Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6 Corners: An In Depth Look

Playing and purporting this deck, I feel it's the Dialga G of this format. It has even match ups and play skill combined with proper build will determine win/loss records. I love this deck because it has that. It has no "auto-loss" and I've come back from some ridic disadvantages to steal wins. You live and die by your techs and your experience.

oh yes because someone playing 6c is automatically going to sac there opponent into getting a horrible start

btw iv never seen a magnazone eel deck not get t2 zone double eel

I ran an Eel deck out of resources into a win. There's always bad draw/weak draws, and 6 corners loves to punish those draws.

Interesting Magnezone matchup. I've played against some 6 Corners decks before, and my usual strategy ends up being "kill the Pokemon with the Rainbow energies", which tends to fare pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdJTeeZqUSM&feature=youtu.be

Will upload more as I play them, but I have the list in there card for card.

Why did you choose Zekrom over Shaymin t1?

Why did you bench Shaymin at 4:16?

Benching Terrakion at 5:38? luckily, your opponent misplayed by dragging up Zekrom over Terrakion. If he had brought up Terrakion, you would've been in trouble at least for a turn or so. Why he didn't retreat into Vileplume that same turn I have no idea either, but hey! Like I said, 6 Corners makes your opponent misplay a lot more than usual!

Well played. This video is a great example of how Virizion is a viable sweeper. Thank you very much for the contribution, and I hope you can play some more games and upload them! You really did great man!

I am very gracious :biggrin:

First off, if you don't get why you need 4 virizion then you wil have to have an epiphany. And obviously most of you have played against horrible 6C players who couldnt run the deck. ZEM is a even match up, disrupt early with virizion then catcher up stuff and make bad situations, and if they get one shot you, drop terrakion, switch revenge for KO
Posted with Mobile style...

That was my first time playing the deck, honestly. I'm just kind of running with it. I was afraid of discarding the shaymin, as I've never been the type to like using juniper, tbh.

That was my first time playing the deck, honestly. I'm just kind of running with it. I was afraid of discarding the shaymin, as I've never been the type to like using juniper, tbh.

You played it very well. Don't worry about Discarding 1 Shaymin, although avoid discarding it unless you basically have to. Super Rod is in the deck for a reason :thumb:

great job again btw

Really?

I mean, really, really, REALLY?

That means every single time you have seen Zone/Eel in action, they have been able to Bench a minimum of 2 Tynamo, 1 Magnemite T1 and been able to get 2 Eel in hand PLUS Zone, PLUS Candy on T2. Every single time. I find that stretches credibility a little too far. Either

a) you are exaggerating

b) you haven't seen many matches

or

c) you have been watching people stack their deck.

Last edited:
Playing and purporting this deck, I feel it's the Dialga G of this format. It has even match ups and play skill combined with proper build will determine win/loss records. I love this deck because it has that. It has no "auto-loss" and I've come back from some ridic disadvantages to steal wins. You live and die by your techs and your experience.

Actually this deck reminds me more of SP Tech decks. You can't know for sure what's in any given player's deck.

I do feel that Durant is by far this decks worst matchup for some of the reasons listed above about Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover. In fact that in turn points out 6 corner's biggest weakness overall ... without energy acceleration it's horribly vulnerable to stuff that can get rid of it's energy, be that trainers or smart players who catcher up the stuff with rainbows and KO it. It's a great deck, and I got burned by it at my last CC due to insufficient testing against it ahead of time ... but like anything else there are ways for many decks to counter it.

Thanks for posting, solid article.

oh yes because someone playing 6c is automatically going to sac there opponent into getting a horrible start

Why do I have to hit for 40? Why can't I attach somewhere else and double draw again, waiting for you to get a zone out for me to catcher and ko with terrakion?

And that second part just took away any credibility you had.

you guys are exadratting your automatically saying that in matchups you get your ideal start with everything and your opponent doesn't get what they need.

Ok ok, lets calm it on down here people. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that everybody has bad starts, everybody has god starts, and it's pretty pointless to say things like 'Yea, but that doesn't work when you get a bad start!' unless you're referancing that a deck has general consistancy problems.

Shall we continue the conversation in pointing out the fight mechanics of this decks matchups rather than what happens when a player gets a bad start and loses? :D (Leaning towards the off topic yes?)

-DST

Don't forget Spinarak. It makes Ross (except Machamp variant), Goth, and Chandy/Plume match ups a near auto-win.

Uhhhm. I can't say i see that one. ChandyPlume I suppose, i dont play it so i don't know what other options it would have, Gothitelle....are there still Gothitelle? As far as Ross, no. They can still set up a Reuiniclus and damage swap Rainbow energy damage to KO any trapped baby and then the game continues, except that they get to use a Twins that turn. Not to say its bad, but if you are playing it to beat Chandelure, i feel Absol would fit the spot better.

Uhhhm. I can't say i see that one. ChandyPlume I suppose, i dont play it so i don't know what other options it would have, Gothitelle....are there still Gothitelle? As far as Ross, no. They can still set up a Reuiniclus and damage swap Rainbow energy damage to KO any trapped baby and then the game continues, except that they get to use a Twins that turn. Not to say its bad, but if you are playing it to beat Chandelure, i feel Absol would fit the spot better.

Yeah, I would agree that Spinarak gives you auto win if Chandy uses a baby Pokemon. Other than that, it doesn't help at all. Ross can use rainbow and no one uses goth anymore. Surprisingly from my testing though, absol just does not work at all. I mean, maybe I was using it wrong, but it always seemed like if I put it down before it was ready to attack, it would get easily killed, and if I were saving it with shaymin, it would get N'ed.

Back