Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Edition PSA 9 Base Set Charizard OR 1st Edition PSA 10 Shining Mewtwo + $100

hyruleguardian

Is this a fair trade?

Just to be clear, the person getting the Mewtwo is also getting $100 from the other person.

Sorry to make 2 separate threads on this but I need an answer on this fairly soon, so I thought I would propose this modified offer I had.

Last edited:
I am not sure, the mewtwo one is hard to price because the charizard is so exact. What i mean is that the psa 9 Charizard will stay steady and usually average at about $400-500. The Mewtwo one is not as steady and you might get it really low, so yeah Charizard again.

If the charizard was an 8 then I would say mewtwo, I hope that helps.

Like I said in the last thread the charizard will have stronger reselling 'value' ATM however since very few people grade pokemon cards anymore and the fact that the PSA-10 Mewtwo I alluded to you in an earlier thread has been graded only twice; I'm on the edge with this one. Right now I agree 100% with Scott but who knows years from now there may be a big time collector who is obsessed with collecting mewtwo graded cards and may pay a premium for one of them.

Speculations and insights like the one I have pointed out make value assessing quite difficult but also fun!

I just made a deal where I give him the PSA 9 1st Edition Base Set Charizard and $100 and I get back a PSA 10 1st Edition Shining Mewtwo and a PSA 10 1st Edition Shining Charizard.

Whether I'm losing value or not, I'm happy with the trade that happened.

Last edited:
Yes that is what really matters, I should know I paid probably over double for what Scott paid in respect to both the SSB no.1 and '97 pika and I'm not unhappy what soever since what I have is top of the line with pokemon card collecting.

Its good you're getting into PSA graded cards, I can't imagine my cards with out a PSA grade.

As long as you're happy and you don't feel cheated or gipped in the end is what ultimately counts :)

Back