Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place with Mew Lock report

Elite_4_Allen

I had been looking foward to going to my first BR of the season and picking up some championship points. I already knew for a while i'd be playing Mew Lock partly because I had the stuff to build it, and partly because it was unexpected and very good. I didn't have Yanmegas, so i replaced them with Lilligants :D, don't laugh, they were actually pretty deadly...
So there were eight seniors, and three juniors, they decided to fuse seniors and juniors for the event (lucky me, I didn't play a junior at all in swiss, the juniors are better than some masters in my community 9.9). I meet this guy named Bryson, I seriously feel like i've met him before, but I don't think so. We play a game for fun, me versus his crazy deck he built friday night (Reuniclus, Gigalith, Zekrom). It was a long game and after that, we wished we didn't play each other R1.
Guess who I play round 1...

Round 1: Me versus Bryson w/Gigalith/Reuniclus:
So, he started with a lone Solosis and I donked him with Tyrogue :C so sorry, man. good game beforehand ;D
1-0

Round 2 versus i forgot with Mew/Excadrill/Mime Jr./Zekrom:
I think he got a bad hand. He started setting up an excadrill, but I T1 used see off for a Jumpluff and got a KO every turn. GG,
2-0

Round 3 versus Noah with Zekrom/Tornadus/Roserade
I start with lone oddish to his Tornadus. I go first and collector for a mew, another Oddish, and I beleive a sunkern. Unfortunately, on Noah's turn, he uses a Pokemon Collector, and then accidentaly uses copycat and shuffles his hand into his deck before either of us notice. He gets a game loss, and I feel really bad. Although, we will play each other in top cut, so i look foward to good games there.
3-0

Top 2 versus Noah with Zekrom/Tornadus/Roserade
Both of our starts are pretty good, me getting T1 Muk in the lost zone, with a Sunkern on the bench and an Oddish with Vileplume and Rare candy on the bench. He starts setting up a zekrom and a Tornadus. I end up getting the full lock set up by about T3 with Vileplume up, Zekrom confused and poisoned, Aipom active and Tail Code-ing all of his energy he tried to put on Zekrom. I then retreated to mew and got Jumpluff in the lost zone. I went on to cotton guard knock out his Zekrom, to which he promotes Tornadus. He can't KO me because of cotton guard, and I just sludge drag and maintain total control throughout the first game.

Game 2:
I start with a lone Oddish, and he again, starts with Tornadus. He, however gets a very good start and starts setting up his Zekrom. I manage to get a Muk in the lost zone, while giving up two prizes to do so. I'm wating to hit a twins, so i try sludge dragging a Tornadus. That was a mistake, confusion doesn't hurt him and he just hurricanes. I finally hit a twins and try to come back with Lilligants. Trust me, Lilligants are good, but when you rely on flips and you do 20 damage a turn against Zekroms, it won't work. When he takes his fourth prize, and I have only taken two, I decide it's best to scoop, 1: to save time, 2: it's futile, all my Mews are gone and my Flower Shop Lady is prized.

Game 3:
This is a really intense game. We both get really good starts, and I pull of the full lock on turn three. He's able to break through my Aipom shenanigans and start attacking which is when I start using Jumpluff to attack. It seems to not be working, so I sludge drag a Tornadus, and he has no answer to that, so I knock it out with Jumpluff. This is where the game was sealed, he Had Roserade and Tornadus on the bench, he sends up Roserade. This allows me to just sludge drag Tornadus and knock it out later. With little resources left, he tries to play out the game, but I can take the rest of my prizes without much trouble.
GG's Noah.

I had a really great time at the event, and victory cup is such a cool card! I don't want to give out my full list, but i'll say i run 2-2 Lilligant ;D.

Props:
Bryson and his friend being really cool
pulling a full art Tornadus in my packs

Slops:
Donking
Swiss round 3
Not having breakfast 9.9

Last edited:
Good job, MewLock is my absolutely favorite deck, Lilligant was an interesting choice, did it help the Zekrom matchup?

What does that (Lilligant) do?
BTW congrats!
I love mew box too
Lilligant is used for its first attack; Bemusing Aroma. It does 20 damage and you flip a coin. If heads the defending pokemon is poisoned and paralyzed, if tails, the defending pokemon is confused. Its second attack, which i rarely use is cut, which for three energy it does 60 and nothing else. Its first attack needs one grass energy.

Back