Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place *COMPLETE* Cookstown CC report

smacktack15

1st place *COMPLETE* Cookstown CC report

So I have been to 3 CCs this season due to "stuff" and I bombed the first 2 lol. Anyways, I had to work until 11 at night, asked Jacob to build my list I texted him, he didn't gather all the cards, I hadto fix the list, played 5 games and I fell asleep at 4 AM :O I woke up at 8 and rushed to the venue after everyone decided to be really slow getting out the door.*

Idk for Masters (maybe 27 idk)
5 rds, top 4

I played DialgaChomp, here is my list :O

2 Dialga G Lv.X (PL)
2 Dialga G (PL)
1 Garchomp C Lv.X (SV)
3 Garchomp C (SV)
1 Staraptor FB Lv.X (SV)
1 Staraptor FB (SV)
1 Ambipom G (RR)
1 Crobat G (PL)
1 Bronzong G (PL)
1 Skuntank G (PL)
1 Chatot (MD)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Uxie (LA)
=17

4 Pokemon Contest Hall (RR)
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy (PL)
3 Pokemon Collector (HS)
2 Bebe's Search (RR)
1 CopyCat (HS)
1 Judge (UL)
1 Aaron's Collection (RR)
4 TGI Poke Turn (PL)
3 TGI Energy Gain (PL)
2 TGI Power Spray (PL)
2 TGI SP Radar (RR)
1 Expert Belt (AR)
= 28

4 Double Colorless Energy (HS)
4 Special Metal Energy (UD)
3 Call Energy (MD)
2 Warp Energy (SF)
2 Basic Metal Energy (HS)
=15

Total = 60

Kinda weird but it worked well for THIS given metagame, this will NOT work for all metagames. It is only meant for gyarados/vilegar metagames with a decent SP match-up, don't expect much else lol (has solid match-ups around the board still, just not as solid as a str8 DialgaChomp). Anyways, lets get onto the report...

Rd 1 vs Beatrix C w/ Shaymin/Beautifly
I god start her with a Dialga G active, Cyrus, sp Metal, SP Radar, other stuff and she Lookers me because I started 1st. I draw into a rough hand, but it was workable (her hand wasn't so great either). I eventually Warp energy into a Staraptor FB, Lvl Up, and continue a strong lead on her. Her Beautifly can't keep up and that is pretty much it, she gets benches out.*

1-0

Rd 2 vs idk (newer player) w/ Metagross/Heatran
He played his brother/friend last round and I am stuck with a weird hand. I did get a call energy on my Garchomp which allowed me to get a Dialga and Staraptor. He can't do much (pretty sure his deck was a theme deck of some sort) and I warp energy my Garchomp into a Staraptor Lvl Up move again to Cyrus/Earthquake his beldums. He gets a few more basics, but they are no match for me moving all of my energy to a Dialga Lvl X and smashing his Pokemon with Remove Lost. Not an exciting game, but a win is still a win :D

2-0

Rd 3 vs Ian D w/ Vilegar
Ian starts off pretty rough with an Uxie/Oddish start and I start with a Crobat G to make things more interesting lol (yay for gross hands). I go first, call for a Bronzong and a Chatot, he doesn't do much except for 20 damage. I use SP Radar for a Dialga G, attach a Special Metal to it, and Mimic. We go back and forth (I hit a few special Metals on Dialga), but it is the same Mimic-Psychic Restore between us. Idk why my hands were supporter less after 3+ Mimics but I still had a powered Dialga to his Uxie/Oddish. I eventually smash his Uxie, he uses his Twins and the game gets going. I continuously keep a strong lead after drawing two Prizes and I ALWAYS play around his Fainting Spell/Rescues to make his life 9001x harder. Time gets called, the Prizes are 3-5 in my favor with me being fully powered on my bench drawing a Prize that turn and Ian shakes my hand wishing me luck next round. GG Ian, it was fun playing vs you.*

3-0

Rd 4 vs Nick K w/ Gyarados
Haha, Nick and I are part of the same Crew so this battle will be pretty sick. Nick is playing a Gyarados variant that Jacob and I built so I am glad that I teched a Judge (plus Nick and I tested before the tourney a bit and I beat him a few times lol).*

We start the game with a handshake, Nick rolls the die, I call Tails...Heads. He flips a double Magikarp start to my lone Ambipom G. He looks through his hand, thinks for a few seconds and uses Sea Spray...Heads...Tails. He then shows me the Sableye he drew from it and we both agree on how "rough" that was. I drop a Cyrus' Conspiracy from my hand, look through my hand a bit and decide on a Basic Metal, Energy Gain, and another Cyrus' Conspiracy. All while this is happening, Jennifer the TO, comes and gives us our match-slip and Nick decides to brag to the few spectators watching about being paired up LOL! I attach an Energy Gain and a Basic Metal to my Ambipom G, bench a Skuntank G and drop an Uxie to use Set-Up. I end up getting 3 cards only to attack his Magikarp for a freebie prize :D

Nick picks up his card, plays down his "Sea-Sprayed" Sableye, and drops a Collector. He grabs a Regice, Uxie, and Azelf from Collector, uses Azelf's Time Walk to get a prized Karp, uses Regi-Move to discard two Karps (I switched into my Uxie), uses a Super Scoop Up...Tails, plays Junk Arm and a discards BTS/something else to get Belt back, evolves into Gyarados, attaches a Rescue Energy, and he drops a Super Scoop Up...Heads :O He hits a Mesprit, uses Psychic Bind and Tail Revenges my poor Uxie lol. I send up Ambipom G, drop a Pokemon Contest Hall, roll for it...Heads! I grab a Dialga G with no tool, attach a Special Metal Energy and Expert Belt to it from my hand and play a Cyrus. I grab a Basic Metal Energy, a Power Spray, and another Cyrus from it and hit his Gyarados for 20 with my Ambipom G.*

Nick starts his turn my attaching an Expert Belt to his Gyarados and announcing Regi Move (which I debate on Spraying for a second and realize Skuntank G is worth way more than my Ambipom G in this match-up, yeah I sprayed it lololol). He drops a SSU...Tails. He plays a BTS to knock out my Contest Hall and "Revenges" for his 2nd Prize. I start by sending out my Dialga G, I attach another Special Metal Energy to it and I play an Sp Radar, grabbing a Dialga G Lv.X. I then ask Nick how many cards he has in his hand, he replies "Six", and I play an Energy Gain on my Skuntank, and drop a CopyCat hoping the Poke-God Arceus saves me lol. Off the CopyCat, I hit a Garchomp C (which got benched ASAP), but not much else because I could only Deafen for 30 (putting his Gdos at 50 damage).*

Nick looks through his hand, uses Regi-Move discarding Skuntank G and Pokemon Collector forcing me to sacrifice my Garchomp C :( He quickly uses Tail Revenge and draws his third prize (putting the match at 3-5 in his favor). I promote my Dialga G Lv.X, drop another Garchomp C lololol, attach a third Special Metal Energy to my Dialga G Lv.X :p, and play a Collector. I grab a Garchomp C, Staraptor FB, and Azelf from my Collector and I use Azelf's Time-Walk to grab a Staraptor FB Lv.X. I then play down my Staraptor FB and Garchomp C, finishing my move with Deafen to put his Gyarados at 80 damage.*

The details get kinda fuzzy from here but, I will try my best to get every move as accurate as possible. In between the last move and this move, I forget placing 40 damage on Nick some how but his Gyarados is at 120 damage. Nick starts his move by using yet another Regi-Move (I sent up Azelf) to draw another Prize Card (2-5 in his favor). I start my turn by attaching a basic Metal to my Dialga G Lv.X, Lvling Up into a Staraptor FB Lv.X and searching for a Judge. I play Judge, retreat my Staraptor FB Lv.X, and use Deafen for two Prizes.*

Nick promotes a Sabelye, plays a Bebe's Search to grab a Crobat G, drops a Karp and BTS' into a Gyarados, and plays Warp Point (that's when everyone is like Deafen LOLOL!!!). After all of the Dea-FUN, he uses Impersonate to grab a Collector, which nets him an Uxie and two Sableye. I start my turn by attaching a DCE and Energy Gain on my Staraptor FB Lv.X, using Fast Call to grab a Cyrus, and using Cyrus to grab a Spray/Aaron's Collection. I then complete my LONNNNG uneventful turn by using idk, hmm... DEAFEN!!!!! Lol.*

Nick top decks a Warp Energy :O, attaches it to Sabelye to promote a Gyarados to rival my Dialga G Lv.X. He then "tries" to Regi-Move, but I Spray him instantly, only for him to try to Warp Point again (lololol everyone states Deafen again :p). He then plays a Seeker, picking up his Regice and I pick up my Skuntank G because I would rather protect it :D He plays his Regice back down and Regi-Moves his two Sableye and I promote my Staraptor FB Lv.X. He looks at his hand for a bit, but he can only hit for 90, 10 damage short of his 5th prize card. I draw my card, look at my hand, use Fast Call for a Bebe's, play Bebe, grab Garchomp C Lv.X, and retreat my Staraptor FB Lv.X. I send up Garchomp C, Lvl Up, use Healing Breath to save my Staraptor FB Lv.X, Warp Energy into my Dialga G Lv.X, and Deafen for 30.*

Nick start his turn by using Seeker (bringing up his Uxie), Regi Moving into my Staraptor, and Crobat/Revenging for his 5th Prize (1-3 in his favor). I send up Garchomp, drop a Contest Hall, Lvl Up to avoid a Seeker win, drop a Garchomp C, attach a Call to mynGarchomp C Lv.X, and play down my Aaron's Collection. I grab Staraptor FB and Staraptor FB Lv.X, retreat into Dialga G Lv.X, play down Staraptor FB, and Remove Lost for 100. I draw my prize card putting this match 2-1 in Nick's favor.*

Nick promotes a Sableye with 30 damage on it, Q's his Azelf, and drops an Uxie for a significant amount of cards. It is at this point where Nick plays a bunch of SSU, Junk Arm, etc. But he can't get past the fact he has no more BTS, no more bench space, and barely any usable cards other than an unusable Combee (due to bench space). He Impersonates and uses Seeker to try an Combee next turn, I attach an energy and an Energy Gain to my Garchomp C Lv.X, and I use Deafen for my 5th prize bringing this game down to 1-1 prizes. Nick draws, uses Combee, and ends after playing a few other cards. I retreat my Dialga G Lv.X and snipe for the win.*

GG Nick, it was a tough battle :D

4-0 * * * **

Rd 5 vs Matt B w/ Yanmega/Shaymin
I start out by poisoning his Smeargle with Deafen, and then I Contest Hall into a belted Dialga which allows me to take a stronger lead. My deck unintentionally takes longer turns with Poison, Staraptor, Cyrus, etc. And for me only using Deafen + Belt + Poison, I am drawing prizes at a slow rate. Well, this works out nicely for me because my Deafen combo has put his deck on a full stop. Time gets called and with everything on my bench 100% ready to draw prizes (Staraptor, 2nd Dialga G, Garchomp), he rightfully scoops.*

5-0

1st Zach L w/ DialgaChomp
2nd Matt B w/ Yanmega/Shaymin
3rd Troy N w/ Gyarados/Dusknoir/VilePlume
4th Marcel L (my dad) w/ Gyarados

So I get to face my dad in the top 4 wootwoot /sarcasm

T4 vs Marcel L w/ Gyarados

G1: We wait to start for a few seconds, I call Tails, he flips a Sableye, draws, and Impersonates...with no Prizes out. He rushed his move too quickly, I call a Judge over, and he receives a loss for G1. Kind of a lame way to win, but it happens to everyone sometimes. 1-0

G2: He starts with a Sableye and I start with a Dialga so I automatically get a T1 Deafen. However, before I Deafen, I was fortunate to have a Contest Hall, hit a heads and Poison him too. The game takes a slower pace of me drawing very few Prizes but keeping a Deafen/Poison (eventually Belted) and Spray lock on him so he is in a rough Position. I also kept a Crobat and two Poke Turns in my Hand so I could OHKO his Karp when he played it and a Judge/KO on his final Sableye sealed the deal in this game. I pretty much God-started to his average start while playing the match-up solidly. GG dad. 2-0

6-0

T2 vs Matt B w/ Yanmega/Shaymin

G1: I start Dialga G to his Smeargle and go 2nd. He ends up hitting a Cyrus' Conspiracy off of me from Portrait, plays down a few Pokemon, and passes. I draw, play Cyrus' for a Gain/Metal/Collector (I had two Cyrus'), drop a Contest Hall...Tails, play SP Radar for Skuntank G, Poison/Deafen woot! He tries to Portrait me, I tell him he can't because of Poison, so his set-up is stalled quite a bit forcing him to CopyCat for I think 5. He doesn't hit to much (maybe Azelf) attaches a Grass to his Smeargle, and passes. I continue my Deafen Lock, eventually Bronzong into a Belted Dialga G, and Judge him after an Uxie drop. He notices things aren't going well and scoops to go onto G2. 1-0

G2: I ask how much time is left, Jen says around 20 minutes or something like that and we start the game. I start similarly to G1 and so does he, I don't get the T1 Deafen because I started 1st, but I do get the T2 Belted/Poison Deafen that stops his Smeargle once again. The game continues in a similar way as Game 1 and he ends up scooping when I just go aggro Remove Lost / Dragon Rush. It all came down to me slowing him down, powering up everything, and me having enough power to draw 4-5 prizes comfortably (low time helped too). GGs Matt :)

7-0

Props:
Winning my 6th CC
Undefeated
Tyler Z for the deck advice, you get mad props man
Chan for playing DialgaChomp, sick play bro, sorry about your luck
No Conflict at the tourney
My dad for driving me and being a sick parent lol
Nick for the testing
Jacob for the fine-tuning of the deck
COD Black ops lol
Matt B for being chills in the finals

Slops:
Jacob didn't play
Haters
Lookers Investigation
Chatot Dead Draws
Contest Hall Tails (went like 7/20 that day)
McDonalds is disgusting*

Hopefully I can defend my 11-0 Ontario Provincials from Last Year, be sure to read my report for this year :O :D :p *

Back