Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

11/20/2004 * The Woodlands TX * City Championship

Team Cook

:pokeball:

The Woodlands (Texas) is the first City Championship stop for Master Professor Birch's Magical Pokemon Tour. This will be the very first-ever City Championships for The Woodlands, and after a record-breaking attendance at the EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease, we have some big plans and big expectations for this one!

Saturday, November 20th, 2004

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
24888 I-45 North
The Woodlands, TX 77386
281-681-8088

10:00 AM

Everyone gets something!

For the Top 4 in every age group
(10 & Under, 11 to 14, 15 & Up):

1st place -- Medal, 18 packs, Winner's Package!
2nd place -- 9 packs
3rd place -- 4 packs
4th place -- 4 packs

For EVERYONE -- Series One POP Booster, City Championship Promo Card

MORE FOR EVERYONE -- Pokemon figures!!!

As a special prize, each player will get to pull a :pokeball: from our :pokeball: Cannister. Each :pokeball: will contain ONE, TWO or THREE Pokemon figure(s). You get to keep the figure(s) as a souvenir!! :)

We'll also have a GameBoy (GBA) tournament....

And maybe a side event....

Stay tuned for more info!!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
972-442-5545
[email protected]

:pokeball: Mike Cook :pokeball:
281-362-8781
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited:
We will be making the IH-45 trip and staying at the hotel that night so we can go to Katy on sunday.....Im so Giddy i cant wait lol.....GL to all

i was planning on going . but a $300 ticket has come up for driving with no insurance so no can do .... :mad: im thinking about giving up on the game for awhile . not sure yet . if anyone is generous enough to give me a ride i would love to go otherwise probably not . see ya later bye . :D :pokeball:

Last edited:
Alright ShinAkuma, you missed our record-breaking pre-release and now no Championship? Same with you Patriarch. We'll let it slide, this time. Paying a $300.00 ticket or playing Pokemon? Tough choice. What's your excuse Patriarch? Just kidding guys. Hopefully we'll see ya soon at the Plano and Richardson events. Have a great week.

My excuse is that my license doesn't guarantee me a 4-hour drive to The Woodlands in other person's car x_x

Oh well, good luck, all. Hope you Cooks can come up to one of North Texas' three CC's! =)

As long as MPB continues to run the tournaments, we're there, lol. We have family in the Dallas area so it makes it easy for us.

i might go to the Y2K CC if birch will give me a ride . i will be home in dallas then . :) :D :pokeball:

Last edited:
Countdown To The City Championship. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, 5 More Days. Get Ready To Rummmmmmmmmmmble. Get Your Game Face On. Be The Pokemon Cards. Be One With The Pokemon Cards. You Are The Pokemon Cards. Paint Your Face. Get Fired Up. Take No Prisoners. See Ya On Saturday. Bring Donuts.

~~ Mike

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I shuffle the deck of poker cards, and this is what I flip to predict some friends' fates:

JACKS:
-Clay (of Hearts): I flip a 3 of hearts, guaranteeing him third place
-Taylor (of diamonds): Mmm, he got the 7 of hearts, so it's uncertain, but since the color stays the same, there's a 75% chance of him making 7th.
-Gilby (of clubs) : I flipped an Ace of Diamonds, so he's got a 50% chance of winning, a 10% chance of losing to Soles/Taylor, and a 40% chance of making 2nd.
-Soles (of spades): He got 8 of clubs. 75% chance of making 8th

If anybody else wants a tarot prediction of who wins, don't hesitate to AIM me. See how bored you get when you can't attend these tournaments yourself? =P

Last edited:
Here's The Details!!!

:D :D ~~Here's The Details For The Woodlands~City Championships"~~ :D :D

"The Woodlands~City Championships"

24888 IH-45 N
The Woodlands, Texas 77386

Contacts: Mike Cook
Phone: (281) 362-8781

MP Birch
Phone: (972) 442-5545

Date: November 20, 2004

Time: 10:00am (Registration Begins or Pre-register with "Big DJ Mike")

Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

Format: Modified Constructed Deck

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Up)

1st Place: 18-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs / A City Championship Medal / Prize kit Containing Cool Pokemon Merchanise

2nd Place: 9-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

3rd-4th Place: 4-Pokemon TCG-"EX Team Rocket Returns" Booster Packs

All Participants: Pokemon TCG City Championship Promo Card & a POP Series-1 Promo Pack (While Supplies Last)

"GBA~City Championship of The Woodlands"

Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

Tournament Start Time: 9:00-9:15am

Prizes:
1st Place: Trophy
2nd & lower: Various Other Prizes

"Sealed Deck/Theme Deck Tournament-Side Event"

Start Time: As Soon As The City Championships Are Finished

Entry Fee:
$15.00 (Players will receive a Theme Deck and 3-Booster Packs to make a 40-card deck. Basic Energy will be provided.)

Rounds:
Age Modified Swiss (# of Rounds To Be Determined By Attendance)

Prizes: 2-Booster Packs per Player will Go Into the Prize Pool)

There will be plenty of time for trading, playing, and having all kinds of Pokemon fun. We hope to see everyone at this event!!! Master Professor Birch will be signing "Professor Birch" cards at this event, also. Don't miss out!!! :nonono:

Take care and good luck to all of the Pokemon players. I will see you on Saturday for "The Woodlands~City Championships". :clap:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Thanks Master Professor Birch -- for the update above!!

Yep...

There's a TROPHY for the GameBoy Championship (starts at about 9 AM)...

And it's FREE, too!

:)

The Pokemon figures have arrived! Such a variety!

Remember, everyone who participates will get to grab a Pokeball out of the Pokeball Cannister. That Pokeball will contain one, two or three Pokemon figures for you to keep!

:)

Last edited:
I am going to be in the woodlands everyone, this is my first time up there, I am getting a ride from Jimmy :)
The figurines sound cool, I love figures/plushies ^_^! Trophy for the gameboy tourny
I should start playing the gameboy now!

Promos

~~Attention...Everyone~~

The Promo Cards for the City Championships are very limited for each City Championship event. They will be given out after the City Championship Tournament has finished with the "Swiss Rounds". Players must finish the swiss rounds of play in order to receive their promo card. The first 50-players that are pre-registered with Mike Cook will receive the promo card at The Woodlands City Championship. (Call Mike about pre-registering)

PLEASE NOTE: At the "Katy City Championship", if you received a promo card at "The Woodlands CC", your name will be dropped down the list on a first come first serve basis until all of the other players have received their first promo card.

This is the only fair way that I know that players in these citys will receive at least one Promo Card per player. Good luck to all of the players. I hope to see you at these City Championships.

Master Professor Birch

I've got the kids fired up here in The Woodlands. We're ready to go. Let's make it a GREAT City Championship. See y'all tomorrow. For those of you coming in from out of town, be careful and have a safe trip.

Back