Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place States Deck....Smokey Weeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyduck

Hey Hey Hey

We just got finished with our State Championship today around 7 o'clock or so? It was a long day...way longer than I hoped for, but it was awsome. It was the State Championships for Missouri and I won it!!! I wasn't really sure on what to play? I have always played Blaziken/Eggs from the start and I switched to Niniken for the CC's after talking to Mudkip about it for a while, then I switched back due to a gut instinct I had. I know Ninikin beats my version of the deck hands down...simply due to the weakness factor, but the deck is still very strong. I knew Kingdra/Ex, Swampert/Ex and a lot of the other biggies would be there. Ninetails can easily take them down (b/c I have done it in the past) but energy-wise, Eggs is more suitable for my environment. If I would have played Niniken 2Day, I wouldn't have won. blah blah blah...here's da deck.

Smokey Weeds

27 Pokes

4 Dunsparce (SS)
4 Torchic (Dragons)
2 Combusken (Winner Promo)
4 Blaziken (Holo)
1 Blaziken Ex
3 Exeggcute (Aq – Psychic one)
3 Exeggutor (Aq)
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
1 Ditto (SkyRidge)
1 Wobby

18 Trainerz

4 TV Reporter
4 Oracle
2 POR
2 Desert Shaman
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
1 Town Volunteers

14 Flame Energy
1 Multi (4 Wobby just in case)

Breakdown....

BeX - DERRR...it's broKen
Ditto - its 4 Ray and other multi-tasking (almost lik3 a 5th 'Sparce)
Wobby - This thing saved me/won me the game on more than 1 ocassion. I used it as a wall and 2 attack when needed
Shaman - this card worked wonders for me. Early game when your opponent Oracle's with no Delcatty...it's great. Every game I played I had a Delcatty out. I always played Shaman when it was critical for my opponent to acquire certain cardz. I always got an energy card with Shaman so I'd use it on Delcatty 2 get 3 more cards. It worked 4 me! :D

So in the 6 Rounds Swiss, I ended up going 4-2. I lost to a Mew2 Ex/Wobby deck either 1st or 2nd round due to a horrible draw, and BPBD's Swampert / Ex / Suicune Ex deck in like the 4th round?My deck just wasn't working for me in the Swiss Rounds. Almost as if God was Smiting me????? Going into the Top 8, I was the 8th Seed. The 1st seed was Undefeated with Sceptile / Ex and I smoked him 2 games in a row for the win. They were good games and he's an awsome player but I totally had the type advantage on him. Next round, I play a Salamence / Aero Ex deck. I smoked him the 1st game, he smoked me the 2nd game, and the 3rd game was close but I won due to my Eggs flips. For anyone who enjoys this..... NEWMAN was playing the Sally deck that I knocked outta the T4. Final match is between BPBD (Swampert / Ex / Suicune Ex) and I again. The 1st game was really close, but I kept dropping Blazikens and throwing energy around left and right. He had 2 prizes left and I had 1. I had 2 Blazikens on the bench, a Combusken w/ 3 energy on it and a BeX in my hand...he could do nothing. Outstanding game!!! The next game, neither of us got any draw the entire game, but he had 2 Mudkips in his prizes :rolleyes: . I eventually won.

In the Top 8, I had Dunsparce in my opening hand every game and I always had gawd hands (except the very last game w/ BPBD). Almost as if God suddenly started liking me????

The day was fun and I traded for a lot of cardz and I got lotsa packs and one of those nifty Pikachu Trophies for winning :D

Gimmie a fix on the deck, cause I'm always looking for improvements.

nice job Chad, I guess since u knew tales wouldn't be played there, running Eggs was OK, it seems like no one runs Blazi up there other than you -__- BTW, coolness u kicked Newman's butt.

As for the deck and knowing ur meta is everything BUT Blaziken, I'd maybe change the switches to Warp Points

-MuD

Originally posted by Mudkip
BTW, coolness u kicked Newman's butt.

lmao...I knew a couple people would get a kick outta that!

Yeah...nobody plays Blaze/anything round here now. BPBD is working on a Niniken deck but thats it. At the last CC, I pwned the only 3 Blaze/Ray decks with my Niniken deck that had Ditto in it. They knew they were beat no matter what...lol And it was all b/c of you Mudkip! You helped me with it at the last second... ;)

Yeah, I knew my Meta pretty well and that's why I played Eggs 2day. There were an unusually large amount of Sally decks played 2day. I bet there were around 10 or 12 of them. I couldn't believe it :confused:

I used to play Warp Point but I changed them 2 Switches. There were several instances 2day where I was glad it was a Switch and not a Warp Point, b/c then I couldn't have gotten the much needed kill. But I will continue to playtest both.

Duck

Hey there, greetings and congratulations Chad.

The news of your deck winning inspired me to build a version before I saw your post. I found that Double Rainbow Energy worked a treat, drop it on an Eggs and you've got two flips for one automatically with only 10 off the damage. I guess though Boost Energy would be even better (if I remember correctly, Boost counts as three extra flips). You could then work it like a Gardy.

Something else that you may want to pop in there is a HPS. It's nice to zip around and retreat to the bench for one/ for free.

AIM me if you want a game on Appr sometime. I'd be honoured to play ya and playtest further. Why aren't you on Poké-Neo?

~fK

Freddy K. said:
Hey there, greetings and congratulations Chad.

The news of your deck winning inspired me to build a version before I saw your post. I found that Double Rainbow Energy worked a treat, drop it on an Eggs and you've got two flips for one automatically with only 10 off the damage. I guess though Boost Energy would be even better (if I remember correctly, Boost counts as three extra flips). You could then work it like a Gardy.

~fK

sorry freddy, that's a negative...

eggs attack says "flip a coin for each energy CARD discarded"

so 1 boost = 1 flip

DRE was good for Tales also, until i read, for each energy CARD, so ya, DRE could've broken Niniken even more, but no damit

-MuD

I am iffy on the Exeggcutor inclusion but its far from a bad list, Id have gone Rayquaza still, but its great to see another Blaziken deck win...not like anyone ever saw THAT coming =/ Either way, great job man! You deserved it. Looks to me like the entire field was anti Blaziken....and what won? Oh yeah. Blaziken.

Freddy K. - Thanx! Yeah...I kinda lik3 Eggs. I works great for my evo. The only thing I hate about it is how flippy the card is...even though it can do incredible damage. I didn't put boost in there 4 the reason that BPBD mentioned. I like the fire over DRE b/c I can recharge it and I always need lotsa energy l8 game and I don't have NE room 2 just add some either. The same with HPS I'm sure I could drop the Ditto, but it works so good 4 me. I loved the HPS when I played Niniken. You're right, being able to retreat 4 free and only 1 is amazing! Both of those cards would make the deck alot stronger but my list is so tight. >_<

swanton1717 - Thanx br0! I wish you couldda been there 2, it was so much fun. You wouldda had a blast. I'm pretty positive I'm gonna go 2 Nationals but only time will tell....

GCTH7 - The Eggs are there to do massive damage quickly. The 1st attack requires only 1 colorless energy. It allows you to discard as many energy as you wish from any of your pokemon and flip a coin for each one you discarded, then does 40 damage for each heads. Blaze lets you Firestarter on the bench so you can constantly attack. Eventhough Eggs is my heavy-hitter, it is my back-up attacker.

Mudkip - Niniken wouldda defanitely been further brok3n if DRE worked lik3 that. **gasp**

I'm working on getting App re-setup on my comp. I've been way 2 bust with school and work 2 do it l8ly, but when I do, I'd love to playtest with anybody.

As far as Poke-Neo goes....I used to B an active member until it went down. I was 2 lazy 2 find out the new address when it got set back up. If anybody would lik3 to PM me with it I'd appreciate it! :D

Duck

Tyranitar666....I just saw your post after I posted....lmao

Thanx br0, that means alot....especially coming from u! :D Yeah, just about the entire playing field WAS anti-Blaze! I think it was pretty funny I won! lol

The Eggs has let me down in the past, but it came through for me yesterday...

Duck
:D

The only thing I can spot that I'd change is the wobbuffet and the multi. Drop them for a fire and a 3rd POR.
The deck is...dare I say it...perfect other than that, but u said Wobby served its purpose, so it's up to u.

CONGRATS ON FIRST AND WAY TO KICK NEWMAN'S BUTT! I'm not surprised with the quality of this deck. Definitely beats Wailord EX.

Rotfl.

Wooper

wooper, newman didn't play wailord ex.... he played salamence..... as soon as it was legal, me and chaddy had been working on swampert decks with suicune and suicune = mysterious fossil with 8 nrg on it.... lol

well chaddy the only thing that i can say is that u should drop the desert shaman for something that doesn't screw up my oracles......... i'd suggest seer..... :p lol

uh, yeah i'd keep wobber in there because it has served it's purpose...... though only one multi makes it difficult to attack

CONGRATS pimpn, but i'll have my revenge, lol

oh yeah and chaddy, it was the FIF round that we played :D

Last edited:
It says here on the Exeggcutor released in Europe that you flip for each energy...
*prays that no-one sees through his fiction* ;)
Ditch the Boost idea then... well it was fun using DRE on Eggs and no-one checking at league this weekend... ^_^
Neo is in my sig.

~fK

Last edited:
Hey Psyduck,

CONGRATS!!!!!! It sounds like that tournament was a fun one, (and would still have been for you even if you hadn't ended up in first place.)

I also had a horrendous 0-2 start at the Exton/PA Tournament, squeaked into the final rounds in the 8th slot with a 4 - 2 record, defeated the #1 slotted guy and ultimately ended up in either 3rd or 4th place in the 15-plus category.

- Tony

Last edited:
It's alright Freddy K., I have 3 of those special promo Exeggutor's also, but I took mine outta my deck... ;)

DarkTyranitar...haven't talked to you in a while. Isn't that funny how we both squeezed into the T8 and knocked the #1seed out? lol Congrats 2 u 2 on your T4 btw.

Thanx Jermy, preciate it. Too bad you got a bad setup b/c u surely wouldda pwned :D I'm sure I'll see you at Nationals? U goin?

The deck is still the same. I haven't gotten a chance to do much playtesting with work and school, but I'll update it as soon as I do.

Duck

Way to go Chad I would of liked to have played your deck at states just to see how it worked. Anyway congrats!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back