Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

11/20/2004 - Fountain Valley, CA City Championships: Info/Roll Call

Chrisbo

Administrator
Staff member
The Fountain Valley City Championship is this weekend (1st one in SoCal)!

Where:
Fountain Valley Public Library
17635 Los Alamos
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
http://www.ocpl.org/25brnch.asp

When:
Saturday, November 20, 2004
Registration starts at 10 am
The Tournament will start around 11 am

Entrance Fee:
Free, but... Only the first 50 people to register and turn in their decklists will recieve a City Championship Promo!

FYI - The Library hours are from 10am-5pm, period. That includes time to setup & take down tables & chairs and such. At this time I cannot get inside early to setup, so I'm probably going to be taking signups and handing out decklists at 9 or 9:30 outside before the doors open. If you can have your POP-ID and decklist ready to go in advance, that will really help speed things along.

We'll probably be doing five rounds of Swiss, but we absolutely MUST be cleaned up and out of the room by 5pm so we can't afford to waste too much time. And depending on how smoothly the first couple of rounds go, we might not be able to break for lunch, so be prepared.

Speaking of which, there aren't any really close-by places to eat within walking distance, so you may want to consider bringing a sack lunch or lots of snacks with you. The library does not allow food/drink inside, but there is a really nice grass area just outside (weather permitting); bring your picnic blanket too.

Finally, if you plan on attending, feel free to post here so I can get a rough headcount. And if you have any questions, you may post those too.

That's about it for now; I'll post more as I think of it.

See ya,
- CHRISBO

Last edited:
UPDATE: If anyone has a flat-panel or other lightweight monitor they can bring for the tourney tomorrow I'd really appreciate it. I haven't tried using TMS on my printer, so I'd rather play it safe like we did last year. Thanks.

See ya soon,
- CHRISBO

Head Judge : Stephanie DeLaTorre
Judge : Mark DeLaTorre (aka "Cattdreams")

And I must say they did a wonderful job as always!! :thumb:

Big thanks to everyone for making it a success,
- CHRISBO

Back