Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2 DF 'not-so-sure's (Mew * & Rayquaza ex d)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookshot_Umbreon

1) Mew *'s 2nd attack (Rainbow Wave) says "choose a Basic Energy card attached" to do damage. I think there's been wording like that before, but was then ruled as "any energy." I would like an official word on if it HAS to be BASIC (thus making it difficult to damaging Metal/Dark Pokémon).

2) If a player is behind in prizes with a Rayquaza ex d Active, and there's a Sceptile ex d in play, does Rayquaza ex d have to pay an extra [C]?

Rayquaza ex d's Poké-Body (Rage Aura): If you have more prizes remaining than your opponent, ignore all [C] Energy required to use Rayquaza ex's Special Circuit and Sky-high Claws attacks.

Sceptile ex d's Poké-Body (Extra Liquid): Each player's Pokémon-ex can't use any Poké-Powers and pays [C] more Energy to use its attacks. Each Pokemon can't be affected by more than 1 Extra Liquid Poke-Body.

Hookshot_Umbreon said:
1) Mew *'s 2nd attack (Rainbow Wave) says "choose a Basic Energy card attached" to do damage. I think there's been wording like that before, but was then ruled as "any energy." I would like an official word on if it HAS to be BASIC (thus making it difficult to damaging Metal/Dark Pokémon).
The wording on Mew* is "basic Energy card", which means that special Energy cards providing all types will not work. It has to be a basic Energy card, so you'll have to wait for Darkness and Metal to be released as basics. There is a thread elsewhere on the Gym that seems to indicate that you might not have to wait too long though.

Hookshot_Umbreon said:
2) If a player is behind in prizes with a Rayquaza ex d Active, and there's a Sceptile ex d in play, does Rayquaza ex d have to pay an extra [C]?

Rayquaza ex d's Poké-Body (Rage Aura): If you have more prizes remaining than your opponent, ignore all [C] Energy required to use Rayquaza ex's Special Circuit and Sky-high Claws attacks.

Sceptile ex d's Poké-Body (Extra Liquid): Each player's Pokémon-ex can't use any Poké-Powers and pays [C] more Energy to use its attacks. Each Pokemon can't be affected by more than 1 Extra Liquid Poke-Body.
Rage Aura has set the cost of the attack to one :lightning , so it would ignore the attempt to increase the attack cost by a :colorless .

BDS

The wording on Mew*'s Rainbow Wave is different than the wording on Southern Island Mew's Rainbow Wave.
The Rainbow Energy trick won't work anymore, darn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back