Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Werewolf XI ENDGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
4f 76 65 72 20 6d 61 6e 79 20 61 20 71 75 61 69 6e 74 20 61 6e 64 20 63 75 72 69 6f 75 73 20 76 6f 6c 75 6d 65 20 6f 66 20 66 6f 72 67 6f 74 74 65 6e 20 6c 6f 72 65

When I said you assisted with his roleclaim, I didnt mean that you did it today.

Seriously, Thinking a bit about the way Cardz operates, it would not suprise me at all if he asked one of the wolves to help him sell this role idea preemptively. Ala, " Hey Pikamaster, would you mind making a post about the possibility of my Angry-Pointy Finger being a role induced action? kthnxbye" and the post I was specifically talking about was post number 217...ala

It seemed suspicious to me that you would randomly state something that was obvious...that it might be a role induced action....when like 1/4 or more of the game people had something similar. The suspiciousness is in that he is a wolf and tried to use the angry pointy finger that you "noticed" as part of a fake role to stay alive. The defensiveness that I noted was also in that post when you stated that you didn't think that rokman was a wolf. I find it to be apparent that you do not think of someone as a wolf when you don't vote for them, but when you come out and state it like that it is more reminiscent of a wolf, who knows that such a person is not a wolf and thusly likely a Townie, stating as such to seem innocent of shedding village blood.

I am not saying that you are vote-worthy, I am saying that you are at the moment more suspicious...basically making you a target for a seer or roleblocker, to see if they can get your alignment.

Ug, I pointed it out because that's when noticed the other things in people's posts. And I have a very good reason for not voting for someone I don't think is a wolf, I'd just rather not say it yet. If you feel the need, to See me, please do it, I might be able to compensate for that.

Vote: Cardzmaster

Reason: Possibly the Alpha WW, hoping that Lil Magma didn't lie about his role...

OK, looks like my role is going to be ousted here...

(Before anyone says anything, I am not quoting anything directly from my role and am paraphrasing to avoid being modkilled. this is acceptable under current rules.)

As Lucario EX noted, I do have a posting restriction placed on my role. However, it does not end there. Every time I vote, I must point an Angry Pointy Finger at someone (and, yes, that's the exact phrasiology in my role). During the night, I become a reflection of that person and any roles that target me will behave as if I had that role. In other words, my role is the Reflector.

So, last night I pointed at rokman, who died. Shouldn't I come up as an Indie? Well, no. When someone is dead, I can't reflect them (they're not there to be a reflection). My role then bounces back to the last person I chose to reflect. I actually had to go back and check this. The last time I targeted someone during a voting session was when I chose z-man on Day 1.

Ikrit, the reason I chose to post as I did in the last day was 1) I had JUST gotten back from a vacation and didn't have time to go super in-depth on the post and 2) IFF (with two, that means "if, and only if") he had an ability to kill the last person to vote for him, I didn't want to be that person. With the Reflector role, I am given a hint as to how I feel during the night (and not told explicitly). I had a hunch from what I was told z-man was the Wolf, but had no clue he would end up being this game's Alpha.

And the way the Wolves have been killing make sense if z-man is the Alpha. They chose a VERY non-descriptive and seemingly random threat Night 1 that, according to z-man, had a spotty past with him:

I think I now can see that "IDC" means "i DO care". The one and ONLY reason for gash to be such a high priority is if one of the Wolves had a vendetta against him. We see that realized here. And, since z-man would be the Alpha Wolf, he picked up on our hints Day 2 to lynch a more experienced player and chose the winner of WW X to kill as his first "real" victim.

In other words, we baited the trap and caught the Wolf.

I wanted to keep my role secret for at LEAST a few days more, but things have not worked out to that end. Right now, I honestly feel a bit worried about another specific player,s o they're getting the pointy finger tonight. No more being cute and fun with this role.

VOTE: z-man
Angry Pointy Finger: MadHatter (for long posts with little/no depth, similar to Rai's post at me)

Rai, I hope this helps explain why I've been posting incognito for a bit. As a pseudo-Seer/Detective, I wanted to keep the role under wraps. Also, I hope this explains why I'm not a Werewolf.

Also, as a final FYI before I go to bed (I have my first day of teaching this year starting tomorrow!!! YAYES!!!), if the Priest chooses to block a role with an ability, it keeps any abilities from coming in or going out. So if you choose to protect your Detective, they can't get an investigation out. Keep this in mind (we had this issue when I was an Espeon in the last game and only got ONE investigation out of the evolution b/c I had to drive the game discussion).

Paz a todo,

~Cardz.

I'm sorry Cardz, but epic fail is epic.

This has all been done before. Trying to get someone to believe a reflector role when NO logical mod would put a meaningless role like that into the game is just too much. If you had any chance to survive this, it's gone now.

There's only one reason why you've not been voted out yet. The town has great respect for you, you're the one who brought the Werewolf game to the Gym, and the 'noobies' follow your posts. However, this game, you haven't helped the town, and I'd rather vote off a veteran than guess that "three wolves" are ganging up on you early on in the game.

VOTE: CARDZMASTER2004

I’m sorry Cardz, but this is defiantly a foul up on your part. It’s painfully obvious you are a wolf.

1.) I had many discussions with you after I died in your last game about my usage of this EXACT SAME TRICK (see Sandslash7’s post above me.) You told me how you really were impressed with the idea.

2.) Let’s be honest, the role is waaaaaaaay to similar to my fake role to be a coincidence.

3. The seer has you pinned.

The other thing is that, Cardz being a wolf is quite possibly the scariest thing in the game. Not only is he probably one of the most skilled and cunning players there is, but he is also one of the most trusted as a townie who usually saves the day. If he is indeed a wolf, and we let him live, we might as well mod kill ourselves cause the game is lost.

Think about it. Cardz is GOOD at the game. Not only that, but he is trusted enough that he could get away with dang near anything. If Cardz EXPECTED to be targeted to be lynched, as he is every game, he could not fall back on his normal, “I am a townie/seer/important player role.” So he had to create one. He realized early on that there were a lot of talking roles and faked one (AKA Angry Finger) that he could use a crutch later on once he was targeted. However I think everyone has learned what happens when we DON’T trust the seer. AKA my game when I tricked the town into believing I was a townie and got them to lynch the seer.

Worst case scenario, we kill a townie and then kill Magma, either way we get a wolf.

VOTE: CARDZMASTER

Excellent work you guys and well played. I'm not needed to further the game anymore and this is going to be really interesting to watch. Good luck to all!

~Cardz.

PS. z-man, no hard feelings, eh?

UNVOTE: z-man
VOTE: Self
(Reason: Heck yes, I'm the Alpha.)

I wanted to point something out about Pikamaster. Note how is he voting for Cardzmaster2004. Like Ikrit said, he is looking quite suspicious at the moment. The fact that Pikamaster is voting for the Alpha does not mean that he is not a wolf. Rather, this could be a sort-of "abandon ship"-like action. I'm not saying Pikamaster is a wolf, but I am telling the town to keep their eyes on him. In fact, I recommend that Lil_Magma look into Pikamaster's role.

One, Priest, completely disregard Lil Magma's Post. Absoltrainers assertion about only being able to hit the same person with the same role twice in a row is not posted anywhere in the rules whatsoever.

You are to PROTECT LIL MAGMA.

Two, Lil Magma, you are to attempt to seer Absoltrainer. However you should not be able to seer him, as the Priest should in no circumstances not protect you, ala you should not be able to use your role.

Absoltrainer is at the moment the most suspicious person. The reason for this is that he had been very active on the forum after cardz had posted his fake role claim. As such I have no doubt that he did in fact see it. If he had, and he was a townie, he would have immediately pounced on such a clear plagiarism of his fake role he used last game.

Also, I think that the only reason why cardz thought he could get away with his carte blanche copy of Absol's role was that Absol was in fact not going to accuse him as absol himself was a wolf. Besides this fact, Absol also posted after the seer had pointed out cardz, and had seen the seer's accusation. Yet a "veteran" and past-mod did not vote for the clearly seer-fingered accusation? Furthermore in his post 264 he argues that basically the only thing that can be done is kill him, and yet, he doesn't vote against him. Far too suspicious.

On that note however Cardz has reached the number of votes for a lynch. Game is frozen. Day is over. Post and risk Modkill

'On that note however Cardz has reached the number of votes for a lynch. Game is frozen. Day is over. Post and risk Modkill"

No you

Sorry for not checking this out sooner. I had stuff I needed to take care of.

Well it just so happens that the townspeople lynched Cardzmaster2004, and what a lucky guess. He is the Hypocrite, the alpha Werewolf. He is the guy who survived the Earthquakes in NY, only to be cursed. Now, he's lynched, and here is his role:

Shellshock929 said:
1. The Hypocrite(Alpha Werewolf)(Cardzmaster2004)
You are the hypocrite. You are the leader of the Werewolves. You were the person who survived the Earthquake in New York city, only for you to be cursed as the Alpha Werewolf. You are required to act really nice to everyone, and when someone gets killed at night, you pretend that you care for those people.

Each night, you communicate with the other wolves, and ONLY YOU can PM me which player dies that night.

WIN CONDITION: Werewolves win.

With that said, the Wolves are now leaderless, and they're going to figure out what's going to happen next. Let Night 3 Begin.

It seems that most of you posted after the limit has been reached, so I'm going to warn all of you not to do it again for now, because I didn't catch it in time. The next person who does such will either be Modkilled.

Night 3 ends on September 1st, 2009, or until I get all Roles.

So apparently, someone snuck out of their room at night, because they couldn't sleep. He was around the main lobby, only to find the werewolves about to attack him; HOWEVER, A Glowing light surrounds him, and the wolves backed away...but that's not to say that nobody died that night. Someone indeed died, due to inactivity. That person being Brawler1624. Here is his role:

Shellshock929 said:
Rock Star (Townie) (Brawler1624)
You are the Rock Star. You love playing your guitar at night to attract people, for the love of music. You are laid back, and free spirited, so no negativity gets in your way.

You are a townsperson who holds a special item that can only be activated at Night 4 if you aren't lynched/killed. With this item, you can PM me one person still living by that time and they can't vote on that day.

Win Condition: Town Wins

Now I'll say this. Yes, I should be warning people ahead of time, but in this case, it will be the only exception. Next time, if you don't post at all for a particular day, and you don't respond to me, then you will be modkilled.

Now tglilly responded to me about quitting this game, so with that said, I randomly handpicked the replacement. The person who gets to be the replacement is DukeFirebird. I will PM him his role shortly. With that said, there are now 19 left, so 10 votes take the majority. I'm going to speed things up this time, and Day 4 ends on Saturday September 4th at 11:59PM EST or until the majority votes are decided.

Best of luck!

Legotack and Jameswilliams, since you aren't playing, please refrain from posting. If you have any questions, PM Me.

Last edited:
Ok I feel I need to respond to Ikrit’s post about me, and to Ikrit in general.
I am really concerned about Ikrit. He got extremely aggressive real quickly.
He seems to be acting a lot like Cardz. Saying, he KNEW that Lil Magma was the seer, and attempting to get everyone on the town on his side.

4f 76 65 72 20 6d 61 6e 79 20 61 20 71 75 61 69 6e 74 20 61 6e 64 20 63 75 72 69 6f 75 73 20 76 6f 6c 75 6d 65 20 6f 66 20 66 6f 72 67 6f 74 74 65 6e 20 6c 6f 72 65

This Number thing is suspicious, but I’ll get to that later.

Seriously, Thinking a bit about the way Cardz operates, it would not suprise me at all if he asked one of the wolves to help him sell this role idea preemptively. Ala, " Hey Pikamaster, would you mind making a post about the possibility of my Angry-Pointy Finger being a role induced action? kthnxbye" and the post I was specifically talking about was post number 217...ala

Here he attacks Pikamaster, who if I am correct only just questioned Lil Magma who ended up being the seer. Ikrit what reason did you attack Pikamaster for? Did I miss something?

One, Priest, completely disregard Lil Magma's Post. Absoltrainers assertion about only being able to hit the same person with the same role twice in a row is not posted anywhere in the rules whatsoever.

OK let me clarifly here. When I posted that there was a rule about using your role on the same person twice, I was referring to the RULES that both myself and Cardmaster used in all of our games. The rule is not a defined rule, but is a suggested one on the Mafia Role website. It was also used during shellshocker’s first game. It’s not a written rule. That being said, it is a rule that I know myself, Cardz, and several other mods have used in the past. So it is possible that you CAN use your role on the same person more then once in a row. TBH only Shellshocker could answer that.

Absoltrainer is at the moment the most suspicious person. The reason for this is that he had been very active on the forum after cardz had posted his fake role claim. As such I have no doubt that he did in fact see it. If he had, and he was a townie, he would have immediately pounced on such a clear plagiarism of his fake role he used last game.

So wait, because I am online and active in the forum, I have to have seen Cardz post and had to post it? This is horrible logic, I have other things to do other then post on Pokegym. I would get online while at work and look at the gym, but I didn’t post anywhere on the site. Attempting to say that because I did not post right away means I am a wolf seems like you are just reaching for reasons.

Also, I think that the only reason why cardz thought he could get away with his carte blanche copy of Absol's role was that Absol was in fact not going to accuse him as absol himself was a wolf. Besides this fact, Absol also posted after the seer had pointed out cardz, and had seen the seer's accusation. Yet a "veteran" and past-mod did not vote for the clearly seer-fingered accusation? Furthermore in his post 264 he argues that basically the only thing that can be done is kill him, and yet, he doesn't vote against him. Far too suspicious.

So wait, because I didn’t jump on the Cardz bandwagon RIGHT AWAY means I am a wolf too? You say that because I say that we should just kill Cardz instead of attempt to role block him over and over. I said that because complicated strats like that do not have 100% success rates. Let’s say that for some reason blocking one role did not stop the wolf kill. I figured that a straight kill was better then beating around the bush. I didn’t vote because I’ve been overly cautious this game. I was very gung ho last game and it got me killed. As such I will not be the first or last person to vote for someone, and I like to wait until I am absolutely sure that someone is a threat before I act against them. I voted for Cardz after I saw he made an obvious version of my fake role.

Also, as it is likely I will die tonight, seeing as I believe that the seer protected me last night, but has greater interests at stake tonight *cough* Lil Magma *cough* I will put out my "un-suspicious" and "suspicious" List for digestion after I die. This one is a premlinary one based simply off of cardz's postings, later in the day, I hope to have enough time to rework the entire thread again and make a more complete one.

Now this post is VERY suspicious.
First note the lack of numbers. This is the second time this has happened. It also happened in post 258. Also he says that the seer protected him last night. The only way he would know this, is if he had a role blocked. Do you mean to tell me Ikrit that you have a night role AND a speaking role. No other person of the three speaking role people who have died has had both a night and a talking role. IMO he is lying about his talking role. Would that not make sense if BOTH he and Cardz had the exact same strat. Fake a talking role that could be used as a last chance crutch later on?

So that being said I believe Ikrit is a serious threat. He saw an opportunity to make himself look good by helping to get rid of Cardz, and thus made an agreement with Cardz to make it look like he wanted him dead to make him look better. This is the only conclusion I can come to. I firmly beleive that the faulty logic he is using, his convenient timing when suddenly starting to post, his seeminly perfect knowledge on why Cardz is a wolf, his mistake in showing his numbers speaking role is fake, and his aggressive behavior are proof enough for me.

VOTE: IKRIT

I see no reason to go after Ikrit, as he has been an asset to the town. The numbers thing is not of concern to me, as seemingly everyone was doing some weird thing in their posts. Seems like a wolfy-like technique to go after one of the stronger players in the game on little basis.

Vote: Undecided, for now.

And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a ballroom blitz!

Angry finger point: Absol trainer
Vote: Undecided

Alrighty, since it IS day 4, I think its finally time to say this...
"I claim the magic ball!" (...the...one that no one has heard of)

...Right. Day4 discussion. I feel like Ikrit is more assuming that the priest has been protecting him because he's not dead. This certainly is NOT the first time he's made a statement about expecting to be dead. Although I do agree about this: Speak restrictions only seem to be on vanilla townies, meaning logic is the only way Ikrit could determine someone's role (which is far from certain before yesterday's revelations :/)
And before we call for chaos, Lil Magma, mind sharing results of seer-ing? (...assuming you weren't role blocked via Priest <_<)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back