Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

15 + Alabama State Winner Tourney Report

2EachHisOwn

Here is the torney report of the 15 + Alabama States winner.(Kyle Brown;2eachhisown)

Match 1:(Kathy with Zap Turn Dos):
-I pulled a first turn Pidgeot and was able to quickly set up D. Amphy to kill the zappy which was played turn three instead of two(bad draw on her part). After the zappy was gone she couldn't do much. Sorry Kathy...

Match 2:(Jeff with D. Dragonite/D. Electrode/Rocket's Sneasel ex)
-This guy was beating the mess out of me early game with a Rocket's Sneasel ex. He was down to 2 prizes and I had not even got my first. My Pidgeot came very late game. Plusle saved me during this match a bunch. I used it to spread the damage and I rocked for three prizes killing two D. Dragonites and a D. Electrode. I killed all 4 untrancable darks on Rocket's Sneasel ex with my D. Amphy. Time was called on his turn and he dragged off my already damaged Pidgeot to tie the game, but I killed his active for my last prize next turn. Well played Jeff.

Match 3:(Tony with D. Tyranitar/D. Sandslash)
-I didn't get to see much of his deck because he drew crap. I got a quick Pidgeot and killed him pretty quick. Sorry about the bad hands Tony...

Match 4:(Brent with Jumpluff/Pidgeot/Zapdos ex)
-This was by far one of my best matches of the day. He played his warp points,atm rocks and Zapdos exs very well. He got down to one prize, but my D. Amphy's type advantage on Zappy ex and my Atm Rocks ended up getting the best of him. I was happy to win due to how this guy kicked the crap out of me in all of the City Championships I went to. Brent is one of the best players I know, and winning, or losing, to him is alright with me.

Match 5:(Alan with Vileplume ex/Pidgeot)
-This guy dealt me one of my two match losses of the day and he played very well. The whole game was D. Amphys against Vileplume exs. I knocked out two of them, but I couldn't knock out the third one. Well built deck. Well played deck.

Match 6:(Steven with Zapdos ex/Pidgeot/Manetric ex)
-He played the best he could, but my type advantage on Zappy ex got the best of him. I am pretty sure he didn't care too much because he was the 11-14 Alabama Champ of the day. We played each other in swiss due to the type of tourney set up we had. Good job on taking 11-14 to Mississippi Steven!!!

Finals Match 1:(Sorry can't remember your name with D. Dragonite/D. Electode/Rocket's Sneasel ex)
-Both games were well played on her part. My good hands, Plusle and atm rocks got the best of her. Well played miss.

Finals Match 2:(Nancy with D. Tyranitar/D. Ampharos/Togetic)
-This was, by far, my toughest match of the day. She was quite a skilled player that had me thinking the whole time. The first game she didn't get the best draws in the world and missed a couple of energy attachments, but it was close and I won. Okay, the second game. I am not going to lie. She beat the snot out of me. I drew nothing but rare candies against her active T-Tar with sand damage that was atm rocking me like crazy. She wins. I feel bad about the third game. She drew nothing but a togepi. I koed it with Pidgeot. Sorry about the bad draw on the third game. You had me sweating Nancy, you really did.

Finals Match 3(Chris with "Speed Blaze")
-Okay, my best friend, and the most skilled player I know. Here we go. I got lucky, I will be honest. He got like the worst hands ever. With his awesome skill he got me down to 2 prizes the first game, without Pidgeot. I was able to spread the damage and rock him. The second game was about the same and about as close, but the game was over once 60 was on a Blaziken, 60 was on a Pidgeot, and 20 was on Jirachi(Deoxys). I had two plusles in hand and 2 Electric energy and three prizes left. He got some bad hands, but I have to say he played them well.I won on luck, not by out playing him,something I don't like doing, but can't do much about. Congrats on second Chris and being the best player I know. According to Steven(this years Louisianna State Champ) this is the best Blaziken deck ever. I would have to agree, but also add this is one of the best players ever. Go Chris!

Props:
-Rick(head judge)
-Nancy(best match of the day)
-Anna Schell(taking 10 and under to Mississipppi!!!
-Steven S. for taking 11-14 to Mississippi!!!
-Brent(I finally beat you once!!!)
-Mike Schell(helping Rick and doing this out of the kindness of his heart with no profit to speak of)
-Kathy Schell(putting up with annoying kids and driving us with only a couple hours of sleep)
-Chris(best Blaziken Deck ever!!!))

Slops:(as Brent says "nobody like slops")
-none

Last edited:
Back