Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Edition Base Set Booster Box Price?

hyruleguardian

I was considering buying one of these... is $1,450 a fair price? (It's factory sealed, of course)

I was wondering because I've seen individual packs sell on ebay from $50-60... since there are 36 packs in a booster box doesn't that actually make it profitable to buy the box and then sell off all the packs individually?

I was considering buying one of these... is $1,450 a fair price? (It's factory sealed, of course)

I was wondering because I've seen individual packs sell on ebay from $50-60... since there are 36 packs in a booster box doesn't that actually make it profitable to buy the box and then sell off all the packs individually?

I think at most they are worth about 1000 or so. I would wait until you see one on ebay that has a low starting point and can get bidded up. You are 100% sure to get it for less than that. Packs do sell for 50, but the fact is that packs for rare sets almost always sell for more than a box if combined. If you sold all 36 packs for that amount yes you would make some money, but there is a chance you won't which would be bad. I know that two or three years ago I got two boxes for under 500 each.

Drew

I some what agree with post#2 on the concept that the sealed 1st edition box that post#1 has eluded to is a bit pricey; especially now a day.

That being said it is only naturally for sellers I believe especially ones on ebay to slap a somewhat expensive price sticker on their merchandise.

Post#2 has stated getting two boxes for under $500, now I ask was that an isolated event? Since that sounds like something that doesn't occur too often and I doubt that anyone knowing what they had would if the time came would want to sell it for what they brought it for. Making profit would be pursuable.

Now if post#1 did end up buying the box I suggest keeping the box sealed a sealed box is more valuable than a 1st edition PSA-10 set any day of the week, JMO.

Ehh... I'll probably just pass. The problem is that I think you are exactly right Will-iam in that one who owns this item would probably be better not opening it. But then the problem with that is that it would drive me crazy to have that thing and never be able to open it.

Considering $1,450 is a lot of money I probably better just ignore it.

I see that listing and am tempted by it every time, it is perfect for PSA :thumb: Anyway that is a very high price, and Drew you got two for $500, that is insane :thumb:

Last edited:
Back