth on this will be deleted.
Back to Gino's report and bashing of me.

Gino it was a pleasure getting to know you these past few years. Hope to still see you around, even if it's not for pokemon.

-Dan

That really sucks about the game loss man.
I don't know you but I've heard alot of stuff, good and bad, but either way it has always been said that your a top player.
So congrats on doing so well in the past and it'll be a shame to see you go.

Gino! The few times ive talked to you at larrys house and the time i met you at nats i could instantly tell you were a stand up guy. GL with your future and i hope you find your way back to pokemon!

Martin, to say that he bragged about it is wrong.

Yes, Khanh accepted the win, but it doesn't mean that he was proud of it and bragged. He just called a judge, nothing more. So don't accuse Khanh unless he did something with Gino's deck.

LOL, I remember seeing Kahn after you got the game loss. I swear the kid looked so proud and was literally bragging to Jason on how he won. Totally lame.

I told Jason K how I won, but i didn't braggged about it. I was happy to be close to the top cut, not to win on Game Loss. Unless you can proove it, then you can mind your own business. "Kid"

Ok, unless I'm overruled by an admin, I think it's time to close this thread due to the constant bickering and back and forth etc. Thanks everyone for posting, but .... click.

I'll overrule.
The game loss was a tough thing and I'm taking as much, if not more, heat as anyone else over it, so I think I can gauge if things are getting out of line.
Keep the discussion respectful and we can continue.

Gino, it was nice meeting you last Friday (I was the new guy playing the deck you wanted to make and asked me how I got all my cards, lol). I really hope you continue to attend the league on Fridays and don't mind if I ask you for advice on my deck and possible misplays. Hopefully see you in few days.

I told Jason K how I won, but i didn't braggged about it. I was happy to be close to the top cut, not to win on Game Loss. Unless you can proove it, then you can mind your own business. "Kid"

I won't hijack Gino's thread to argue with you but I stood right there next to Jason when you walked up and retold the tale of spirit of the game and how you were mighty and noble telling the judge on him. I don't have to "prove" anything. My words as good as gold.

I won't hijack Gino's thread to argue with you but I stood right there next to Jason when you walked up and retold the tale of spirit of the game and how you were mighty and noble telling the judge on him. I don't have to "prove" anything. My words as good as gold.

Martin's word is better than gold. It's platinum good.
As for the people talking smack about Gino, watch him play in the Ruby/Sapphire days when he was just beginning to play and see the progress he's made since then is remarkable. And *gulps* Yes he has earned his way up to one of the top tiers of players in this game.

Whole this sleeve situation is such a shame...
I think the rules about "marked sleeves" have to change. At least they must specify when exactly there must be a DQ or a game loss, because at this moment the rules are confusing and not always fair to everyone.
Like this story... This doesn't seem fair to me.

Martin's word is better than gold. It's platinum good.
As for the people talking smack about Gino, watch him play in the Ruby/Sapphire days when he was just beginning to play and see the progress he's made since then is remarkable. And *gulps* Yes he has earned his way up to one of the top tiers of players in this game.

Kind of like the gold and diamonds that glisten on my fingers :)

Hey man! You need to play at least one more year! I haven't played you in a tournament yet and I want to so you gotta play another year. Good report though.

-Tavish Ferris

Back