Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Human effects on global warming.

Wow. Talk about a straw man argument.
Equating Global Warming to Eugenics and then to Genocide which means that supporters of the theories of Global Warming are Nazis.

Well played. Well played.

So, Gore is Hilter, I take it?

Same fear tactics.
Same primary motive ($$$).
Same power struggle.
Same blend of science and politics.

...different generation. :eek:

If you followed the link (to the source article), you would have known the conclusion to this "warning". Sorry I didn't post the whole thing originally, but it's rather long.

I am not arguing that global warming is the same as eugenics. But the similarities are not superficial. And I do claim that open and frank discussion of the data, and of the issues, is being suppressed. Leading scientific journals have taken strong editorial positions of the side of global warming, which, I argue, they have no business doing. Under the circumstances, any scientist who has doubts understands clearly that they will be wise to mute their expression.

One proof of this suppression is the fact that so many of the outspoken critics of global warming are retired professors. These individuals are no longer seeking grants, and no longer have to face colleagues whose grant applications and career advancement may be jeopardized by their criticisms.

[...]

That is the danger we now face. And this is why the intermixing of science and politics is a bad combination, with a bad history. We must remember the history, and be certain that what we present to the world as knowledge is disinterested and honest.

I'm not convinced that Al Gore's motives are "disinterested and honest". (wow, is that an understatement) It's very hard to believe the enviro-evangelist's sincerity. And it's very obvious why this "sky is falling" (e.g. end of the world) argument is starting to crescendo right between election cycles.

Have you purchased your "carbon offsets" today, to make up for driving your car or having a light bulb?

Should we brace ourselves for a global tax on the internet to pay for "prevention programs"? :smile:

Last edited:
I watched the Democratic parties debate a few nights ago. They were talking about boycotting the Olympics because China was buying oil from the Middle East. I literally stopped watching there:nonono:

I agree with a lot of your points, but I think the above needs clarification.
I didn't see the debate, but I think what people were objecting to is China buying it's oil from the Sudan.
You know, the country that's currently engaged in genocide.
China is going so far as to block UN actions to help stop that genocide.
Personally, I'm disgusted that we're not doing more to stop what's going on there. 4 years of wringing our hands and saying "please, please, stop killing every non-arab man woman and child in your country".

So it's not just "the middle east". We'd have to boycott ourselves too, then. Hope that helps clarify why that is a valid issue.

Sorry about that Pop, I thought I was missing something.

Now what I don't get is why we have to police the world. Great Brittan didn't interfere like we are doing now when we were killing Native Americans( :'( ), or the French, Spanish, or Dutch. Yes, it is a shame that a Genocide is happening, but I don't think we should use our military to fight a war that isn't ours. I think private donations to fund the anti-genocide side would be very sufficient. I would donate, and I know a lot of other people who would too.

However it is rather unust of China trying to stop someone else from helping, I agree with that, but my best guess to their motive is that they are not rich enough to afford other means of power(on a massive scale that is) other then oil, which right now seems like a pretty poor reason.

Why did I choose this planet to live on :(

For years the US has been the largest consumer of oil and as a result it’s been the country with the biggest access to the various countries that sell it. However that’s changing now. As China and India both modernize their demand for oil is skyrocketing. All three countries see access to oil as vital to their national economic interests, but it’s America that has the largest number of existing deals in place with most respectable countries. So China, and to a lesser extent, India have had to go elsewhere, to countries that the US doesn’t deal with for one reason or another.

They see it to be in their own interest to keep potential competitors, read the US, out and thus don’t want us to meddle with Sudan.

Anyway America can’t police the world. It’s just not possible. But morality does play a role. That whole “With great power comes great responsibility,” thing. Both internally and externally some folks see it as the role of the countries with the most power to exercise that power for the good of the world at large ... and it’s actually to our own benefit to do so as well from time to time.

Morality?

With a lot of issues, people can disagree, but here pretty much everyone would say this is a very bad thing...

...Didn't I mention private donations from the people around the world instead of sending an entire army to kill thousands if not millions of people?

I hear there is a lot of killing going on in Iran and Iraq right now, maybe we should stop that...

...oh yeah, we kinda started all of that, wouldn't we be mad if Russia started to attack us? Or any other countrey for that matter?

I am all for morality, just not government morality. Let the people of the world donate money, not politicians.

Infernape

Infernape's sharp increase in popularity is obviously to blame for the temperature rise. And just wait till OP breaks into the Chinese market -- 500 million kids playing fire decks: we're doomed!

Infernape's sharp increase in popularity is obviously to blame for the temperature rise. And just wait till OP breaks into the Chinese market -- 500 million kids playing fire decks: we're doomed!

No...It was FLaridos that started all this Global Warming....Darn Evolutionary Flame....Now Infernape is coming in to finish the job.....Wheres a Blastoise when you need one???

I have figured out a way to stop Global Warming....Either get a Giant Dome that will cover the world and put in a couple of Air Conditioners....It would keep us cool....some areas would have a heater. No...that wouldn't cost too much....Maybe a few bucks is all it would cost...:lol::lol:

I have figured out a way to stop Global Warming....Either get a Giant Dome that will cover the world and put in a couple of Air Conditioners....It would keep us cool....some areas would have a heater. No...that wouldn't cost too much....Maybe a few bucks is all it would cost...:lol::lol:
I think I saw a stadium in the DP2 spoiler thread that does exactly that..

Ahem, I believe Charizard is the culprit here. You can only have so many pokemon with their tails constantly lit before it starts affecting the world...

I am all for morality, just not government morality. Let the people of the world donate money, not politicians.
What I'm saying is that I'm sure people would be glad to see the government take a stand and use the military in this situation.

I'm just thinking that it might be nice if the world's most powerful military did something blatantly good. *shrug*

Ahem, I believe Charizard is the culprit here. You can only have so many pokemon with their tails constantly lit before it starts affecting the world...
Let's face it -- the real issue here [politically and economically] is not climate change, it's energy consumption.

With that said, I think the answer is obviously very simple.. Stay away from Pokemon that eat up a great deal of energy (like Steelix ex). All of the new cards that have energy-free attacks are a good starting point.

Let's face it -- the real issue here [politically and economically] is not climate change, it's energy consumption.

With that said, I think the answer is obviously very simple.. Stay away from Pokemon that eat up a great deal of energy (like Steelix ex). All of the new cards that have energy-free attacks are a good starting point.

Alright!!!!!
We get it....pokemon are the cuz....It was funy at 1st but dang...Stop the spam over the same thing...

Global Warming is here IMO...I mean the facts just prove that...No I am not going to explain that because I careless....I don't care about many peoples opinions are on the subject of Global Warming but, it is for real!!!!

Final word on the issue since this really isn't going anywhere.

If you believe in global warming, great, do something to improve what you feel is wrong in the world. Just please don't expect everyone else to stop driving and watching TV because you feel we're all eventually going to die by driving down to the grocery store.

Practice what you preach, lead by example, not falsely scaring people out of their wits and forcing us to watch the most boring video in the world.

Show me a majority of scientists that believe this is real.
Show me your absolute proof.
Show me what your doing besides making millions a year exploiting peoples fears.
I might just hear you out then.

Is Gore still claiming he invented the internet?

Peace

Peace

See, you believe propaganda from your own side!
Gore never said that! he said he initiated funding to make it publicly accessible.
Guess what? He did.

Final word on the issue since this really isn't going anywhere.

If you believe in global warming, great, do something to improve what you feel is wrong in the world. Just please don't expect everyone else to stop driving and watching TV because you feel we're all eventually going to die by driving down to the grocery store.

Practice what you preach, lead by example, not falsely scaring people out of their wits and forcing us to watch the most boring video in the world.

Show me a majority of scientists that believe this is real.
Show me your absolute proof.
Show me what your doing besides making millions a year exploiting peoples fears.
I might just hear you out then.

Peace

lol Show us YOUR proof that this is all a sham meant to scare people for others' enjoyement.

Do you think poisonous gases in te atmosphere have no effect on us? Be it longer or short term it doesn't matter, some peopel are ignorant and don'tworry about this, because apparently it's not their problem, bu even if it isn't a huge issue and affecting us now, it WILL affect future generations. If you have the attitude: 'It's not happenning now so t's not my problem' the you must not be very smart (cough OP cough).

Where is YOUR proof that these are FALSE claims? Are you a weather expert and have been studying this for X years? I didn't think so. Changes are happenning, and be it natural or not, humans ARE having an effect on the weather.

ALSO if you claim your area is cooler than the past years and thus global warming is false you shouldn't be posting in this topic as you know NOTHING about the subject, global warming is a weather changing phenomenom and has adverse effects everywhere and the main effectis creating EXTREME weathers, on both the hot and the cold side.

See, you believe propaganda from your own side!
Gore never said that! he said he initiated funding to make it publicly accessible.
Guess what? He did.

Yep that is true. I'm not perfect.

Pablo, WHISCASHEX, I don't need to answer or give my proof why its not around! Neither of you can meet the burden of proof level I need to actually think something so catastrophic exists in the world.

I admit I am no where near a level of expertice when it comes to weather, but I have done my homework on this subject. College professors are picky on a 17 yr old I think =/
Yes Pablo I realize global warming isn't just the warming of the planet-melting ice bergs and so forth. But also can be pointed towards the cause of abnormal cold in certain regions. Tornadoes, hurricanes, you name it can be the cause of "global warming."
I threw that comment in on another thread mostly to prove to myself if anyone knew what they were talking about, and could point it out. gratz

I can't answer how is global warming NOT there..Its a task my mind just thinking about is boggled by. Its not touchable, able to be seen, heard, I just can't do it.

The burden is on you my friends to convince me of it.

Back