Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US NAtionals Coverage thread, see post 264 for more posted pics

Sorry, I just thought it was a very disrespectful thing to say about the deck and the player that made the final.

Been told to calm down by a mod, so I don't really want to get into an off-topic argument with you, but I will just point out that 'fun' is a matter of opinion, and you utterly failed to explain HOW some decks take take more skill than Luxchomp.

Sorry for not bringing that up. Netdeck my Kingdra list and you'll likely lose miserably. By "fun" I meant when I have asked Luxchomp players if they enjoy playing the deck they have said no, and no one I have ever talked to enjoys playing Luxchomp whether they win or lose.

It was only a matter of time I suppose before Luxchomp got the inevitable MARIO (Machamp/Lucario) comparison...

All I'm gonna say is all decks take some degree of skill to use, even if it's the simplest of strategies.

Anyways, grats to all the winners!

Ian W of Washington lost in T16. - Jrs. Congradulations Ian, you really did awesome. You everyone at Phoenix Games Gym is very proud of you. I am sure you be very successful at Worlds this year as well.

Nice job Ian! Very good job there, man.

congrats to Michael D. for winning Seniors and Spencer B. for going 14-1 in seniors and getting 2nd!

From my experience sampling it, it's not fun to play at all. It easily beats other decks even when I make obvious mistakes. A netdecked Luxchomp can likely beat many experienced players. As for getting "owned" by Luxchomp, I do usually lose to Luxchomp seeing as I play Kingdra. But in my experiences where I'm not donked, I have beaten Luxchomp. I think there are decks that are harder to play well and actually demand practice, and I would have liked to have seen those win. And Luxchomp players being all better than me is ridiculous, since victory with Luxchomp tends to be because of the deck rather than the player. Of course there are exceptions and people who practice and tweak Luxchomp constantly. I am just experssing my views that from my experience, other decks are funner to play and play against as well as demand more skill, and I would've rather have seen something like that win. If you disagree, so be it.

If it easily beats everything, regardless of misplays, how come it didn't win or even dominate this Nationals? If you win easily playing Luxchomp with misplays, yet reguarly beat Luxchomp with other decks then maybe you're playing against people with a lower skill level which unfairly reflects the deck's difficulty?

IMO Luxchomp Mirror takes alot of skill to win and is one of the hardest games you can play, as opposed to Jumpluff Mirror ( Not an SP deck ) which is just a lottery.

I understand why alot of people dislike Luxchomp and SP in general, and it's valid points. But you can't say that SP has reduced the skill needed to win at this game.

I don't think we saw one?

Just heard attendence numbers from sources over at Facebook and twitter.

826 masters

300 seniors

210 juniors

1336 total

0n3 5h0r7 0f 1337, d4n9. :[ (one short of 1337, dang)

Just amazing that to this day Nats is still one of the TOP tournaments in the country. Go POKEMON!!!:thumb:

he played tyranitar, and probably lost to it as well seeing as Aaron C. beat heim first round of top cuts

Sorry for not bringing that up. Netdeck my Kingdra list and you'll likely lose miserably. By "fun" I meant when I have asked Luxchomp players if they enjoy playing the deck they have said no, and no one I have ever talked to enjoys playing Luxchomp whether they win or lose.

Actually, the only reason I decided to play LuxChomp is because it's super fun to play. It reminds me a lot of my favorite deck of all time: MetaNite. I almost didn't play it because I don't like to play the popular choice, but I went easy on myself this time.

Since when does Luxchomp require skill? :confused:

When you have to play the mirror 6 times, a Kingdra/Machamp, a Kingdra/Donphan, a Donphan Swarm, a straight Machamp, a GG/AMU (lock), and a ton of those decks with the REL threat in them, I think it's safe to say that I played as skillfully as I possibly could. I didn't donk any of the decks with Machamp or Donphan in them either.

Whew, my brain's fffrrriiiiieeedddd...

In any event, thanks to the kind things people said on here. I appreciate it! :thumb:

From my experience sampling it, it's not fun to play at all. It easily beats other decks even when I make obvious mistakes. A netdecked Luxchomp can likely beat many experienced players. As for getting "owned" by Luxchomp, I do usually lose to Luxchomp seeing as I play Kingdra. But in my experiences where I'm not donked, I have beaten Luxchomp. I think there are decks that are harder to play well and actually demand practice, and I would have liked to have seen those win. And Luxchomp players being all better than me is ridiculous, since victory with Luxchomp tends to be because of the deck rather than the player. Of course there are exceptions and people who practice and tweak Luxchomp constantly. I am just experssing my views that from my experience, other decks are funner to play and play against as well as demand more skill, and I would've rather have seen something like that win. If you disagree, so be it.

I really agree with that It's more with deck set-up (luxchomp)than skill .

"And Luxchomp players being all better than me is ridiculous, since victory with Luxchomp tends to be because of the deck rather than the player."

Yes, because as soon as a deck is established as good, it no longer matters who plays it. Totally. LuxChomp is in my opinion a horrible deck. there isn't synergy. it's just a massive pool of ways to prevent having to do anythign but take cheap prizes and donks. Oh well. When you don't get the T1 Garchomp C X and your opponent begins settign up, the deck loses its auto-pilot function and you are on your own again. That's where the player comes abck into play. Not like Gyarados needs any more skill to play, ditch 3 Karps with Sableye, use Tail Revenge/PokeMon Rescue/SSU for the rest of the game.

Anyway, nice to see that Sable, and from the sounds of it not a standard Sablelock deck, was able to show up all those big Luxrays and take a nats :D

Back