Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place Mexico DF Sur CC Report!

Pablo

The day started out at 9 a.m. got dressed up etc. and headed to the location. Helped the PTO (Ives Rountree) with the tables and stuff for the tourney to start. I had my Niniken deck ready, I knew I would face tons of Kingdras, Slakings and mirror matches, but I knew this decks capacity. The tourney started at about 3 pm. The tunrout was GREAT, nothing compared to last weeks CC run by the other TO in Mexico. We had 59 players. 42, 15+ and 16, 14-11 players. No 10- players since my brother and his friends couldn't be bothered to gon in the last minutes. Anyway this was THE tournament in Mexico, it had been a while ago since the tournout was so BIG, I was really impressed, and there even was a GB side-event being run. Anyways I got first place,here are the round results, each match was played 2/3 games.

Round 1 v.s kid with Gardevoir EX

I know from experince Niniken can EASILY beat Gardy, the match eneded quickly, my last minute TeCh Sudowoodo and Multi Energy helped ALOT, I managed to pull a 18 Energy Psysotrm with Sudowoodo.

1-0

Round 2 v.s Adnan with Niniken

I really hate mirror matches, and he is one of my best friends in the league, we both knew each other's deck very well, but in the end I managed to pull the win, I won 2 games in the match and he won 1.

2-0

Round 3 v.s Noe with Blazequazza

The 2 prize thing with Ray helped alot, and I kept getting really good starting hands. The 2 games went fairly quickly.

3-0

Round 4 v.s Argenis with Blazequazza

I knew I had the advantage with Niniken with the 2 prize thingy with Ray, the first game I won it fast, I lost the second game and lost again the third one, no draw whatsoever.

3-1

Round 5 v.s Aldo with Kingdra EX

Even with weakness, I knew Niniken can't be stopped easily with Kingdra EX, the first game was quick, he got bno draw. Second game it went backwards and forward but I barely won.

4-1

Round 6 (Top 8) v.s Bojo with Slaking

I knew this would be a tough match, but Sudowoodo was of great help. The first game it went backwards and forwards, I made a mistake in the end which made me lose the game. The second game Sudowoodo KO'ed 2 Slakings which was really good. Blaziken KO'ed the rest of the basics. The third game, he got NO draw, i started with sparce and he started with the Claw Slakoth. I SAR'ed for a Torchic, skitty and Sudowoodo. His turn, he got nothing, my turn I attached to Sudowoodo, copied Claw and flipped heads which won me the game. I thought I would lose because of the bad mistake I made in the first game. I gave this guy a Dragonite EX before he left, cause of the shame of being KO'ed by a Sudowoodo lol.

5-1

Round 7 (Top 4) v.s guy with Flygon/something else?

He was the only one left undefeated in the tournament. It was a quick match, I got near to perfect hands in both games.

6-1

Round 8 (Final) v.s Enrique with Kingdra EX

I knew from the beggining of the tournament he would bea tough match. All 3 games were very difficult and thoughtful ones. I lost 1 game because I didn't start with Dunsparce. both games that I did start with Dunsparce I won them. Nothing much to say about this games, they were fairly quick.

7-1

So I won my medal, my booster box, and other winner cards the PTO gave as extra prizes (like a Rocket's Mewtwo winner :)).

I'm sure most of you reading this are informed about the BADLY organised CC in Mexico DF Norte. This CC had more than double the turnout. Even the parents of the 14-11 players said the other CC was nothing compared to this one. The prizes WERE handed out, along with the medals and the CC Charmanders. The pairings were clear, the PTO was very updated with the rules and there were active judges checking around to see any problems. Players were very cooperative and there were few cases of prize swaps. To sum it all up, this CC was THE tournament here in Mexico, I had never been to one with such a great turnout and good players. The competition was of high level, and the parents were very pleased with the organization of the event. There was only a minor problem with 1 player not allowed to watch over his brothers game since he was caught coaching.

Props:

- To the best PTO in Mexico, Ives Rountree for organizing such a fun event.
- To my last minute Sudowoodo and Multi Energy TeCh.
- To Dunsparce for showing up on more than 80% of the games on my starting hand.
- To Venusaur and mainly all the #pojo team that have helped me playtest with Niniken alot.

Slops:

-To the unroginal people who made decks just to counter mine -__-

Thank you all for reading.

-MuD

Last edited:
lol thanks jerms, my Sudowoodo was the one that one that impresseed me the most yesterday.

-MuD

Well Congrats ,TRUS needs to win a CC or else,and if CFk wins one we will all die in a fire.GJ again and see you @ worlds hopefully

Congrats, Sally! =P

Nice to see Niniken 0wning it up out there. Beating multiple Kingdras.... wow, that's freaking awesome man. Nice job, and again, congrats!

Rifar is a non official verb meaning roughly rule, it would be something as you rule pablo, but here in mexico there is a sufix used between friends of a particular area (ours to be precise), like the japanese chan, it is Ñal, so, Pablo + Ñal = Pañal, though a rough translation on Pañal is diaper, to summarize the translation would be "You rule my friend Pablo", and I also would like to say congratulations, that last match was tough, many thought you would not come throuigh, but honestly, stalling is not the best strategy against Pablos deck. I wish I could go to worlds too.... perhaps as an observer, jejejejeje.

Congrats dude! I knew you'd win. Hopefully I'll see you at worlds... anyone know if it's an open event or what? Or how you get invited... (other than nationals... like is it only first place in each age from nationals or what?) I dunno if any details have been released or not, just wondering. Anyway, back on topic, congrats man.

Also, Jeremy, it's not pojo that's winning... it's TP from pojo! :D

MountainDewSnorter - What with your commentary?

All- Thanks, will do my best to get to Worlds. I will try to post photos of the event later this week or next week.

-MuD

I technically did not invent it lol, let's just say I improved it from what I saw was being played around here ;).

-MuD

Back