Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Loss of one of our own, but not forgotten...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, this is really really hard for us here. Rich was the greatest guy, such a sweetheart, EVERYONE who knew him loved him... and his son Jeremiah is a great little guy, I can't imagine how hard this is for him. Right now we're on vacation, (I've had limited access to a computer to reply here) and when I talked to Keny as I usually do this past Saturday to find out how things went at the tourney and League while Devin and Dustin and I were gone, I couldn't believe what had happened... it was just after most everyone had left from League as they were cleaning up that they found him and called the paramedics. I guess thankfully it wasn't when the room was full of the younger kids, but it's going to be so very hard when we return... to tell all those who come to the tourney that don't know yet... I know there will be a lot of people in shock... it will be a very difficult day to get through. Rich was always a part of our weekly tourneys and League, and I can't imagine him not there. My boys took it pretty hard too, as Rich is the first good friend they've ever known to pass away, besides like grandparents and such. It's really a tough thing, and it will be just as hard for a lot of our players on Saturday... it will be a very hard day for all of us who loved him. I wish I could hug Jeremiah and tell him it will be ok. I hope he'll be a strong little guy like his dad was.

When I get back on my comp at home, I'll find a nice pic of him. I'm having a beautiful plaque made to put up in our gameroom to honor him. It reads:

In loving memory of Rich -

A kind and generous man
who touched all of our lives
more than words can express.

We will remember him Forever
and carry his Spirit in our hearts.

It's times like this when you feel so helpless...I wonder why it had to happen, why I wasn't there this week of all weeks, what might have been different if only... but it's never up to us to decide these things, we have no control over the preciousness of life. But what we do have control over is the ability to always make the very most of every day, to not let the little things in life be taken for granted, to take this moment to appreciate those around you as if, well...... just do it, just in case.

Lord, as we mourn the sudden death of Rich, show us the immense power of Your goodness and strengthen our belief that he/she has entered into Your Presence. Amen.

Even do I don't know who he is, reading every post makes me feel so sad. I hope the best to the family and all of thoes that made part of his life.

The best wishes, Dante.

It's so terrible when this sort of thing happens...my hopes, prayers, and respects go to Rich's family. From all of the posts here, I can tell he was a truly great person. Rest in peace...

Man, Rich was a great guy. He would tell little Jeremiah how to play at Prereleases and he didn't always have that top deck but he played with heart and integrity of this game and was a good friend of mine in this game. He was one classy father and player. It is a very sad thing for him to go.

Very sad :(

Last edited:
Rhonda D just sent me a fantastic picture of Rich... perfectly captures the spirit of his great sense of humor! When I saw it, it made me laugh before I cried. Then looking at it again, it made me smile again! This is how I'll always remember Rich!

A fun picture of Rich, taken 6/10/06

Last edited:
He was a great guy
as I've said, I really enjoyed playing against him and hanging out with him on Saturdays
as we've already said, he was an incredible kind and generous man
whenever I needed a card for my deck at the last minute (b4 a tournament), he would always loan me the card I needed
he was a great man, and he will be missed
I'll keep his family in my prayers
RIP

i remember when i lost a box with mew ex lm, and him being the great guy that he was, he managed to get me back most of my cards when he didn't even take them in the first place. like most others have said he was a great guy. may he rest in peace.

alas, I did not know Rich, but as a community, we all must stick together, and from what ive been reading, he seems like an extraordinary guy. I pray for his family and friends, that they can get through this hardship, and i sincerely hope I get to see him in the afterlife (he seems like an awesomoe guy!)

Best wishes

~Duke

Richard Williams will be deeply missed by everyone. I am sitting here with Jeremiah right now and he is taking it quite well. He understands what happened and is being strong. He is enjoying the things he likes to do and I think Rich wouldn't have it any other way. Rich was like a father to me. He was.......no, IS one of the few people that I respect enough to call family. I will never forget him and I will not forget the life lessons he taught me on our weekends together. But, I know he's up there, skating with Jesus and holding Pokemon tournaments for everyone else who played thats up there.

RICHARD WILLIAMS
LOST
BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN.

I'll miss you, buddy.

Last edited:
You are so right Justin! You are so right! I know how close you guys were, he was always trying to keep you on the right path, was always like a dad particularly to you and Dustin and Toby. And Jeremiah is a great little guy too, just like his dad! I know he'll get through this, especially with all of you guys there to be the good friends and 'big brothers' he needs. He's a strong kid, and I'm sure he'll make his dad very proud in the days and years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back