Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1995 Holofoil Topsun Pikachu PSA 10

hyruleguardian

I was thinking about purchasing this card so I could have at least 1 graded card from the very first batch of Pokemon cards to be released, the 1995 Japanese Topsun set.

A quick check of the PSA registry revealed that 10 of these cards have been submitted to PSA, 5 of which received a grade of a 10.

ebirdman of ebay currently has one listed at $200. The problem is that ebirdman tends to overcharge for a lot of things.

So how much is this card realistically worth? Is $200 right? Or is it way lower?

Ed is usually fairly negotiable, especially with those who are familiar with both Pokemon cards and PSA.

I think $200 is a bit much and because you, hyruleguardian are familiar with both PSA and Pokemon you could get a deduction hopefully on that card (if you are thinking of it) especially if there are 5 that are graded 10 and I wouldn't be surprised if Ed owns at least 3 out of 5 of those PSA-10s ATM.

I appreciate the input.

What I'm trying to find is something to compare this price to.

Is there ANY history of this card selling at all, whether PSA or not PSA? Any kind of a price guide?

I really have nothing to compare this price to at the moment, and I am not going to spend money if I have no history of how much this card has sold for in the past.

In fact, any history of a 1995 holofoil topsun card selling would be helpful.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Even if there is no clear-cut example out there... can you tell me what you think might be a fair price for this card?

Last edited:
A 1995 holofoil topsun is considered 'vintage' in Pokemon card collecting. However I haven't come across anyone personally who are interested in them. I would pay at most $50 for one considering that the only thing that the 1995 topsun holofoils have going for themselves are their age. I really do not like their design.

IMO a complete 1995 set in PSA-10 status would be quite valuable however the cards as individuals separate and not collectively not so much; just like a PSA-10 1st edition set is considered far more valuable when complete when not.

Back