Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Red Genesect box contents revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyla, Bangle, and Catcher, oh my! I'm sold. It's hard to see the foil on the energies, but it looks fairly subtle. I'll stick with my Emerald ones. ^.^ A very nice-looking product, regardless.

Wow, a trainer line that doesn't totally suck in a prepackaged deck. Amazing!

In seriousness, this is a pretty cool product, and honestly it's a really good deal for $20, considering the price RH Catchers have tended to go for, not to mention the rest of the RH cards.

I admit, however, that I'm kinda disappointed the actual Pokemon in the deck are all terrible. I'd love to get a semi-competitive type of deck product someday.

Nothing new other than the Red Genesect promo = I'm not interested. :(

Although, whoa, BW99? They're going to have to go insane releasing promos before XY gets here to fill in all the gaps in the numbering.

I was slightly disappointed at Red Genesect being the only new card in the Deck and also that the deck box holds unsleeved cards. Still even if all the card are PB reverses (except for Genesect) and even if the contents are almost the same the Mind Wipe Genesect deck, which I already have it's still worth the money IMO. Those great trainers and reverse energies. I've pretty much completed my PB collection but I am missing a few reverse holos and half the Ultra Rares. I have some of these reverse cards but the a few of the reverse trainers I will be happy to add to my collection, the others will look good in rows of 3 in my binder. I wish they had at least 1 more of each energy, the only really terrible cards are the Porygon line (man I have so many of those) but they are reverse so it's not all bad. Mine is arriving next week but I'm leaving home and won't be back until Christmas really so I look forward to opening it when I return or pop back home for a visit. Hopefully I get something good from the PB booster (like an ultra rare or one of the few remaining reverses I don't have).

This is overall a good product, great for topping up our PB collections. Only real issue being that the deckbox fits unsleeved cards. Meh I'll use it to keep my decksworth of unused code-cards then, the nice reverses can go in my PB binder. They could have done 2 PB packs instead of 1 and a PS but I guess they wanted the variety.

Red Genesect being promo BW99 should be a good thing then, it seems to be another reverse promo and there aren't many of those. 13 Promos left before BW99, only 12 if LT promo Mew is one of those and Red Genesect is the last promo (numberwise). The Legendary Dragons of Unova Collection promos could be BW96-98 if they aren't just older promos bringing remaining promo's count down to 9. That should allow us to get plenty of promo products between now and XY. I assume all the XY starter promos are XY promos.

Of course the fact that there's so many promo slots open has my mind ticking with possibilities. Could those eight spots in the middle be for the Eeveelution Pokemon Center promos (except the Pokemon Center one because meh)??? In reality it'll probably be something anticlimactic. :O

Talk about a MAJOR price drop in Catcher! What a great product! This reminds me of the HGSS trainer kits. Definitely a GREAT option for beginners. Nice job Pokemon!

^ catcher already dropped since last set, and was in the PB theme deck, this just makes some of the trainer cards easier to get.

Great buy for $20.

The secondary market does not like this at all. A great buy for 20 bucks. Buy 3 of these and your set. Still suck the TPCi still cant make good theme decks but the trainers are what you want.

Hold up a second.

By "good" theme decks, what do we mean?

Japan's theme decks are, in reality, not competitive, they just have good cards.

There are definitely some good cards here for a very good price. Where's the complaint exactly?

Some kind of synergy and not just random stuff plus Genosect. It helps new players want to build up the starter.

Well hopefully the League store has them on Sunday.
This looks pretty cool.

Will help me out as far as good trainers go, and bling out some of my decks.

With the purchase of two of these, you have a full set of Catcher and several other good cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back