Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place masters absol/dcl - list

DonphanAtoZ

For a while now, I'd been testing Absol Prime/DCL, as Chandelure and Ross are very popular in my area. I put in Tornados, as it's excellent against Six Corners.

4 Tornados
4 Absol Prime
2 Mew Prime
2 Tyranitar Prime
1-1 DCL
1 Jirachi

4 PONT
4 Juniper
3 N
3 Collector
2 Dual Ball
2 Comm
1 Pokegear
1 Switch
3 Junk Arm
3 Cacther
3 Eviolite

4 Sp. Dark
4 Rainbow
4 DCE
4 Basic Dark

On to the report.

Round 1 vs. Suuk Wan with Six Corners

I get t2 Tornados, and he has difficulty killing them as I keep rolling them out. Because of DCL's damage manipulation, I could simply move damage around for kills when he played Switch. Fairly easy matchup.

1/0

Round 2 vs. George W. with Magnezone Eel

I start Absol and begin catcher-killing Magnemites. T3 he has two Tynamo with 20 HP left, and I had Comm'd for Ttar and LZ'd it the turn before. I dropped Mew, Dark, and killed both of them to pretty much seal the game.

2/0

Round 3 vs. Sergio R. with Vanniluxe

Don't remember this one well, although I used DCL to kill Plume, which gave me a huge advantage.

3/0

Round 4 vs. ??? with ZPS

I got donked. Lone Tornados.

3/1

Round 5 vs. Pete W. with Six Corners

See Round 1.

4/1

Round 6 vs. Michael J. with LostGar

Usually this is a bad matchup for obvious reasons, but I kill his mews with Tornados and kill Gengar with Absol when I had to.

5/1

Top 8 vs. Tom L. with Ross

I win games 1 and 2 easily by moving damage with DCL and Jirachi.

Top 4 vs. ??? with Six Corners

Game 1

I wall with Tornados will 2hkoing his Virizions. I DCL'd a Zekrom at one point.

Won game 1.

Game 2

He starts nothing and I bench him out.

Top 2 vs. George W. with Mag/Eel

See the above game against him.

So, I won a CC with a rogue :) My only loss was a donk. Ttar was less helpful than it was in testing, although lost zoning it with Absol then using Mew for cheap spread was helpful against anything with Evos. I'll be posting a report next weekend, so check back :D

Last edited:
Doesn't Mew do 40 to itself when it uses Tyranitar's Darkness Howl? Either way, congrats!

Doesn't Mew do 40 to itself when it uses Tyranitar's Darkness Howl? Either way, congrats!

Unfortunately it does. Mew/Ttar are not large parts of the deck, but they clean up well against Eel and Plume variants.

My inspiration for the deck was Abomasnow SF, I played it a lot MD-On and wasn't ready to give up on spread.

This is a perfect example of a great deck play piloted by a great player. As you can see he put a lot of effort into his deck and play tested his match ups extensively, which is evident in his list, and also read the meta game very well. I am expecting great things from DonphanAtoZ from here on out, and cannot wait to play him the next time we see each other, which by then he will have created another counter to the ever changing meta game.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, the list you posted has 62 cards. 17pokes rather than 15. Great job winning with rogue, but I hope this isnt the same list you used.
Posted with Mobile style...

Back