Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ability denial

1. S

Pokémon Ability/Attack Interaction - Aegislash/Espathra SV04

We ran our SV04 Prerelease this past weekend and ran into a situation. I couldn't find a quick answer on google so ruled it on the spot. Looking afterwards I think I ruled wrong. Has this been in previous editions and ruled already or is this new? Any help from other judges would be appreciated...
  2. H

Any cards that stop a Pokemon attack that circumvents effects?

Are there any stadiums, tools, or Pokemon abilities that negate attacks that bypass effects/abilities such as Mew VMAX's Max Miracle (This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon)? Excluding Pokemon attacks of course, I realize there are attacks such as...
  3. H

Stealthy Hood VS Wobbuffet [PHF] Bide Barricade, Vileplume [BUS] Disgusting Pollen

If I my opponent's active Pokemon is Wobbuffet [PHF] (Bide Barricade: As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, each Pokémon in play, in each player’s hand, and in each player’s discard pile has no Abilities except for Psychic Pokémon.) and I attach Stealthy Hood to my Zacian V [SSH]...
  4. H

Regirock XY49 Omega Barrier

I was surprised to see that neither Guzma nor Counter Catcher could dislodge Regirock XY49 from the Active Spot due to his Omega Barrier ability (Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card excluding Pokemon Tools and Stadium cards, prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokemon). The...
  5. Otaku

Giratina (SM - Lost Thunder 97/214) versus Slaking (SM - Celestial Storm 115/168)

My question is as follows: How does the "Lazy" Ability found on Slaking (SM - Celestial Storm 115/168), or any other form of Ability denial that only applies to Pokémon "in play" and not other places like the hand or discard pile, interact with an Ability like "Distortion Door" found on...
Back