Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Ed Charizard- Should I?

ilc

Well I met this guy at school who used to play Pokemon, and well owns a 1st edition charizard from like 1st print. Thing is so dark I can barely tell the diff between the words and the background(ok that's a bit exaggerating, but u get the point, older ones were always darker..not that it makes it worth more or netin). Anyways he was planning to get rid of it(i suppose the old trashee trashee way), and is willing to sell it to me for 20-30 bucks. Tell me should I? I mean I know I propably can't sell or trade it for squat(well maybe to some hard core collector), but is it a good idea? I'm no psycho collector, but I think it would be nice to own....

~ilc

Sure. Just checked ebay, and the first edition base Charizards seem to be going for fairly high amounts. If you, for some reason, decided after buying it that you didn't want it, you could most likely sell it within a reasonable time frame from now, and make more than you paid.

That and it's good for making the hardcore collectors drool and fight over.

Last edited:
heh lol, yeah I just checked, whoever is selling that card for 134 bux is doin quite well....hmm I guess I could always buy it:p and who knows, maybe Pokemon will suddenly become super popular again and I'll make a small fortune :p (lol, that was a joke btw)

~ilc

Sure I would do it! You could spend $20-30 on boosters and still have no chance of getting one. And as other have said, On Ebay the prices are pretty high. Its a good steal.

Back